AFLW Champion Data

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
After 2 rounds

C4gVxXBUoAEzLSc.jpg:large

I noticed looking through the paper that the data scores fall pretty heavily at either end of the spectrum vs the men ie heaps of 150+ but also a lot of sub-50
hopefully it evens itself out over the new few years

I noticed looking through the paper that the data scores fall pretty heavily at either end of the spectrum vs the men ie heaps of 150+ but also a lot of sub-50
hopefully it evens itself out over the new few years
Probably a lot to do with time on ground . a more slanted talent distribution and shorter quarters means that many midfielders are playing 100% time on ground and there are others at the end of the bench that are playing 30-50% of the game only.

When you factor in that it's 16/6 vs 18/4 playing 100% game time by default forces a lot of your weaker players into sub 50% game time.

Erin Phillips is killing it at the moment. Also 5th in groundball gets, very noticeable that she is strong over the footy, keeps her feet, holds her position well, and is particularly good at getting both hands to the footy (something the lesser players struggle with under the slightest bit of pressure).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Erin Phillips is killing it at the moment. Also 5th in groundball gets, very noticeable that she is strong over the footy, keeps her feet, holds her position well, and is particularly good at getting both hands to the footy (something the lesser players struggle with under the slightest bit of pressure).

For someone who hadn't played football for a decade she has been the biggest surprise for me in how well she has adapted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back