Charlie Sharples - Sturt

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlie was forced to miss Draft Camp as he was committed to playing for Sturt in the SANFL Reserves Grand Final which Sturt won.

A few other boys like Cahill were also forced to miss Draft Camp because of SANFL commitments.

Sharples is a gun. Proven player against men as shown by his selection to play for the SANFL v. VFL. Had a great U/18 championships as well.

Misconception that he did not finish the year well with no doubt a few clubs hoping to pick Sharples up late.

Most in the know understand that Charlie was pushed back into the Reserves due to his high workload given his U/18 commitments together with a couple of interchange/blood rule infringements meaning that Charlie could only play limited minutes in a couple of league games towards the middle of the season. Also school football commitments came into play as well.

Once he was back in reserves with Sturt, Charlie injured his ankle keeping him out for three weeks or so. Once he came back, as with most injuries he obviously was not his speedy self and took a couple of weeks to get back into it.

He pushed his way back into the league team for a finals game and finished the season on a high with the reserves premiership.

A mate in the know with Sturt said that Charlie blitzed the speed and agility testing at State Screening.

Would be surprised if Charlie does not go in top 40.

Im hoping West Coast pick him, he is one of my favourites of this draft a excitment machine.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=5l0t24M7cvc

Watch this game he's a star.

He wears number 52 and West Coast have pick 52 in the draft I think its a sign a least i hope it is.

Wont have the work ethic to make it in the AFL.

Is older than most in the draft turning 20 early next year.

i wouldn mind a rookie spot tbh, my dream draft would be

2. Rich
18. Swift
20. Walters
36. Jetta
52. Sibasido

Wont have the work ethic to make it in the AFL.

Is older than most in the draft turning 20 early next year.
Not too old, if you look at his highlights on youtube you can see he has very good footy smarts.

Might be worth taking a chance on him in the rookie or even last pick in the national draft.

Not too old, if you look at his highlights on youtube you can see he has very good footy smarts.

Might be worth taking a chance on him in the rookie or even last pick in the national draft.

Got nothing to lose as a rookie pick.

I was told months ago by someone close to the family that he was going to be drafted by Adelaide.

... Most in the know understand that Charlie was pushed back into the Reserves due to his high workload given his U/18 commitments ... Also school football commitments came into play as well.

... Is older than most in the draft turning 20 early next year.
:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.sturtfc.com.au/players/player_52.htm

Charlie Sharples
spacer_white5by2.jpg
Number: 52
Date of Birth: 16/02/1989
Height:
182cm
Weight:
72kg
Debut:
Recruited from:
Darwin
Sponsored by:
www.doubleblue.org

have seen a few sturt games and thought that sharples was playing some game in the ressies because of not making the league team - partly for commitments but also partly because of some error playing and not playing up to league level. has run hot and cold most of the season - thought more cold than hot. good luck to him if he gets drafted

Video Highlights:

[YOUTUBE]jrT8zu7Y0hQ [/YOUTUBE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back