FLEMO

Senior List
Jul 29, 2005
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bungaree
Who here plays in the chfl and would u like or dislike daylesford coming into the chfl IMO i wouldnt care just another team to rough up lol btu u no we would miss out on the bye :(

I don't play in the CHFL but I do think it would be a great addition for the league if the hierarchy allowed Daylesford to join.
The CHFL would be one of the strongest minor leagues in the VCFL, if not the strongest and having Daylesford join would only strengthen that position in my opinion. Daylesford have never been a powerhouse team in the Ballarat FL but they would certainly add to the overall strength of the CHFL. The league would move to 14 teams making it one of the larger leagues in the VCFL and with clubs such as Carngham-Linton and Rokewood-Corindhap in the Lexton Plains FL making noises about wanting to join the league the situation looks very healthy. Based around Ballarat but able to draw players from as far afield as Geelong and Melbourne the CHFL looks strong, stable and secure. The loss of the bye would actually be seen by many people as a positive thing. I would be more concerned if I was a member of the CHFL that the Daylesford juniors do not look like making the switch from their current leagues.
Flemo, would Daylesford joining the CHFL weaken Hepburn by attracting some locals back to their 'home' club?

can't see Daylesford joing CHFl, i heard on the news if that happens there be a masive Players walk out they dont want to goto CHFL .

cheers

Mobbenfuhrer said:
On the far side of the CHFL coin ... if Daylesford gets in can Carngham-Linton kiss goodbye their own dreams of getting into the CHFL? The league would really be pretty close to chockers.
The Lexton Plains football league aren't too bad. Carngham Linton are a pretty good team. They would probably dominate the CHFL if they went in there.

Daylesford would be better off going to the Maryborough Castlemaine league because their juniors are already there.

if they do get into the CHFL they will only have 3 teams in the under 18s reserves and seniors there will be no junior under 15s team which will stuff it up

Grimmett said:
Flemo, would Daylesford joining the CHFL weaken Hepburn by attracting some locals back to their 'home' club?
I dont think it would weaken hepburn they are a powerhouse in every age group but no offence to them but they all look in-bred lol and if it does weaken them it wont be all bad because it will give other teams a chance of winning and even out the compitition

Daylesford were last night given approval to join the CHFL and leave the Ballarat FL they have been affiliated with for the past 53 years.
The votes were tied at 16-16 after clubs and members of the executive had voted but league president, Reg Haintz, used his casting vote to break the deadlock and create a path for Daylesford to change leagues.
The league will now have 14 teams but the move to expand to a final six if Daylesford joined the league was not supported so the final five will remain in operation for the CHFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back