News & Events Christchurch shooting

Hawk Dork

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
I don't believe violence is the answer to violence but I loved seeing that muppet get egged.
It restores your faith in Australian decency, when the shenanigans of democracy let you down theres always a public egging to let the dickhead know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11sjw

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
KC Chiefs, Tahs & NRLDogs
Talk shit, get hit....
With an egg.
It restores your faith in Australian decency, when the shenanigans of democracy let you down theres always a public egging to let the dickhead know
I hope you're all ok with the kid copping one to the face in retaliation.

A better option, for the kid, would've been to try and engage with the guy and make him look like an arseclown. That would've blown up through all media channels and carried far more weight had he got it right.

Marlowe

The 'M' is Silent
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
If you use memes you can pretend everything's just a joke if your girlfriend or boss sees it.

Bit like Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear.
Memes are just a vehicle to conceal ideolog within irony.

We're at a point now though where I don't even think these people have an ideology, they just have memes.

AFL Club
Carlton
I hope you're all ok with the kid copping one to the face in retaliation.

A better option, for the kid, would've been to try and engage with the guy and make him look like an arseclown. That would've blown up through all media channels and carried far more weight had he got it right.
I'm absolutely fine with the kid copping one from Anning. You are egging someone to provoke a reaction. In this case it was a smack in the chops.

Completely agree on your second point by the way.

Last edited:

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
I did back it up in the same post.

Ah, Fraser Anning. It's not supporting him to be against violence. Do you support egging people? Really?
He deserves worse for his comments.
At the very least to lose his job.

Basically victim blamed the terror attack on muslims for being in a “white man” country.
and blamed immigration.

He made Trump look like a saint.

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
I think you’ll find there’s a lot more people then you think who actually support what happened yesterday
You mean white Australians cheering on the death of innocent people, including children. ?

This country is ******

11sjw

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
KC Chiefs, Tahs & NRLDogs

Basically victim blamed the terror attack on muslims for being in a “white man” country.
and blamed immigration.

But to back Lethality up and agree with one of your statements retribution should be via the ballot box.

That Egging scenario was farcical and the kid came off worse for it. It achieved 0 except for the kid sporting a bruise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lethality

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, NY Rangers

and blamed immigration.

This is his third strike that I can think of, maybe he'll be deregistered or something. I don't think violence benefits anyone.

Gralin

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Admin #217
I didn't wave it off, but as I said earlier there's not much to discuss or debate about Annings words. Everyone's already aware of his reputation.
I think the fact we have an elected official spewing this kind of hate is worth discussing.
What you mean is it doesnt suit your agenda

Lethality

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I think the fact we have an elected official spewing this kind of hate is worth discussing.
What you mean is it doesnt suit your agenda
There is no agenda. Just because I'm against violence, doesn't mean I share the views of those who are attacked, in this case Fraser Anning.

Discuss away though, I'm not stopping anyone, or objecting to any discussion of Fraser Anning.

Gralin

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Admin #221
There is no agenda. Just because I'm against violence, doesn't mean I share the views of those who are attacked, in this case Fraser Anning.

Discuss away though, I'm not stopping anyone, or objecting to any discussion of Fraser Anning.
Nice try. The people that were attacked were in Christchurch. Something else you dont want to discuss becuase you're too busy defending the Right Wing and slagging Aly.

It's getting lost in the political aftermath but this is about those killed and injured and their families by a group of people who look like being white nationalists who believe what people like Anning say.

It's not harmless, its not free speech, its hate speech and it is a catalyst for things like this massacre.

Lethality

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Nice try. The people that were attacked were in Christchurch. Something else you dont want to discuss becuase you're too busy defending the Right Wing and slagging Aly.

It's getting lost in the political aftermath but this is about those killed and injured and their families by a group of people who look like being white nationalists who believe what people like Anning say.

It's not harmless, its not free speech, its hate speech and it is a catalyst for things like this massacre.
Literally all I said was that I didn't approve of this violence and somehow this means I am defending the right wing extremists? It sounds like some people here are in favour of violence, which is disturbing.

As for words of hate leading to violence and terrorism, Ive been banging that drum for a while now, to deaf ears.

Gralin

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Admin #223
Literally all I said was that I didn't approve of this violence and somehow this means I am defending the right wing extremists? It sounds like some people here are in favour of violence, which is disturbing.

As for words of hate leading to violence and terrorism, Ive been banging that drum for a while now, to deaf ears.
You've defended the right, condemned Aly, shown more sympathy for Anning getting egged that what happened in Christchurch

Lethality

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
You've defended the right, condemned Aly, shown more sympathy for Anning getting egged that what happened in Christchurch
If you are concerned about subject breakdown, maybe don't spend all your own posts trying to imply things about me.

Nothing wrong with defending those who are simply on the right. They're people too.

It's not sympathy for Anning so much as repudiation of violence. It's important to make that point when people are openly cheering on physical attacks against others.

MWPP

Magical Eagle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Scorchers, Black Caps
Been following this thread but haven't trusted myself to post until now . I'm rarely this affected by current affairs but I'm a Kiwi with ethnic heritage and strong ongoing ties to NZ so this one hit home. I'm also devastated for Christchurch who have been through so much already :( . It's just so unfair, and all due to the actions of one selfish individual :( . I'm lucky and relieved that my own friends and family are ok, but can't even imagine what the families of the victims are going through :( . Some of the comments in this thread and in the general media have been disappointing, but the majority have been supportive, thankfully.

Top Bottom