Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Nov 12, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
B.Celtics, FC Barcelona, Leeds Utd
Always great to see another champion from the Club inducted into the AFL, and clearly Hands was an player from the older generation, but is a worthy induction of the AFL HOF and one of the surviving players from one of the most famous and greatest Grand finals in history, bloodbath 1945.
Played 211 games from 1945 to 1957 and kicked 188 goals and was named on the foward line in the Carlton team of the century ..

Official Honours
Carlton Premiers 1945, 1947
Carlton Best & Fairest 1953
Victorian Representative: 6 times
Named on the Carlton Team of the Century ..

kenhands.jpg

:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

These old champs are plenty famous without this childish "induction" rigmarole. It's pleasing to see our stars of old like Ken getting official recognition but does that really change the way anyone who saw him or knows of his career reputation thinks about him?

Does Lou Richards need to be "inducted" as a Legend before we all believe him to be one? When I was younger and footy was moving from ankle-high to neon boots, Lou was football. TV, print, radio - he was funny, cheeky, irreverent. Everybody loved him, he never had a harsh word for a single soul - not even Jack! I don't have to wait for the AFL and its ludicrous Star Chamber to make their pompous decisions before I percieve my champs as just that. The voters remind me of school-kids in a cubby house choosing who can join the group. Grow up, AFL!

Go, Kenny! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back