News Coach Lyon on 6PR - 18/8/14

Remove this Banner Ad

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
One day when a journo asks Ross about Freo having locked in a top 4 finish or easing off against a team at the foot of the ladder, he's going to say "yeah, we plan to just coast through this weekend". Well, at least the footy journos seem to think that, because they keep trying it on.

Think he sounded flat from the quality of questioning tonight. Interesting regarding Fyfe didn't say they weren't going to challenge, his RTB way of answering made it sound like they make have a crack.

Think he sounded flat from the quality of questioning tonight. Interesting regarding Fyfe didn't say they weren't going to challenge, his RTB way of answering made it sound like they make have a crack.

Yep, I read it the same way...Reckon we'll be going to the tribunal

Indeed and this one does. I was feeling expansive and in a light mood. Coach Lyon amuses me as a title. It kind of suits him. He is nothing if not a professional coach. Ross the Boss works too.

We can assess it in the cold light of day, but ultimately you're not bending to the board, the board is bending to you. It's all about possibility. The past is irrelevant.

We can assess it in the cold light of day, but ultimately you're not bending to the board, the board is bending to you. It's all about possibility. The past is irrelevant.
I don't have that luxury, I don't get to be in the gallery, you can talk about hypotheticals all you want but at the end of the day action is what gets it done. I have to bring it to life on the day.

RTB is in finals mode. He gets really intense and keeps the lid firmly on when it's time to get serious. A few weeks ago he would've had a banter but not now.
That said I love the way he responded to the sub question. The board has to have consensus and then make it a club policy. How bloody grown up have our beloved Freo got.
"The future is bright"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Hardy said that Michael Johnson was moving well and didn't have any strapping on his knee.

What game was Brad watching?
Maybe they're changing tact a little and trying some reverse psychology with Ross. If they'd brought attention to his hobbling around all game Ross naturally would've dismissed it.. As he always does. :p

Having said that, you're playing with fire if you enter into psychological battles with COACH Lyon. :D

The graveyard is full of opposition posters who don't like something about the way the Freo team board is run.

'Coach x' is not one of my favourite American terminologies.
I brought this up and it was a week long meme when I went on about it. Still naff and shit. This isn't a Disney story about a backs-to-the-wall resurrection; this is a B grade film in 2014, debuting at Sundance with Macauley Culkin as the lead.

I brought this up and it was a week long meme when I went on about it. Still naff and shit. This isn't a Disney story about a backs-to-the-wall resurrection; this is a B grade film in 2014, debuting at Sundance with Macauley Culkin as the lead.

Hi silent alarm how you doing long time no see

Seems slightly peeved in the media in the last few weeks does our mate Ross.

Not his usual jovial self. Bit of snarl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back