Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Another of the not played under but playing in the kids when he was coaching Watchem-Corack, Greg Dax.
The way he lead the whole club from the kids right up was fantastic. Even though we didn't win too many games in the kids we still played with our heads high because of the way that he lead and inspired the whole club. There were no flags in the seniors in his time but it didn't seem to matter.
He only left the club when he was appointed captain of the St Kilda seconds in the late 80's before heading up to the GV and coaching Tatura.

Matty Walder( now coaching wagga tigers) prob the most passionate coach i have ever seen let alone play under. Wouldn't ask anything of you that he wouldn't do himself. Brilliant coach and even better bloke.

Trevor Ryan would be regarded as probably the greatest to coach in the CMFL. Coached his first flag at 21. Went on to coach many more with a variety of clubs. Earned the respect of his players buy his actions on the field. His sides were very tough to play against

Trevor Ryan would be regarded as probably the greatest to coach in the CMFL. Coached his first flag at 21. Went on to coach many more with a variety of clubs. Earned the respect of his players buy his actions on the field. His sides were very tough to play against
I watched him coach and play in Balranalds flag in i think 87. Apparently played with pain killing injections having a broken toe and still got a bucket of posies. I only seen him a few times but he impressed me every time i did see him.

Peter Somerville was a great coach to play under, taught me a lot about playing in the ruck and about how the mid field should work.
some might not say so but Dean Lupson was also very good to play under, demanded respect and the players respond to him, knew how to get the best out of his list. won 3 senior premierships in a row, one of them with a buch of kids under 21 who jad only a few years of senior experience.[/quote]

He didn't play in any of them either, was suspended for all 3, then the following year went elsewhere and was suspended for the GF also which they lost. Does my memory serve me correctly anyone?

The best i have played under was MATTHEW LARKIN,very proffesional,with a great tactical brain.
Mick Maguane record speaks for itself seems very switched on and very motivating,haven't had the pleasure of playing unda mick but trained under him and we had him speak to us before our grand final this year.

Matthew Larkin is the biggest tosser I have ever come across.

I don't think there's been one yet that has been good. My old man was too afraid to play me in the 2's (I was skinny as when I was 16), both my Under 17's coaches were not really the greatest influence, a few of the others have been mini-busses...

BEST COACH- Dean Cooper and jason clarke/john ellis

WORST COACH- mark neeld current jets coach total ********er no idea and few times threatened his players with violence if they didnt play well

The best i have played under was MATTHEW LARKIN,very proffesional,with a great tactical brain.
Mick Maguane record speaks for itself seems very switched on and very motivating,haven't had the pleasure of playing unda mick but trained under him and we had him speak to us before our grand final this year.
agree with the Larkin one gave me my senior debut, love the bloke for that very professional

Mick McGaune is a fantastic coach.He is also a coach who educates players about general life as he is always willing to get accountants, police, lawywers etc to the clubs he coaches to speak to the players. Perhaps his gambling problems of the past have hindered him getting an afl gig but I reckon he would be great.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not played under but went and watched a few gvfl finals matches this year and the current Shep Utd coach is probably the best speaker in a huddle i have seen and i think he is still pretty young, I would say he has got a pretty big future in coaching a head of him. Not sure of his name but was very impressed.

Not played under but went and watched a few gvfl finals matches this year and the current Shep Utd coach is probably the best speaker in a huddle i have seen and i think he is still pretty young, I would say he has got a pretty big future in coaching a head of him. Not sure of his name but was very impressed.

Steve Hazelman. Done his knee in the first final against Mooroopna. Heard him talk at Seymour when United were down by heaps at half time and fired the boys up for a big 3rd quarter to get back in the game. Dunno where he will be next year but his brother Brad is coaching United.

Peter Tossol. A very passionate man that gives 100% to football. Always trained with the guys and was always one of the fittest. When he played everyone around him lifted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back