News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

0c5df39efe4aaaeb761631da436ab9b6.jpg
Tinfoil hat

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ellis was down with the players before the game too

I really liked seeing that, not just for what it was, but it also shows we got the right man in Ellis.

I figure that he was always recruited more as a person than a player. A guy who can influence our culture with the right kind of attitude, the kind that binds players together and wins premierships.

That he both went to celebrate his captain, and was welcomed back like this shows the kind of respect he's still held at at his old club, and hopefully the kind of influence he's bringing to the Suns.

It's Carro's "firm belief that Stewart Dew's days are numbered, and he could be gone by the end of the month". Ship off, Carro. I hate this ghoulish crap from the media. The journos couldn't WAIT for them to have a couple of bad losses so they could pile with the world's easiest articles that virtually write themselves

Jesus, is Caro a member of this bigfooty forum?

1 loss to the best team in the comp and Dew should be sacked?

Yes, we were absolutely putrid. Let's see how they respond before we start lighting the torches against Dew.

This year has been really frustrating as a fan because I feel as if we are so close to cracking this open.

If they come out this week against Port and get belted by 15 goals like last week, then there needs to be changes

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus, is Caro a member of this bigfooty forum?

1 loss to the best team in the comp and Dew should be sacked?

Yes, we were absolutely putrid. Let's see how they respond before we start lighting the torches against Dew.

This year has been really frustrating as a fan because I feel as if we are so close to cracking this open.

If they come out this week against Port and get belted by 15 goals like last week, then there needs to be changes

I guess its not just the 1 big loss? In a year where thrashings like that should have been come and gone.

Round 1. 49 point loss to swans
Round 4. 53 point loss to saints
Round 10 43 point loss to Bris
Round 14 59 point loss to Carlt

I guess its not just the 1 big loss? In a year where thrashings like that should have been come and gone.

Round 1. 49 point loss to swans
Round 4. 53 point loss to saints
Round 10 43 point loss to Bris
Round 14 59 point loss to Carlt
The others don't feel as big as the Collingwood one.
Sydney was clearly out for some revenge from the GF Loss
We played a bad half against the Saints
1 bad quarter against Brisbane
1 bad quarter against Carlton

The Collingwood game was the first time this season we were decimated from start to finish,it never felt as if we took any sort of control of that game.

I'm pretty sure Dew will at least see out the season and any calls for him to be sacked prior is silly, but how we finish the season will determine if he's here next season.

The others don't feel as big as the Collingwood one.
Sydney was clearly out for some revenge from the GF Loss
We played a bad half against the Saints
1 bad quarter against Brisbane
1 bad quarter against Carlton

The Collingwood game was the first time this season we were decimated from start to finish,it never felt as if we took any sort of control of that game.

I'm pretty sure Dew will at least see out the season and any calls for him to be sacked prior is silly, but how we finish the season will determine if he's here next season.

Yeah, if they havent made a decision then yeah, give him until the end of the season. But if the thought process is in the back of the minds of those in power, then sometimes like.. (almost with like bucks) once you make the decision, there is no poiint in going further. Sometimes a new coach, even a temp one can provide a playing group with a spark.

Probably the most concerning thing from the weekend was that its like Dew had no answers with what was happening, and he was powerless.
Quite stark difference from this time last year.

Dew has done his job and we should be grateful. He stopped the rot and less players are leaving because of it. But the real question is can he take us the next step. The answer to that appears to be no. I don’t think it makes him an out and out bad coach. Just he’s taken this list as far as he can get them.
It’s time to move him on, if a decision on next year has already been made on the quiet.. don’t even wait till next season. Let king take the reigns till the end of the year and bring in triple premiership coach Hardwick for next season.

Yeah, if they havent made a decision then yeah, give him until the end of the season. But if the thought process is in the back of the minds of those in power, then sometimes like.. (almost with like bucks) once you make the decision, there is no poiint in going further. Sometimes a new coach, even a temp one can provide a playing group with a spark.

Probably the most concerning thing from the weekend was that its like Dew had no answers with what was happening, and he was powerless.
Quite stark difference from this time last year.

Too many Gold Coast supporters are happy with mediocre because dew is a nice guy.

The fact that crows bombers pies have all gone past us in the last few years without the extra hand outs and even the giants have looked to quickly turn things around. Don’t forget the swans finished below us 16th in 2020 and played off in a grand final last year and we’re still here making excuses for poor performances

Too many Gold Coast supporters are happy with mediocre because dew is a nice guy.

The fact that crows bombers pies have all gone past us in the last few years without the extra hand outs and even the giants have looked to quickly turn things around. Don’t forget the swans finished below us 16th in 2020 and played off in a grand final last year and we’re still here making excuses for poor performances
Every single team you mentioned (except GWS) is able to recruit big names to fast-track their (re)growth. Furthermore, each were a finals team and still have a core group of players from when they were good.

We have been unable to recruit any big names. We constantly rely on internal growth and B graders to plug holes, which just leads to more holes and cap pressure.

We just never got the mature players to go with the young kids, so our growth is slower or more erratic, and thus our turnover begins.

Every single team you mentioned (except GWS) is able to recruit big names to fast-track their (re)growth. Furthermore, each were a finals team and still have a core group of players from when they were good.

We have been unable to recruit any big names. We constantly rely on internal growth and B graders to plug holes, which just leads to more holes and cap pressure.

We just never got the mature players to go with the young kids, so our growth is slower or more erratic, and thus our turnover begins.
Having Hardwick will definitely help in attracting players.
I have on very good authority Hardwick and Martin are very strong possibilities to be at the GC next year. Even Evans is not a believer any more.
So l'm told.

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having Hardwick will definitely help in attracting players.
I have on very good authority Hardwick and Martin are very strong possibilities to be at the GC next year. Even Evans is not a believer any more.
So l'm told.

Also AFL was absolutely livid about Saturday night and want a high profile experienced coach. No surprise who that is and he's available.
The universal view on Dew is he's ceiling is an Assistant Coach.

Any thoughts on trying to entice Nathan Buckley?
Benefit there is usually a coach might snag a player/staff member from their previous club.

I don't mind the Hardwick chase, but not convinced Dusty is the pinup boy we need whose padding his superannuation with Dimma.
Martin fits 2 needs.
Profile and would be an excellent small forward for a few years.
Partial salary dump from Tigers as well.
Martin wants out of Melbourne.

Martin fits 2 needs.
Profile and would be an excellent small forward for a few years.
Partial salary dump from Tigers as well.
Martin wants out of Melbourne.

Any other news?
Has this just come to light after the weekend?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back