Cody Raak- NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

I've had the same concerns too - it's why I don't think we can realistically have Schache and Young in the same side. Wouldn't be surprised to see Young forced out if Schache sticks around and we draft Raak
Agree. Of the 2 id keep schache, has sublime forward nous while lew dos have trade value. Schachs deficiencies can be (possibly} improved with age and maturity, as could young, just with less upside.

The trouble with trading either Young or Schache this season is that their value has dropped to the point where they would not get any bid in the top 50 draft places (or worse). Perhaps a swap of picks would be possible. If, however, they had some exposed form in the seniors then their value could rise a bit. Catch 22 I suppose. Young is contracted next year and Schache til 2022 and neither would be on big money. There are plenty of other candidates for de-listing and retirement so why not keep both. If, on the other hand, one or both request a trade then we should facilitate that.

The trouble with trading either Young or Schache this season is that their value has dropped to the point where they would not get any bid in the top 50 draft places (or worse). Perhaps a swap of picks would be possible. If, however, they had some exposed form in the seniors then their value could rise a bit. Catch 22 I suppose. Young is contracted next year and Schache til 2022 and neither would be on big money. There are plenty of other candidates for de-listing and retirement so why not keep both. If, on the other hand, one or both request a trade then we should facilitate that.
Agree.
The trouble with discussion of trades here is that most people only want to trade out players who are not performing and/or not getting games so they have little or no value. Yet we still hope to get something useful in return.

If we want to be a serious participant in trades we need to look at trading out players with value. I'm not suggesting we actually trade out any of these but examples of the sort of player I'm talking about is McLean, Richards, Dunkley, Lipinski, Dale, Butler etc. All are young, most are getting regular senior games and all would have some value.

The idea would be to look at where we are well catered for and swap a player in that area from where we are NOT well catered for (eg a dynamic small forward). It might hurt a little bit to lose that player who would become a regular at his new club but if we get a good player in his place and he fills an urgent need then it's win-win.

Lewis Young might still have some value but Schache has already moved clubs so I think other clubs would be wary of him if he couldn't make it at either home.

Agree. Of the 2 id keep schache, has sublime forward nous while lew dos have trade value. Schachs deficiencies can be (possibly} improved with age and maturity, as could young, just with less upside.
There is absolutely no reason to trade either of them. Even if we have to cut list sizes I would still have at least 8 guys ahead of the in the queue to the chopping block. Let them work away on their games for another year and worry about where they are at the end of 2021.

There is absolutely no reason to trade either of them. Even if we have to cut list sizes I would still have at least 8 guys ahead of the in the queue to the chopping block. Let them work away on their games for another year and worry about where they are at the end of 2021.
I agree. Plenty to work with both of them
Was more of an observation on the two players in particular.

Interview starts at 42:25. His dad's name is Marc Raak which is wonderful.

He talks about training with the Dogs but I don't think they mentioned him being academy linked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back