*Collingwood 2007 Trailer*

Remove this Banner Ad

To answer the Trailer's question "Rising or just lucky" the answer is obvious. They are lucky.
This year for collingwood is going to be like last year. They will just scrape into the finals and then get blown out of the water in the first final match.

Why would this happen? It's because of the dream draw the AFL keeps on giving them. They will make the finals because of the draw and then will have to face some decent oppisition that fought through a tough draw to make the finals (who actually earnt the right to be there).
If Collingwood had a fair draw then they would finish somewhere between 9th and 11th.

To answer the Trailer's question "Rising or just lucky" the answer is obvious. They are lucky.
This year for collingwood is going to be like last year. They will just scrape into the finals and then get blown out of the water in the first final match.

Why would this happen? It's because of the dream draw the AFL keeps on giving them. They will make the finals because of the draw and then will have to face some decent oppisition that fought through a tough draw to make the finals (who actually earnt the right to be there).
If Collingwood had a fair draw then they would finish somewhere between 9th and 11th.

Maybe you should write to all the teams (like your own) and ask them to stop requesting to play us twice and you will probably get told a big fat -"NO because playing Collingwood as one of our home games brings in soooo much money to our club its not funny!"
Stop blaming Collingwood and stop insinuating that there is some type of fixture rigging this arguement is getting tired and boring, not to mention annoying.

Maybe you should write to all the teams (like your own) and ask them to stop requesting to play us twice and you will probably get told a big fat -"NO because playing Collingwood as one of our home games brings in soooo much money to our club its not funny!"
Stop blaming Collingwood and stop insinuating that there is some type of fixture rigging this arguement is getting tired and boring, not to mention annoying.

I am well aware that all the clubs request to play Collingwood and I don't blame them. But all I was doing is explaining the truth that if they had a draw as tough as everybody else they would not make the finals. The finals expose the pretenders from the contenders and last year it exposed Collingwood as a pretender.

I am well aware that all the clubs request to play Collingwood and I don't blame them. But all I was doing is explaining the truth that if they had a draw as tough as everybody else they would not make the finals. The finals expose the pretenders from the contenders and last year it exposed Collingwood as a pretender.

We got beaten by a better team on the day in the finals. The Western Bulldogs got beaten (thrashed) the next week so does that expose them as pretenders. StKilda got beaten in the first week of the finals, does that make them pretenders? Your team didn't even make the finals. Your only as good as your opposition lets you be, it just so happens at the moment most of the teams (mostly victorian) that want to play Collingwood were down in the bottom 8, the tide will turn and soon they may be in the top 8 but they will still request to play Collingwood because of the money they earn from it and the fixture will probably mirror that so eventually Collingwood could get whats classed as an unfair fixture because even though we may not have to travel quite as much as others we might end up playing all top 8 teams twice. Does that make sense??? What comes around goes around I guess. It may seem an unfair advantage at the moment but it could turn around is what I am saying.
Concentrate on Richmond buddy and worry about how they are going to finally break into the 8 after so many years wollowing down the bottom.

We got beaten by a better team on the day in the finals. The Western Bulldogs got beaten (thrashed) the next week so does that expose them as pretenders. StKilda got beaten in the first week of the finals, does that make them pretenders? Your team didn't even make the finals. Your only as good as your opposition lets you be, it just so happens at the moment most of the teams (mostly victorian) that want to play Collingwood were down in the bottom 8, the tide will turn and soon they may be in the top 8 but they will still request to play Collingwood because of the money they earn from it and the fixture will probably mirror that so eventually Collingwood could get whats classed as an unfair fixture because even though we may not have to travel quite as much as others we might end up playing all top 8 teams twice. Does that make sense??? What comes around goes around I guess. It may seem an unfair advantage at the moment but it could turn around is what I am saying.
Concentrate on Richmond buddy and worry about how they are going to finally break into the 8 after so many years wollowing down the bottom.
spot on nobody was complaining when the pies were playing the dons and carlton twice when they were at the top of the ladder

last the pies played the following teams twice

adelaide = tough
Kangas = rabble
Hawks = rabble
carlton = rabble
essendon = rabble
port = average
west coast = tough

this year it is

adelaide = tough
sydney = tough
melbourne = tough
richmond = average
carlton = rabble
brisbane = rabble
essendon = average

Ok so is 5th just scraping into the finals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ninth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back