News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Shocked at all.

We really should not of Traded Him back in the 1st Place
True, but it can’t be changed. Time to move on and hope Beamer gets his life sorted.

Not Shocked at all.

We really should not of Traded Him back in the 1st Place
Yeah but these things happen. We tried to do right by him. Sometimes things don't work out. But sometimes you gotta try. It is what is it, now to finalise it so both parties can move forward.

Quote:
'Tom Boyd retired last year because of a back injury and a mental health condition, but walked away from the $1.5 million owed to him by the Bulldogs in the last two years of his deal.

In one scenario, Beams could argue he is entitled to the entirety of the $1.5 million left on his contract, likening his mental health problems to a physical injury such as a career-ending knee problem.'

AFL recruiting and trading is becoming a complicated business. I gather that if he is awarded the $1.5m, that's out of our salary cap the next three years? Interesting that Tom Boyd chose to walk away from his owed money. Might say something for the man's integrity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but these things happen. We tried to do right by him. Sometimes things don't work out. But sometimes you gotta try. It is what is it, now to finalise it so both parties can move forward.

Maybe but he had big Mental Question Marks coming in.

Just make some of the Rumors(Especially the one that why he changed his mind of Staying at Brisbane) sounds like more Possible now

Only IF not Counted towards our Salary Cap
If he isn't going to play, i'd rather him off the list. At the very least the club can be developing a young player at minimal cap space.

I'd like to think the AFL might throw us a bone and allow some of the payment outside of the cap. Any chance Gill .....?

You're talking about a man with alleged gambling issues.

As if he will walk away from 1.5 million.

Collingwood will be made to pay out his full contract, unsure if it will be in or out of the cap.

Dayne is no Tom Boyd.

But Stilll Both have had pretty bad Mental Issues

Of Course the Club would pay him out and IF we can give him the Full 1.5 Million and does not count towards the Cap they will do that

Quote:
'Tom Boyd retired last year because of a back injury and a mental health condition, but walked away from the $1.5 million owed to him by the Bulldogs in the last two years of his deal.

In one scenario, Beams could argue he is entitled to the entirety of the $1.5 million left on his contract, likening his mental health problems to a physical injury such as a career-ending knee problem.'

AFL recruiting and trading is becoming a complicated business. I gather that if he is awarded the $1.5m, that's out of our salary cap the next three years? Interesting that Tom Boyd chose to walk away from his owed money. Might say something for the man's integrity.
Why don’t you wait and see before passing judgement on his character?

What we do know is that Beams is ill. It’s time to stop doubting that.

But Stilll Both have had pretty bad Mental Issues

Of Course the Club would pay him out and IF we can give him the Full 1.5 Million and does not count towards the Cap they will do that

No doubt, you won't see me disputing the veracity of Beams claim that he is struggling with his wellbeing.

I'm also saying that Boyd had depression/anxiety.

Beams has stated that he struggles with his wellbeing (depression)? and also has alleged addiction issues, and a deeply flawed personal character.

He is going to make Collingwood pay.

Dayne is a ticking time bomb, and when people reach out to help he has no issue with kicking them in the teeth and leaving them in his wake.

He's done it to Collingwood before, and now he has done it to you again.

Why don’t you wait and see before passing judgement on his character?

What we do know is that Beams is ill. It’s time to stop doubting that.
Where did I pass judgement? I simply stated what Tom Boyd has done and what it might say about his character. I know nothing of what is happening with regard to Beams.

Where did I pass judgement? I simply stated what Tom Boyd has done and what it might say about his character. I know nothing of what is happening with regard to Beams.
You have previously made it clear that you don’t believe Beams is suffering from depression.

Clearly he is.

No doubt, you won't see me disputing the veracity of Beams claim that he is struggling with his wellbeing.

I'm also saying that Boyd had depression/anxiety.

Beams has stated that he struggles with his wellbeing (depression)? and also has alleged addiction issues, and a deeply flawed personal character.

He is going to make Collingwood pay.

Dayne is a ticking time bomb, and when people reach out to help he has no issue with kicking them in the teeth and leaving them in his wake.

He's done it to Collingwood before, and now he has done it to you again.

Another Benny Cousins you say? Or was that Daniel Kerr? Or was that Daniel Chick? .... lots of elite sportsmen are damaged individuals mate...we get it. Your empathy is touching though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back