Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Being a mod doesn't shield someone from criticism or ridicule when they're acting like a muppet.

In fact, considering that the mods are predominantly responsible for setting the tone and culture of their individual boards, I'd say they are deservedly held to a higher standard.

The St Kilda boards are absolutely feral.

I'm not arguing with that but sitting on the forum talking about it generally achieves one of two things - that mod never sees it or they do and declare mod bashing. It's always best to take that discussion private with site admin.

Sure, in a perfect world mods would set the tone and standard of the forum but that's not in any way set in stone - the way it's done is through a mods only obligation, maintaining site rules.

I wait to see the outcome this week…..but that didn’t look like a remorseful face to me……..
Bad look, bad from coach spraying opposition player…
Bad all round, just hope Jy is doing ok

Yesterday would have meant paying double time to th PR Agency that put the apologies together (both were obviously written by the same team).
It’s what, middle of the day the day after? It’s fine, no sane club would wait longer or too much earlier would suggest it was premeditated too quickly
Play on

Yesterday would have meant paying double time to th PR Agency that put the apologies together (both were obviously written by the same team).
I get it….was eloquently put by left foot and you…..emotionally lm done…never like seeing that on the field…..and the rubbish that has followed….just hope that outcome of the tribunal is reflected appropriately…and more importantly l wish Jy all my well wishes on his recovery from a shocking incident.

Isn't Jye currently dating Dermott Brereton's daughter?
He was on SEN earlier and all he did was speak glowingly about Webster's character and that any penalty should be reduced by a game due to his good character over a long period of time. Only briefly mentioned Jye at the end but barely seemed to register to him.
Wonder what his daughter thinks of her dad's duty of care to her boyfriend?

I'm not arguing with that but sitting on the forum talking about it generally achieves one of two things - that mod never sees it or they do and declare mod bashing. It's always best to take that discussion private with site admin.

Sure, in a perfect world mods would set the tone and standard of the forum but that's not in any way set in stone - the way it's done is through a mods only obligation, maintaining site rules.
As someone who obviously comes here most days of the week I’m appreciative that a bunch of random folks like yourself spend your own time keeping things organised and clearing out the more undesirable contributions.

Be that as it may, I don’t understand why anyone would be so intolerant of reasonable public criticism, like the type Chadwiko demonstrated, that you would need to keep it all in private channels with the admin, like BF was some weird sect of the Catholic Church.

Why should anyone have confidence in a system where moderation decisions can’t be reasonably debated?

As someone who obviously comes here most days of the week I’m appreciative that a bunch of random folks like yourself spend your own time keeping things organised and clearing out the more undesirable contributions.

Be that as it may, I don’t understand why anyone would be so intolerant of reasonable public criticism, like the type Chadwiko demonstrated, that you would need to keep it all in private channels with the admin, like BF was some weird sect of the Catholic Church.

Why should anyone have confidence in a system where moderation decisions can’t be reasonably debated?

I've merely given the view on oppo mods. I prefer our method here.

Just bad all round……agreed Hope Jy is receiving support….just seems to be lost in the whole scheme of things…
There's a lot of false equivalence going on at the moment. By far and away the most important issue here is Jy's health and the cowardly, sniping act of Webster and how he should be punished. Clarkson's verbal slur in defending his player from that act of cowardly violence is an absolutely trivial issue in comparison.

Okay, and when a mod doesn't 'maintain site rules', and not only oversees but actively participates in a board-culture of rampant feral behaviour, including calling Laura Kane a 'bitch' and 'Casting Couch Kane'? Then can we call said-mod/s out for shitty behaviour?

And just for the record, those posts were reported yesterday and today, and they're still up. And the poster who made them is still posting, unsanctioned.

So, yeah... nah mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, and when a mod doesn't 'maintain site rules', and not only oversees but actively participates in a board-culture of rampant feral behaviour, including calling Laura Kane a 'bitch' and 'Casting Couch Kane'? Then can we call said-mod/s out for shitty behaviour?

And just for the record, those posts were reported yesterday and today, and they're still up. And the poster who made them is still posting, unsanctioned.

So, yeah... nah mate.

I can't see any of these reports so I can't make any comment on them. If that is the case though, as per the site rules there are avenues should you have an issue with any moderation:

1. Mods don't get everything right all the time. Different boards have some local policy and rule variations.
    • If you get a warning or a suspension don't fly off the handle. You'll only get yourself in deeper.
    • Open a Private Conversation with the board moderators, make your case clearly and respectfully, and you will be listened to. Chuck a tanty and you might get the flick.
    • Creating new user accounts to get around bans or restrictions WILL increase your suspension or get you booted off the site.
    • If you are not happy with your response from a moderator, contact Admin here.

Isn't Jye currently dating Dermott Brereton's daughter?
He was on SEN earlier and all he did was speak glowingly about Webster's character and that any penalty should be reduced by a game due to his good character over a long period of time. Only briefly mentioned Jye at the end but barely seemed to register to him.
Wonder what his daughter thinks of her dad's duty of care to her boyfriend?
Jy Simpkin is not dating Dermott Brereton's daughter.

Her father is Danny Brereton, a jockey.

Just catching up on 360 now the kids are in bed.

I thought Andrew Dillon was actually pretty good on the whole Jy / Webster / Clarko thing.

Expectedly he didn't want to prejudge the JM judgement, but gave every indication JM should be looking at a very serious suspension.

He also expressed a bit of displeasure about the Clarko confrontation, as you'd expect, but sensibly deflected Robbo's claims how he should be punished, and cheerfully turned the conversation into what his own responsibilities entailed.

Seems like an alright operator TBH.

Mods are untouchable, nobodies with a bit of power.
Clarko is a coach with a passion for his players, as such things happen in the heat of the moment but, * me.
The media are the ' utensil ' suckers for trying to make this homophobic, and for 'lets get Clarko approach'.
Like everyone in football hope the boy has no long term effects.

So, yeah... nah mate.
They've been reported and dealt with earlier in the day. Your faux outrage makes me piss. Get a hobby.

They've been reported and dealt with earlier in the day. Your faux outrage makes me piss. Get a hobby.

What worries me most is I just assumed these posts were on the North forum and I couldn't find them.

Might be time though for our two boards to call a ceasefire, we're just picking off bodies at the moment. I doubt many are happy with the last 24hrs.

What worries me most is I just assumed these posts were on the North forum and I couldn't find them.

Might be time though for our two boards to call a ceasefire, we're just picking off bodies at the moment. I doubt many are happy with the last 24hrs.
* off! I haven’t even spread my wings over on their board yet.

angry will ferrell GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back