Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know if it’s the l don’t believe it syndrome ….as we have had other items we have started grown then ripped off us to go to other clubs after doing the hard yards…
But it is with nervous gratitude l go …two articles imploring we keep it…wow l never thought ld see this….

l truely hope we do and that this theme in the week ahead continues in media land..

Article feels slightly misplaced. I think we’ve largely moved beyond the “north don’t/do deserve to keep Good Friday” narrative.
It was a sellout, bar near me ran out of CD cans by ht, what more can we do?

It's a non issue.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Wow, imagine that. Letting 2 teams build up a marquee game over multiple years (especially with a great cause attached) has resulted in a big crowd regardless of how either team is playing.

Big thumbs up to everyone at North involved in making this a proper marquee game for the club.

Thumbs down to the AFL for immediately putting a second game on good Friday for extra TV cash. More thumbs down for these scumbag "journos" like Gerard talking it up now after saying it should've been taken off North for years.

Wow, imagine that. Letting 2 teams build up a marquee game over multiple years (especially with a great cause attached) has resulted in a big crowd regardless of how either team is playing.

Big thumbs up to everyone at North involved in making this a proper marquee game for the club.

Thumbs down to the AFL for immediately putting a second game on good Friday for extra TV cash. More thumbs down for these scumbag "journos" like Gerard talking it up now after saying it should've been taken off North for years.

Meh. Two non-Victorian teams on Fox with next to no coverage in Melbourne media. They got 50k without detracting from our game. Let them have it.

Wow, first seg On The Couch, and they're all praising us, even though we lost. Garry and Browny on massive boners.

And bagging Hawthorn at the same time for being bog boring. Love it.
Yeah, get used to Garry Lyon praising you blokes and pumping you up at every opportunity. He used to do the same for Hawthorn when Clarkson was coaching us. He was a virtual closet Hawks fan. It shouldn't come as a surprise that Lyon and Clarkson are good mates from their Melbourne days. I'm not surprised either that Lyon is now sticking the boot into us with his mate, Clarko feeling very bitter towards the current Hawthorn regime.

Typical AFL media... They always have their personal agenda and bias.

Last edited:
It was a sellout, bar near me ran out of CD cans by ht, what more can we do?

The bar behind bay 20~ was out of CD cans BEFORE THE OPENING BOUNCE.

Had to settle for Great Northern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two relevant articles in The Age, both behind the paywall:

- Worrying signs for rebuilding North as Clarkson defends key list management calls - https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ttle-to-reduce-turnovers-20240329-p5fg7p.html

- How Tarryn Thomas can go to any club, at no draft cost - https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ny-club-at-no-draft-cost-20240329-p5fg8q.html

Yeah, get used to Garry Lyon praising you blokes and pumping you up at every opportunity. He used to do the same for Hawthorn when Clarkson was coaching us. He was a virtual closet Hawks fan. It shouldn't come as a surprise that Lyon and Clarkson are good mates from their Melbourne days. I'm not surprised either that Lyon is now sticking the boot into us with his mate, Clarko feeling very bitter towards the current Hawthorn regime.

Typical AFL media... They always have their personal agenda and bias.
Garry also has a soft spot for North because of JB. Lyon and Clarko were both at JB's wedding in Perth a few months ago. The "Roos fan" he mention at the end of this vid is JB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back