List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

eaglevision

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2023
AFL Club
West Coast
Any strong opinions in the 2024 draft, trade and free agency space? Some good WA trade targets such as Busslinger and McDonald as well as free agents English and Baker. Does anyone think the NGA rules will be tweaked allowing us access to Malakai Champion after missing out on Collard this year? Likely to see Culley and Maric elevated to the main list at some point next year which means a minimum of 5 delistings assuming we use all three picks (R1,R2,R4) in the draft. If we elevate one or more other rookies or trade in a player even more room will need to be made. Some huge decisions for whoever steps onto ROB’s role.

Here We Go Again GIF

Murmurs are basically the bottom 8 teams can match bids on any of the academy players as the rule change.

Tim English wont be coming, nor is he ideal. Its 2025 that free agency will be our go. Id be staggered if Sam Taylor isnt a Eagle in 2025.

Culley aint a certainty to be elevated at all. Long way to go for him. For next year I think we have 3 certain list changes just waiting to occur and thats Gaff retiring, Rotham getting delisted and Jamieson moving to the rookie list.

Next year is the year to just hit the draft. 2025 is the year for Sam Taylor + trading in for a guy like Chad Warner for example. Id give both 1 mill+ each that no Sydney team can match

Murmurs are basically the bottom 8 teams can match bids on any of the academy players as the rule change.

Tim English wont be coming, nor is he ideal. Its 2025 that free agency will be our go. Id be staggered if Sam Taylor isnt a Eagle in 2025.

Culley aint a certainty to be elevated at all. Long way to go for him. For next year I think we have 3 certain list changes just waiting to occur and thats Gaff retiring, Rotham getting delisted and Jamieson moving to the rookie list.

Next year is the year to just hit the draft. 2025 is the year for Sam Taylor + trading in for a guy like Chad Warner for example. Id give both 1 mill+ each that no Sydney team can match
Assuming our young midfield brigade fulfil their potential, adding Warner would absolutely be the icing on top

Where are you hearing this??? - I've actually heard the opposite. Highly unlikely.

Anyone else heard the rumours that we are going after Chad Warner?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyone else heard the rumours that we are going after Chad Warner?

He’d be a great target but he’s going to be expensive. Best case scenario:

Barrass and R1 for L McDonald and Warner
R2 for Busslinger
Remaining picks to match bid for Champion (if NGA rules change and assuming we get something back by trading a player like J Jones)

Sam Taylor via FA

He’d be a great target but he’s going to be expensive. Best case scenario:

Barrass and R1 for L McDonald and Warner
R2 for Busslinger
Remaining picks to match bid for Champion (if NGA rules change and assuming we get something back by trading a player like J Jones)

Sam Taylor via FA
There is no way Sydney would do that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2026 draft is full of WA MID talent according to Davos. There is a top 3 talent that is a WA mid and a top 8 talent that is WA mid.

Looking at our moves it does make sense as to why we traded our 2025 pick for Curtin. Because in 2026 we have WA mids.

Priority is

1. Balanced accumulator Mid (preference is purely outside) with decent speed.

Anyone close to mckercher in 2025 draft? I say finn O Sullivan? No more high ceiling mids we have Reid, ginbey, and Hewitt all three are high ceiling but the issue with high ceiling is they are high risk. Rule out Smillie.

2. KPD

Last edited:
2025 draft is full of WA MID talent according to Davos. There is a top 3 talent that is a WA mid and a top 8 talent that is WA mid.

Looking at our moves it does make sense as to why we traded our 2024 pick for Curtin. Because in 2025 we have WA mids.

Priority is

Anyone close to mckercher in 2024 draft? I say finn O Sullivan? No more high ceiling mids we have Reid, ginbey, and Hewitt all three are high ceiling but the issue with high ceiling is we can see all three being bust or they take time to build. Rule out Smillie.

2. KPD
have i switched timelines again?

2025 draft is full of WA MID talent according to Davos. There is a top 3 talent that is a WA mid and a top 8 talent that is WA mid.

Looking at our moves it does make sense as to why we traded our 2024 pick for Curtin. Because in 2025 we have WA mids.

Priority is

Anyone close to mckercher in 2024 draft? I say finn O Sullivan? No more high ceiling mids we have Reid, ginbey, and Hewitt all three are high ceiling but the issue with high ceiling is we can see all three being bust or they take time to build. Rule out Smillie.

2. KPD
I can't see Reid, Hewett or Ginbey being busts. Richard Tambling, Mitch Thorp and Fisher McAsey are busts.

Finn O'Sullivan is my early numero uno for next year, he's a pretty complete player.

Wouldn't be surprised if WC split their 1st again, club's will be really keen on getting access to the top end mids. I definitely agree we need another KPD.

Last edited:
2026 draft is full of WA MID talent according to Davos. There is a top 3 talent that is a WA mid and a top 8 talent that is WA mid.

Looking at our moves it does make sense as to why we traded our 2025 pick for Curtin. Because in 2026 we have WA mids.

Priority is

Anyone close to mckercher in 2025 draft? I say finn O Sullivan? No more high ceiling mids we have Reid, ginbey, and Hewitt all three are high ceiling but the issue with high ceiling is they are high risk. Rule out Smillie.

2. KPD

6C1C8723-BC83-48B4-92D9-4AB7580DBAA4.gif

Any strong opinions in the 2024 draft, trade and free agency space? Some good WA trade targets such as Busslinger and McDonald as well as free agents English and Baker. Does anyone think the NGA rules will be tweaked allowing us access to Malakai Champion after missing out on Collard this year? Likely to see Culley and Maric elevated to the main list at some point next year which means a minimum of 5 delistings assuming we use all three picks (R1,R2,R4) in the draft. If we elevate one or more other rookies or trade in a player even more room will need to be made. Some huge decisions for whoever steps onto ROB’s role.
It's highly likely that McDonald isn't coming back to WA to play for us.

Don Pyke might be able to work his magic?

Not sure if it’s what we need though.

Midfielders at this stage

Would much prefer that The Violet Crumbles pony up there three first round picks next year, for McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

Back