List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Noted Parfitt is a RFA end of 2024. Will be 27.

Wonder if he was mates with Kelly and Jones?

If Sheeds foot continues to keep him off the park Parfitt for free as a RFA would help in our midfield depth chart for the next 3 years.

Not to mention Gaff won't be continuing on either after 2024.

No Gaff and potentially a hobbled Sheed really shows how bare the cupboard is even with all the kids being drafted.

I think we should do

2025 (future first round pick) + 2024 second rounders

For

Clayton oliver (27) year old.

Reckon they will accept that? Then can shoot for a flag in 2025/2026. We then have
Clayton oliver, Harley reid, Finn/Jagga
Ginbey + Hewitt

Clayton Oliver? No thanks.

I think we should do

For

Reckon they will accept that? Then can shoot for a flag in 2025/2026. We then have
Ginbey + Hewitt
He’s lost his license so cannot drive across the Nullarbor so not showing enough intent!

Oliver is about to start a massive 7 year contract on big coin. He has just left the Dees training camp in Lorne as he is not coping. High chance the Dees would take a second rounder for him to off load the contract.

The guy might still make it but there are massive 🚩

Last edited:
He’s lost his license so cannot drive across the Nullarbor so not showing enough intent!

Oliver is about to start a massive 7 year contract on big coin. He has just left the Dees training camp in Lorne as he is not coping. High chance the Dees would take a second rounder for him to off load the contract.

The guy might still make it but there are massive 🚩

Just watch the Pies pick him up for a 2nd rounder and Dees paying $250k per annum.

De Goey and Oliver in the same side.... I think it would blow everything to pieces within 6 months.

That would be great.;):cool:

Can see Pendlebury and Sidebottom retiring freeing up a heap of cap space.

And we all know the Pies look the other way as long as they are winning and the player performing. Then in retirement players write books bragging about how Eddie and AFL House helped sweep bad behaviour under the carpet.

Pies supporters pretty much don't care either what their hero's get up to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And we all know the Pies look the other way as long as they are winning and the player performing. Then in retirement players write books bragging about how Eddie and AFL House helped sweep bad behaviour under the carpet.

Don't forget about Nick Daicos' new off-season travel buddy. He's coming out of contract soon.

With the exception of the book deal, you could be describing the Eagles circa 2000s. And Cousins probably has a book deal coming. So glass houses and all.

I think we should do

For

Ginbey + Hewitt
I'd be nervous about just the 2nd rounder for someone who is 27 and highly likely to have a very limited career going forward.
And that's ignoring any personal/social/Cousins/cultural events or issues.

Ma
I think we should do

For

Ginbey + Hewitt
We seem to agree on a lot but I wouldn’t take his 7 year, $7m contract and his issues even if it cost us nothing in return. What do you see him bringing to the side that will win our next flag?

We’re rebuilding with a great culture and standards and bringing that poison into our list would be suicidal. It would ruin the great situation we find ourselves in with salary cap space to pay our kids that show something as well as chase FAs who will help us win our next flag like Taylor (2025) not to mention trade options like Busslinger. More importantly I’m just so impressed by the camaraderie, intensity and development with the kids we’ve got that Oliver is the last person I’d want to bring to the club as a senior player and leader. I’m also glad he didn’t get traded to the Crows because that would have probably given the Demons the draft capital required to trade for Harley, who is now an eagle for life.

Look we will not be seriously contending in the next five years if our number 2 mid is

Ginbey/Hewitt/Any new recuit.

Most serious teams have 2 mids in their prime that lifts them. Think Oliver and petracca. Shuey and Yeo etc.

We don't have that (only Tim Kelly) and I worry we might fall into midtable wasteland due to this.

So we need 1 more prime 26-30 mid in order for us to be a serious threat.

If the right player presents you consider it.

But maybe don't target one that is well down the path of emulating Ben Cousins/Daniel Kerr off field

Last edited:
Look we will not be seriously contending in the next five years if our number 2 mid is

Most serious teams have 2 mids in their prime that lifts them. Think Oliver and petracca. Shuey and Yeo etc.

We don't have that and I worry we might fall into midtable wasteland due to this.

I agree we won’t be contending for a flag in the next 5 years but you see us contending in that time if we brought Oliver in? Even if he stayed fit in every sense?

I agree we won’t be contending for a flag in the next 5 years but you see us contending in that time if we brought Oliver in? Even if he stayed fit in every sense?
It's a gamble but I rather gamble for a flag then just finish 6-12 in 2025/2026.

If we brought Oliver in 2025/2026 then I see another wce 2012 season. Close but not good enough. However it's what we need in terms of morale. A good dead cat bounce.

I'm making the assumption our back and fwd is top 8 material. I see no holes there atm somebody should call me out if I'm wrong in that judgement

Clayton Oliver?

Jesus ******* Christ lay off the crack pipe.

That applies to the ugly ranga too.

With the exception of the book deal, you could be describing the Eagles circa 2000s. And Cousins probably has a book deal coming. So glass houses and all.

Except the Eagles sacked multuple players including a club captain and cleaned house.

Has any other club done that to the same degree? No. They have been more focused on winning.

And Collingwood everyone knows have had several players with issues and
multiple incidents. Have they ever moved on a quality player because of it? No they haven't.

We don't have that (only Tim Kelly) and I worry we might fall into midtable wasteland due to this.

We don't have any quality mids other than Kelly?

Any reason why Harley, Ginbey and Hewett couldn't end up a Oliver and Petracca in 2 or 3 seasons?

We add a likely top 3 pick mid like a Jagga Smith or Draper or Finn next draft.

Thats 4 top shelf mids plus Kelly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back