Converting Xvid to DivX

Remove this Banner Ad

Virtualdub is probably the best program to do it, but you could also try something called Super (Super might be a bit easier for you to use if you're inexperienced in this area). Just bear in mind you'll cop some quality loss in the video when you "convert" because you'll actually be re-encoding/re-compressing the video.

I agree with Saint KFC's suggestion (the first 2 steps).

I'd also recommend converting to the same as the original file, ie. if originally NTSC, convert to NTSC. May help with some audio sync problems?? (and keep a bit more video quality)

GSpot may be useful for checking the specs of the original file.

Also check out videohelp.com for tutorials on using TMPGEnc. TMPGEnc Express you may find easier to use, but from memory I don't think it free like TMPGEnc, so you may have to look elsewhere for it ;)

It may be a bit of work/learning doing it this way (the first time), but it's worth it. Maybe try on a 1-2min segment of the video at first til you get it right (if you haven't used TMPGEnc before).

What method are you using to view on the PS3? If from pc with TVersity, I believe that will convert the video for you to something that will work with your PS3. I haven't used that option myself, so don't know if it's a good/easy way to go or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always been updated. Installed the latest one last night, i'll see if anything has changed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back