Coopers Best Extra Stout

Remove this Banner Ad

John said:
Bloody awsome. Flavour to burn. Very malty with burnt/roast coffee flavours. Huge alcohol. Seamless and balanced. IMO the best Aussie Stout on the Market. Tried a few others but only Cascades get near. Any others that anyone can suggest that they think could win me over. Cheers.

Love the stuff myself - especially in Winter. Quick tip though - drink more than 8 pints of it and your crap has the consistency and texture of vegemite.

John said:
Bloody awsome. Flavour to burn. Very malty with burnt/roast coffee flavours. Huge alcohol. Seamless and balanced. IMO the best Aussie Stout on the Market. Tried a few others but only Cascades get near. Any others that anyone can suggest that they think could win me over. Cheers.
Dogbolter from Matilda Bay is pretty good...although its more of a dark larger than stout

Papa G said:
Love the stuff myself - especially in Winter. Quick tip though - drink more than 8 pints of it and your crap has the consistency and texture of vegemite.

LOL. I will have to have a look. Big decision Sat night. Going to Lions v Carlton. Going to come home and watch a World cup game. What to drink? Coopers or a bottle of good wine, Coopers or a bottle of good wine, Coopers or a bottle of good wine, Coopers or a bottle of good wine, Coopers or a bottle of good wine, thinking thinking thinking:)

John said:
Along the lines of Toohey old?

I like Old as it is a dark beer made for hot weather and that is rare. Dogbolter I have seen around (rarely) so I will have to look for it.
Exactly...
What you said about the Coffee flavours was spot on...
They stopped making it for a while after CUB took over Matilda bay but it's back and is a bit more available over here now...

Abbotsford Invalid Stout is a reasonable enough staple, but it's not a patch on some of the pricier stouts. Coopers and Cascade are excellent, but without doubt the best I've had is Tennents Stout from Scotland. If anyone knows where to get that stuff these days, please point me in the right direction. Safeway used to stock in about 10 years ago, but it'd be about that long since I've seen it.

BTW, stout farts are the best. I used to sit in the back yard of my old house with a fire going on winter nights, sucking in the Abbotsford longnecks, then going inside to cook up a vindaloo while necking a couple more stouts. Great to keep you warm on winter nights, and great to keep the inner child amused the next day.

Constipated Duck said:
Abbotsford Invalid Stout is a reasonable enough staple, but it's not a patch on some of the pricier stouts. Coopers and Cascade are excellent, but without doubt the best I've had is Tennents Stout from Scotland. If anyone knows where to get that stuff these days, please point me in the right direction. Safeway used to stock in about 10 years ago, but it'd be about that long since I've seen it.

BTW, stout farts are the best. I used to sit in the back yard of my old house with a fire going on winter nights, sucking in the Abbotsford longnecks, then going inside to cook up a vindaloo while necking a couple more stouts. Great to keep you warm on winter nights, and great to keep the inner child amused the next day.

I was in Scotland last November and missed Tenants Stout. DOH!. The inner child. Don't you love it Constipated Duck. :)

youngschocolate.jpg

Young's Double Chocolate Stout has an intriguing twist. Chocolate malt and real dark chocolate are combined with Young's award winning rich, full flavoured dark beer to craft a satisfyingly indulgent, but never overly sweet experience.

Pale ale and crystal malt, chocolate malt, special blend of sugars, Fuggle and Goldings hops, real dark chocolate and chocolate essence.

Serious good stuff, I likes it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bresker said:
youngschocolate.jpg

Young's Double Chocolate Stout has an intriguing twist. Chocolate malt and real dark chocolate are combined with Young's award winning rich, full flavoured dark beer to craft a satisfyingly indulgent, but never overly sweet experience.

Pale ale and crystal malt, chocolate malt, special blend of sugars, Fuggle and Goldings hops, real dark chocolate and chocolate essence.

Serious good stuff, I likes it.

a personal fav of mine. get out to purvis cellars in surrey hills. best selection of top notch beers in melbourne, including this one.

was downing pints of best extra at the GB in richmond on friday night. just superb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back