Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 8: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

CHOs need to be explaining their advice to the public.
i agree

read a article all the grad nurses start end of Jan.. So leaving it at least a month allows them sometime before it explodes to settle in.
Why you not just start grad nurses earlier although that means a plan..

I do wonder why WA holding out.
You could think he wants to save a crap health care.
Although normally most poli's do things their donating mates want..
Anyone living in WA.. Are the mines etc wanting to be closed or open?
Who else pulls the strings.
NSW libs and Fed libs do whatever big business says.
Dan in Vic could not be more left if he tried. Basically the woke party. Where we hire security companies not because they are the best or have actual staff.
No we hire because of a diversity quota.

Last edited:
There is not a question of letting in Covid or not letting in Covid. There is only the question of letting in Covid now or later. And conditions will never be more favorable for WA than allowing it in right now.
People like to ask what WA people can do right now that the other states can’t. As of next week, the answer will be, not require our primary school children to wear masks and make them take RATs twice a week. A lot of parents will probably breathing a sigh of relief. I don’t disagree that we are probably in the best time to deal with it but seeing how schools open over east will be critical information.

People like to ask what WA people can do right now that the other states can’t. As of next week, the answer will be, not require our primary school children to wear masks and make them take RATs twice a week. A lot of parents will probably breathing a sigh of relief. I don’t disagree that we are probably in the best time to deal with it but seeing how schools open over east will be critical information.
I think WA smart keeping closed as long as they can.
the above is correct even my kids hate wearing masks in school, when I said we have to do RAT tests twice a week they went NOOOOO

Honestly who will even do the RAT tests. Some parents probably just on sell them

No one has to do that.

interesting article.. I know a household 3 people.. 2 got it the other did not they kept thinking at end of iso they have to for the third person. Nope
Family they really could not isolate too much..

No one has to do that.
It will be a requirement for Year 3 and above students in Victoria next week, part of their ‘return-to-school’ plan. RATs also a requirement in NSW, not sure about masks.

Students won’t have to isolate even if they’ve spent eight hours in a class with a positive case. NSW is using final year uni students to fill what they know will become a shortage of teachers, will consider merging classes.

Not a fan of the delay myself but seeing what happens in the next two weeks will be informative.

It will be a requirement for Year 3 and above students in Victoria next week, part of their ‘return-to-school’ plan. RATs also a requirement in NSW, not sure about masks.

Students won’t have to isolate even if they’ve spent eight hours in a class with a positive case. NSW is using final year uni students to fill what they know will become a shortage of teachers, will consider merging classes.

Not a fan of the delay myself but seeing what happens in the next two weeks will be informative.
yep Vic said they merge classes to keep people at school, even multiple classes in a gym different year levels.. I think his example was.
Not sure how much they learn with a grad or someone who last worked in 1984 :)
Although at least the parents can go down the coal mine he he

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if WA now has Omicron and can't get back to zero shouldn't they go back to opening on the 5th of feb?

What a mess
We won’t get back to zero but we won’t get thousands until we open up. Might as well see what the first weeks of school look like over east and open up late Feb. summer still the best time to do it and go on a booster blitz in that time.

We won’t get back to zero but we won’t get thousands until we open up. Might as well see what the first weeks of school look like over east and open up late Feb. summer still the best time to do it and go on a booster blitz in that time.
Do you currently have restrictions in place locally?
Because if Omicron is loose you don't need to open borders to get thousands of cases

Because if Omicron is loose you don't need to open borders to get thousands of cases
Was just about to say that, we had thousands a day during our last lockdown. If there are enough cases with minimal restrictions a thousand a day is a given. Especially as school is going back soon as well.

Only masks.

It would not surprise if there is a ramp up eg capacity limits, shutting down large events.

Otherwise given the vaccination rate and booster rollout undoubtedly ramping up, I don't think there will be a full lockdown (famous last words). School holidays end this Monday, imagine being a parent or teacher right now.

Hmm, if it’s in it’s in.

Given that two shots is basically zero shots when it comes to omicron this could be McGowan’s worst nightmare when it comes to hospitals.

Hmm, if it’s in it’s in.

Given that two shots is basically zero shots when it comes to omicron this could be McGowan’s worst nightmare when it comes to hospitals.
They are still in a good position. Two shots offers great protection against severe illness and the people who need the booster the most should have already had it.

Only masks.

It would not surprise if there is a ramp up eg capacity limits, shutting down large events.

Otherwise given the vaccination rate and booster rollout undoubtedly ramping up, I don't think there will be a full lockdown (famous last words). School holidays end this Monday, imagine being a parent or teacher right now.
Welcome to the worries the rest of us have, bar the odd dickhead who thinks kids are immune of course

Hmm, if it’s in it’s in.

Two shots is not basically zero shots with Omicron, it still protects well against severe disease.

Two doses will certainly help with hospitalisations and death but won't do much to slow the spread.

WA is just on 89% double dose 16+

And third dose coverage is around 27%

Their numbers aren't really lagging anymore compared to the rest of the country

Remove this Banner Ad

Back