Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thought

Has anyone seen any evidence to anything Dan has said? Very easy for him and the police he is in cohorts with to rock up on stage and blame the people.... Makes him look good and thats all he cares about
If you’re asking if I personally have seen **** wits yes I have seen plenty.

The AFL were wrong to think that McGowan was being unreasonable when it’s become perfectly obvious that his response was reasonable. Even now there’s some in the AFL industry arguing against Perth hosting the grand final on the basis that ‘WA has done nothing for the AFL’. This is despite us hosting four Victorian teams at present, two NSW teams to come, potential for more and being the only state contributing significant coin into their coffers. The AFL should have accepted the conditions proposed by WA and SA, set up hubs, and things would have been much smoother than the last couple of weeks. Instead, they told the states to sod off, they’d host it in Victoria, what could possibly go wrong?
Hindsight outback. TV audience is where the money is, by the way

There's been obvious failures, but some posters carrying on as though Daniel Andrews was personally banging the hotel guests or directly hiring the guards are morons.

I guess it's more fun to foam at the mouth than have some perspective though.
Someone very high up the food chain at the State Government made a conscious decision to refuse the Feds offer of ADF troops to manage the Hotel Quarantine program and go with dodgy brothers security firm incorporated.

The State Government did this despite conducting their own separate investigation into the shoddy state off the private security industry which found that security guards were poorly trained, poorly paid and lacked basic English skills (in other words the very last people you would put in charge of running quarantine for a highly infectious virus)

To date there has not been one outbreak linked to any of the other states Hotel quarantine programs which were managed by ADF and police.

Anyone trying to dismiss this as anything other than quite possibly the biggest f up in Victoria's political history (possibly the whole Federations) is the one lacking perspective.

Someone very high up the food chain at the State Government made a conscious decision to refuse the Feds offer of ADF troops to manage the Hotel Quarantine program and go with dodgy brothers security firm incorporated.

The State Government did this despite conducting their own separate investigation into the shoddy state off the private security industry which found that security guards were poorly trained, poorly paid and lacked basic English skills (in other words the very last people you would put in charge of running quarantine for a highly infectious virus)

To date there has not been one outbreak linked to any of the other states Hotel quarantine programs which were managed by ADF and police.

Anyone trying to dismiss this as anything other than quite possibly the biggest f up in Victoria's political history (possibly the whole Federations) is the one lacking perspective.
The cruise ship f-up waves and says hi

Dan personally hiring every one of those guards definitely was a let down. I'd think he would be better at hiring staff but obviously not.

Dan actually hiring guards was the let down. Instead of having your police patrol thin air, why not get them to patrol the actual danger.

"Caltex is getting robbed, okay send the security guards in, Sargeant, you and your forces go to the Caltex down the road. Make sure no one robs it"

I don't disagree with you, but you've been able to produce a response with some level of perspective as opposed to a number of others here to launch in to foaming at the mouth irrational outrage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, bloody Dan Andrews banging those quarantine hotel guests then going and spreading it around at Aged Care facilities.

Did you just say that Dan Andrews was banging the old guests of aged care facilities, i need to put this on facebook.

Yes that was a f-up for sure but NSW has (mostly) recovered from that with minimal to moderate damage.

The hotel quarantine fiasco will have ramifications that last for months (if not years).
The cruise ship was the source for most of australias covid cases in the first wave

pretty strong chance wa would never had to shut down without that.

I don't disagree with you, but you've been able to produce a response with some level of perspective as opposed to a number of others here to launch in to foaming at the mouth irrational outrage.

If you are not outraged by a govt failure forcing you into 6 weeks of isolation, when will you be?

You cant accept mediocrity with such a meek effort back. Im in W.A and it appears im more passionate about your terrible situation then people living in it. The reason is because Dan turned the people against each other so he could get off scot free

Dont fall for it

You've completely misread my post; it's fu** the AFL, not fu** Victoria. They were arrogant and their season hangs in the balance as a result. They should have been willing to accommodate states like WA and SA to spread the risk because what happened in Victoria absolutely could happen anywhere.
I'd say they have done a pretty good job, they have made sure no club has had to spend an entire season away from home.

Easy to pick holes after the fact but it looks fine to me.

If you are not outraged by a govt failure forcing you into 6 weeks of isolation, when will you be?

You cant accept mediocrity with such a meek effort back. Im in W.A and it appears im more passionate about your terrible situation then people living in it. The reason is because Dan turned the people against each other so he could get off scot free

Dont fall for it

He's not off scott free, but controlling the bloody thing is more important than laying blame right now.

I don't think his performance has been up to par, but its realing the Dickheads intent on spreading it that i detest.

Most of the "new" restrictions were things i was mostly complying with anyway.
( Shall i come into the shop with you dad, no I'll only be a minute wait in the car ).

Dont fall for it

No.

You're so busy foaming at the mouth that you're incapable of applying any perspective.

If it were up to you Victoria would be in the middle of a pandemic with no premier in place, further delaying and stalling any action that could be taken, in order to satiate your desire for OUTRAGE.

So perhaps, you're not the person anyone should be listening to?

There's been obvious failures, but some posters carrying on as though Daniel Andrews was personally banging the hotel guests or directly hiring the guards are morons.

I guess it's more fun to foam at the mouth than have some perspective though.
dodgy Dan has run a dodgy government with arrogance. His Vic arrogance led to the security / adf decision and resulting fiasco. Red shirts, branch stacking, belt and road, billions wasted on cancelled road plans, govt docs dumped in a chicken shop!!! Ffs. This was a joke of a government well before covid.

As much as it hurts ,the AFL needs to tell the Vic government now that the grand final goes to Perth.

The worst part of this is it doesn’t just suddenly end in 6 weeks, we will likely revert back to stage 3 in mid September.

The fact they told us that stage 3 restrictions would have had us bouncing around 300-700 cases a day until the end of the year is mind boggling, an absolute waste of 3 and a half weeks.
Sky NEWS reporting that the lockdown could end after 6 weeks regardless.

The state will just have to suck it up and live with the virus.

US cities such as Seattle (800 cases per day) and Chicago (1,700 cases per day) have partially opened up.

The cruise ship was the source for most of australias covid cases in the first wave

pretty strong chance wa would never had to shut down without that.
Correct me if I am wrong but to my knowledge the current wave in Victoria is not related to the Ruby Princess?

It was due to cross contamination from returned international plane travellers from India, Europe, China, etc to the security guards who then spread it to the housing commission flats in inner Melbourne and then to the rest of Victoria (seems most logical chain of events)

Even if the Ruby Princess fiasco hadn't have happened we would still be in the same scenario in Victoria.

Post of the year! 👍

Dan personally hiring every one of those guards definitely was a let down. I'd think he would be better at hiring staff but obviously not.
So its not Dan's fault coz he didn't personally hire the guards?

But who hired the people that hired the guards?

He's not off scott free, but controlling the bloody thing is more important than laying blame right now.

I don't think his performance has been up to par, but its realing the Dickheads intent on spreading it that i detest.

Most of the "new" restrictions were things i was mostly complying with anyway.
( Shall i come into the shop with you dad, no I'll only be a minute wait in the car ).

Not off scot free? Last I heard he is raking in his wage

Ridiculous thought. You cant let a failure be in charge because its a bad time to move him on. This is like me bankrupting a company and saying "Better leave him in charge, we dont have time to replace him, we need to stave off bankruptcy". You need to move on from the failing party even if their is work that needs doing.

Best way to dig your way out of a hole is to get some rope and pull yourself up, Not let the digger, keep digging so he can come out the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back