Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just glad we setup our 94 year old Nonna on FaceTime three weeks ago..........even if I don’t get to physically see her for another month she is a rock and will make it to 100 easily if she is not exposed to this freak event.

Had an interesting chat with my mum today after speaking to the Doc..........my Pappou (her dad) would often tell her that she has never grown up during a war and true poverty.......this event probably the closest thing we will get to.

Do the right thing by the oldies people...........footy has become irrelevant atm.

Just glad we setup our 94 year old Nonna on FaceTime three weeks ago..........even if I don’t get to physically see her for another month she is a rock and will make it to 100 easily if she is not exposed to this freak event.

Had an interesting chat with my mum today after speaking to the Doc..........my Pappou (her dad) would often tell her that she has never grown up during a war and true poverty.......this event probably the closest thing we will get to.

Do the right thing by the oldies people...........footy has become irrelevant atm.

It’s times like these I really feel like going out on the town with my mother-in-law.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've already watched a replay of the game. :'(

I'm going to hold off, make it last a bit longer.

I'll be going retro this year, I suppose. I like boxing, which has also been shutting itself away, so I've been taking the chance to watch/re-watch older fights. When the future is uncertain, when the present is closed for business, I suppose we'll all turn to the past in one way or another.

PS: If there are any fight fans in the thread, I cannot recommend highly enough the first fight between Meldrick Taylor and Julio Cesar Chavez. Over 30 years ago now, easily one of the most dramatic and entertaining fights in recent times.

My ol man used to say to me.. ta vrikes etima re malaka.. mai ena avgo piga sto sholio.

I'll be going retro this year, I suppose. I like boxing, which has also been shutting itself away, so I've been taking the chance to watch/re-watch older fights. When the future is uncertain, when the present is closed for business, I suppose we'll all turn to the past in one way or another.

PS: If there are any fight fans in the thread, I cannot recommend highly enough the first fight between Meldrick Taylor and Julio Cesar Chavez. Over 30 years ago now, easily one of the most dramatic and entertaining fights in recent times.

Hagler v Duran/Hearns.

Gatti v. Ward
Harding v. Andries 1

Hagler v Duran/Hearns.

Roberto is my all-time favourite. His first with Leonard, his mauling of Davey Moore, then winning the middleweight title as an aged warrior.

Hagler v Hearns...frenetic stuff.

Leonard v Hearns I...incredible momentum shifts.

They'll all help me in my hermitage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mowing my lawn 3 times a day.. hitting the home gym hard.. perfecting my cooking skills.. free djing for neighbors.. online yoga I've never tried that s**t but might do an hr session of it every morning.. self reflection and development and malakies like that f zen re.. etc etc..

You've got to have a plan in place.. don't become a couch patato re.. come out of this the other end stronger than ever.

Last edited:
Roberto is my all-time favourite. His first with Leonard, his mauling of Davey Moore, then winning the middleweight title as an aged warrior.

Hagler v Hearns...frenetic stuff.

Leonard v Hearns I...incredible momentum shifts.

They'll all help me in my hermitage.
Just watch every fight Tommy (Hitman) Hearns ever had....amazing boxer

Just watch every fight Tommy (Hitman) Hearns ever had....amazing boxer

I love Tommy. I resent the fact that he dispatched Duran in two rounds, but his right hand was a bazooka and his boxing skills were underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back