Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about I just give you a bag of oats!
sister lives in Gippsland - she is providing 2 x bags horse manure - do you know anything about this? - could you be related to these bags?
PS - to clarify.... bags of horse poop are for our garden - not the lunch! :)
just thinking.. no need to go to Gippsland for horse poop - I can just login here -- usually a fair bit of horse sh#t flying around for free
not sure what sister is cooking for mains...
picked up 2 bottles of this at Aldi yesterday - will take a bottle, quite a quaffable little number

1591423854642.png

Aaaand thousands turn up. I get the sentiment but lives at risk of covid matter too.

"..

Victoria has recorded no new coronavirus cases for the first time since the pandemic began, but authorities are warning the risk is not over ahead of a protest in Melbourne.

One person with COVID-19 at Saturday's Black Lives Matter rally could be all it takes to squander the gains made, Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton has warned.
.."

Aaaand thousands turn up. I get the sentiment but lives at risk of covid matter too.

"..

Victoria has recorded no new coronavirus cases for the first time since the pandemic began, but authorities are warning the risk is not over ahead of a protest in Melbourne.

One person with COVID-19 at Saturday's Black Lives Matter rally could be all it takes to squander the gains made, Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton has warned.
.."

and Then you have the Idiots going Protesting Potenitally putting us back where we stared and be back to total lockdown

I like Dan. A lot.

I'm more worried about ScoMo. A lot. He's a happy clapper and has a prayer group in Parliament. He even got the group together to pray to help him unseat Turnbull. Funnily enough it worked.o_O Having a God botherer as PM is terrifying.
ScoMo also thought it was a good idea to impose the curfew and border shutting on the Monday as his church was having a convention on the week-end (overseas participants).

ScoMo also thought it was a good idea to impose the curfew and border shutting on the Monday as his church was having a convention on the week-end (overseas participants).

He can't do anything as it's up to the States

"..

.."

I saw some news images which were encouraging, when it comes to masks, hand sanitizers and keeping a decent distance.

I know some people who went, and they were determined to be as responsible as they can in the circumstances, not least by keeping themselves in quarantine for a couple of weeks.

On balance, I would rather today's protests have waited for a month, but I have a hope that the turnout today will have no more of an impact that the rush of people into (enclosed) shopping malls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hillsong Colour Conference went ahead in March 2020.

Trying to think of something I’d hate more than attending a Hillsong Conference.

There’s another losing grand final.

And then there’s...

No, can’t think of anything else.

This movie is better than any Bucks grandstanding............

View attachment 887691

I think we both know that Buckley isn't the grandstanding type.

A positive movie, with a message which reinforces what Bucks had to say: stand up for what's right, call out what is wrong. The more who live the creed rather than merely speak it, the better.

A positive movie, with a message which reinforces what Bucks had to say: stand up for what's right, call out what is wrong. The more who live the creed rather than merely speak it, the better.

JB I have met Bucks a few times....my opinion of him is irrelevant.......I will always call it as I see it.

Watched this Movie again last night in Dromana with my Bro and my recently turned 16 year old niece.

I think I cried more the second time around.

My point is a “white mans” sermons mean nothing imo......Bucks calling out Trump............😮

Good to see you back mate!

I saw some news images which were encouraging, when it comes to masks, hand sanitizers and keeping a decent distance.

I know some people who went, and they were determined to be as responsible as they can in the circumstances, not least by keeping themselves in quarantine for a couple of weeks.

On balance, I would rather today's protests have waited for a month, but I have a hope that the turnout today will have no more of an impact that the rush of people into (enclosed) shopping malls.

I shopped at Doncaster Shoppingtown today and whilst it was good to see people out, it was a bit of a worry to see so many people out. :)

Not sure too many complied with social distancing but at the very least, they were peaceful.

1591435199377.png

JB I have met Bucks a few times....my opinion of him is irrelevant.......I will always call it as I see it.

Watched this Movie again last night in Dromana with my Bro and my recently turned 16 year old niece.

I think I cried more the second time around.

My point is a “white mans” sermons mean nothing imo......Bucks calling out Trump............😮

It was a white man who put his knee to George Floyd's neck and kept it there until he lost consciousness. White police are, overwhelmingly, the ones responsible for the racist policing which drives productions such as The Hate U Give. It's a white (with orange hue) man who is President of the US, looking to further divide the nation and to multiply the tragedies. For better or worse, the attitudes of white people are rather relevant.

Black people have been telling us about institutionalised racism for generations. They told us in the late 1960s riots across the urban North of America, they told us through the emergence of rap from the 1980s, they've told us in the report into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody, and they're telling us all about it in these recent weeks. The problem is, the story has been told so many f****** times and it always has a shitty ending.

White people's views do not 'mean nothing', and Buckley's evident disgust does not mean nothing. If the story is going to change, if there's any possible chance of creating a happy ending, then anyone and everyone of good intent will need to have their words heard. Maybe that sounds a bit idealistic, and I know that the term 'virtue signalling' is never far away, but I also know that change can indeed happen when enough people give a f***. The 1950s/1960s movement for civil and political rights in the American South, which roused middle-class whites in the American North, is a powerful statement of this.

Apologies for the sermon.

It was a white man who put his knee to George Floyd's neck and kept it there until he lost consciousness. White police are, overwhelmingly, the ones responsible for the racist policing which drives productions such as The Hate U Give. It's a white (with orange hue) man who is President of the US, looking to further divide the nation and to multiply the tragedies. For better or worse, the attitudes of white people are rather relevant.

Black people have been telling us about institutionalised racism for generations. They told us in the late 1960s riots across the urban North of America, they told us through the emergence of rap from the 1980s, they've told us in the report into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody, and they're telling us all about it in these recent weeks. The problem is, the story has been told so many f****** times and it always has a shitty ending.

White people's views do not 'mean nothing', and Buckley's evident disgust does not mean nothing. If the story is going to change, if there's any possible chance of creating a happy ending, then anyone and everyone of good intent will need to have their words heard. Maybe that sounds a bit idealistic, and I know that the term 'virtue signalling' is never far away, but I also know that change can indeed happen when enough people give a f***. The 1950s/1960s movement for civil and political rights in the American South, which roused middle-class whites in the American North, is a powerful statement of this.

Apologies for the sermon.

Sorry you took my post personally........it is obvious you don’t get me JB as you missed my point.........that’s ok.

By the way I love Bucks.

Hillsong Colour Conference went ahead in March 2020.
Hillsong have a sad history of promoting viruses.

images

Sorry you took my post personally........it is obvious you don’t get me JB as you missed my point.........that’s ok.

By the way I love Bucks.

1. I'm not sure I took it personally. I'll think on that, but in any case there's no need for you to apologise.

2. I thought that your point was clear. You said that a white man's 'sermons' mean nothing. If I've read it wrong, can you explain it differently?

1. I'm not sure I took it personally. I'll think on that, but in any case there's no need for you to apologise.

2. I thought that your point was clear. You said that a white man's 'sermons' mean nothing. If I've read it wrong, can you explain it differently?

Sorry JB but I will respectfully pass on your request in part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back