Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shameless politicking and buck-passing by NSW:

'Health Minister Brad Hazzard says NSW has "been cast aside" by Australia as the state's COVID-19 crisis deepened today with a record 163 new infections announced.

Premier Gladys Berejiklian yesterday called on the Commonwealth and her counterparts in other states to send their Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines to Sydney, which has been in lockdown for a month amid an outbreak of the Delta variant.

Her pleas were rebuffed at a national cabinet meeting yesterday afternoon and while Ms Berejiklian did not front today's press conference in Sydney, Mr Hazzard took up the fight.

"Last time I looked, we were a Commonwealth, we worked together, so it disturbs me that it would seem that all we've ever done to work together has just seemingly been cast aside," he said.

"It is with disappointment that I heard some of the responses from leaders from other states."

He said states worked together to overcome natural disasters.

"I can't quite see the difference between beating back fires and addressing the problems of floods, and beating back this COVID virus," he said.

"If it gets worse here in New South Wales, it could actually create massive problems for the whole country. New South Wales is the gateway to the rest of Australia."'

NSW being awash with Covid is bad for the rest of us? Tell us something we don't know, Brad.

Apparently, the only way for us to all band together like real Australians is to do what NSW wants and give them the vaccine allocations of other States. Righto, and f*** off.

Well right now we need NSW to do us all a favour, by ending the mockdown and implementing restrictions that will have a meaningful effect.

The 'gold standard' was fool's gold; get your f****** house in order so that we can all find a sustainable way of combatting this thing.

Last edited:

I guess we should send the entire Victorian Vaccine stock to our Commonwealth partners in NSW.
Then Victoria remain in lockdown until Christmas.
This allows NSW to ‘open’ up ASAP, so they can enjoy the lifestyle they so richly deserve.
The Gold standard lives on.

What frustrates me is that NSW has not learned from Victoria - what went wrong, what worked and what didn’t. There’s a wealth of information and detail to draw on, it’s all out there. An absolute no brainer and is indicative of good management. It appears to be sheer madness driven by political ideology and hubris, pride, ego, call it what you will. Fine, go with what you think will work but based on the evidence, change and react accordingly when it is patently obvious more action or a change of course is needed. It is much more preferable to be criticised for changing course than to be criticised for sitting on your hands whilst your house is burning down around your ears.

They thought their gold plated contact tracing system would save them. Seems it to can become overwhelmed.

I guess we should send the entire Victorian Vaccine stock to our Commonwealth partners in NSW.
Then Victoria remain in lockdown until Christmas.
This allows NSW to ‘open’ up ASAP, so they can enjoy the lifestyle they so richly deserve.
The Gold standard lives on.

Bloody hope we do not send any Vaccines NSW just because of there Incompetence

Freedom March, for the freedom to infect whoever they like, wherever they like, whenever they like.

Oh bless their simple hearts and minds.

Auschwitz and Sydney. The NSW freedom fighters face the same levels of persecution. The injustice of it chokes me.

Send them all the Pfizer. Please!!!!

Auschwitz and Sydney. The NSW freedom fighters face the same levels of persecution. The injustice of it chokes me.

Send them all the Pfizer. Please!!!!

Why should other State Fall Behind by doing the Right Thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smoothbrain logic is when someone argues that they don't have freedoms, but are willing, by their own actions, to potentially restrict the movement of entire populations by potentially spreading an airborne plague, and gathering in unauthorised masses to exercise such freedoms. Wait, you selfish oxygen thieves. You'll have your time in the sun.

Last edited:
I'm supposed to be careful and mindful of the feelings of the covidiots I'm told, and not call out their bullshit because that's bullying.

But I'm also supposed to respect the absolute primacy of their right to free speech, because that's sacred.

So I find the T-shirt of the horse puncher piquant. "Free Speech - more important than your feelings" I mean...which is it folks? Free speech or feelings? Am I supposed to prioritise feelings on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and free speech the rest?

But of course, I'm stupid. I'm supposed to prioritise their feelings and their free speech at the same time. Because it's theirs.

But anyone else's rights, in particular their safety and their family's from covid infections, can get ****ed.

Now I get the covidiot rights discourse. It's a sophisticated dialectic.

My rights = important. All of them. Always. And they are whatever I tell you.

Your rights = * off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back