Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have been told time and time again that the risks are minute in comparison to other drugs, hobbies etc.

Too many moronic people worrying about infinitesimal issues.

The bigger risk is COVID, full stop, not just to our health (physical and mental), but to the economy, and to our children's ability to learn.

These same people have probably sped in their cars, walked across roads with traffic, swum in the ocean, taken other medication (with higher risk of complication), had surgery that has an small risk of them dying, and it goes on. I know you know all this.

Where we differ, I do blame people for worrying about the side effects. The media has a lot to answer for in all this too - unfortunately most people just read the headline, or hear the bad news.

Meanwhile, millions upon millions of people worldwide have had it, and have been just fine.

View attachment 1194883
Homicide is pretty high on that graph.
Might start looking over my shoulder….

There is plenty of supply of AZ. People are vaccine shopping.
Absolute bull.
Why do I constantly have to educate you all about what is happening in the real world?
Maybe you are to cloistered in your big cities to see.

Government don’t care because the media have moved on and changed focus. ScoMo continues to roll out the vaccine according to media focus. And now he has even taken 50,000 doses from a secret stockpile to try and rescue his Liberal mate from the gigantic hole she dug because her ego, fuelled by the adulation of people on the internet, prevented her from learning the Victorian (Labor) lessons.

Absolute bull.
Why do I constantly have to educate you all about what is happening in the real world?

Government don’t care because the media have moved on and changed focus. ScoMo continues to roll out the vaccine according to media focus. And now he has even taken 50,000 doses from a secret stockpile to try and rescue his Liberal mate from the gigantic hole she dug because her ego, fuelled by the adulation of people on the internet, prevented her from learning the Victorian (Labor) lessons.

It's not bull. You country folk seem to struggle to differentiate between what's on the shelves and what's been used. That article talks about the number that have been vaccinated and makes a brief mention of vaccine shortage - it certainly doesn't specify if the shortage is related to AZ. I couldn't be bothered looking for it, but there was an article a week or two ago which described how the allocation of vaccine works. The states are allocated an amount of Pfizer and AZ based on population. The states then make an order upto the amount of their allocations. Every state has ordered their full allocation of Pfizer. Most states had ordered well below the amount of AZ vaccine that has been allocated to them. If that article is true, there's heaps of AZ lying around.

On a connected note with your recent Witch of the North railings, the whole rollout attempts to be based on risk, yet there are people in regional Australia who will be receiving booster shots before their community has had a single case of covid. How many Sydneysiders need to be on ventilators before you realise that them being prioritised in terms of vaccine isn't inappropriate.

Absolute bull.

Which primary production are you involved in Farmer Joe?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can almost understand "vaccine shopping" if people are doing it because of concerns for side effects. But even then, for those people I would tell them it is incumbent upon them to go speak to their doctor, not the internet.

What I cannot forgive is something I have seen from someone I know. A "smart" educated person who has stated she and her husband are waiting for Moderna "because it's the best". Her basis for this opinion is that a mate (not medically trained) who lives in the US told her this was the case.

This sort of selfishness, "only the best for me", is pathetic. Hubby is a fat bstard in his late 50s who would not want to get Covid.

Unfortunately Mrs. Side has banned me from pointing out this last fact. Can't guarantee I will abide by this direction.

Would Mrs Side be OK with you calling him a fat bastard without mentioning that he's screwed if he gets pangolin flu?

Probably a long shot but do you think it's worth asking? 🤷‍♂️

Absolute bull.

No.

My wife is involved in vaccinating people. People are actively choosing to not get the AZ.

I don't blame people who can't access it for rollout reasons.

Last edited:
How so?
How does she know that people are refusing the AZ?
Cancellations mostly. People actively telling them they won't get AZ due to the media reports.

Others have refused to book an appointment to get the vaccination when offered one.

They receive feedback daily from people saying they will wait for Pfizer.

I'm mostly referring to people over age 60.

This is from the front line. My wife organises the covid vaccination clinics for her work.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As usual, City folk have to clear the hay from the eyes of one particular country folk, so he knows what's happening in the world.

The Witch of the North (yes, I like that very, very apt description, thanks) has ordered just 17% of the allocation.
Victoria over 70%.
Now I wonder why the difference?
Oh I know, the Witch decided that her populace would only have the “better” (despite the vaccines running neck and neck in protection value) vaccine.
She thought her state was immune to the pandemic. She thought her contact tracing was gold standard. She thought she could just wish it away when it came.
She was wrong. And the country is paying for her ego.
And her citizens are paying because her language was always not to worry, we have this so no imperative to vaccinate.
Take off your sexual desire blinkers and look at the facts.

Cancellations mostly. People actively telling them they won't get AZ due to the media reports.

Others have refused to book an appointment to get the vaccination when offered one.

They receive feedback daily from people saying they will wait for Pfizer.

I'm mostly referring to people over age 60.

This is from the front line. My wife organises the covid vaccination clinics for her work.
Must be gullible city folk.
We line up for any vaccine in the country. Hard to get a booking. No walk ups at mass vaxx clinics as they can’t handle the volume.

Must be gullible city folk.
We line up for any vaccine in the country. Hard to get a booking. No walk ups at mass vaxx clinics as they can’t handle the volume.

They don't look vaccinated to me.

1627993435616.png

The Witch of the North (yes, I like that very, very apt description, thanks) has ordered just 17% of the allocation.
Victoria over 70%.
Now I wonder why the difference?
Oh I know, the Witch decided that her populace would only have the “better” (despite the vaccines running neck and neck in protection value) vaccine.
She thought her state was immune to the pandemic. She thought her contact tracing was gold standard. She thought she could just wish it away when it came.
She was wrong. And the country is paying for her ego.
And her citizens are paying because her language was always not to worry, we have this so no imperative to vaccinate.
Take off your sexual desire blinkers and look at the facts.

I don't disagree with a lot of that. She stuffed up massively and I daresay her overconfidence made many Sydneysiders also over-confident, whilst Melboourne had gone through a massive lockdown, thus it's hardly surprising that Vics have been much more willing to order and take AZ.

But that has happened. You need to now take your Gladys hating blinkers off and understand that her now wanting to get Sydney vaccinated as a priority is not sinister. I would have thought your claims of leftness would not want to see people ending up in ICUs. It's about the people of Sydney - not Gladys. Or do you want to punish them too?

Last edited:
Posted that a week ago.
Your just proving my point.

Apologies for not noticing it, but I know from your comments about far right media that you understand that anything worthwhile can get lost when it is encased in twisting biased commentary with baseless assertions stated as fact.

With the lowest vaccine rates in the areas with highest covid infection.

I know that Feds allocate the vaccine to a state, but is it Feds or State who decide how the allocation is used and who is prioritised.

I know that Feds allocate the vaccine to a state, but is it Feds or State who decide how the allocation is used and who is prioritised.
I think the article is suggesting that it is people's choice or their ability to take time off for a jab rather than priorities that accounts for the imbalance in vaccine rates particularly within the two major cities.

Last edited:
I think the article is suggesting that people's choice or their ability to take time off for a jab rather than priorities that accounts for the imbalance in vaccine rates within the two major cities.
It is, but it also touches on age demographics in an area being a factor, which is a prioritisation issue, eg. A lot of regional areas have an older demographic because heaps of the young have left town and headed to the big smoke for work.

Places like Bendigo and Warnambool being highly vaccinated is likely to be also influenced by them having an older population who have had more access to vaccines. What I'm getting at is by simply moving down the age groups the way they've done, it's also likely to have had more vaccines distributed to particular areas.

Basically, in terms of the rollout, I struggle to see how it's a higher priority to vaccinate 50 year olds in regional areas ahead of 25 year old essential workers in high density areas. That 25 year old may be less likely to die, but he's much more likely to catch it spread it and contribute to an outbreak. Thus him getting it is much more likely to result in both lockdowns and death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back