Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it popular in Greece? I find it odd that some really popular middle Eastern ingredients like dates, cinnamon and cardamon and I suspect pomegranate didn't go gang busters in Europe when the Ottomans spread.

Yes they are.. I had too much of em one day.. and threw up.. haven't touched em since.

They're good in small doses.. they become cringe when you over do it.

Dates.. ergghhh.. cinnamon and cardamon.. nice.

The oldies love the dates and pomegranate.

Making Meatloaf tonight,
Then I thought how bad was that band at the granny!
Ughh flashbacks.
Perhaps I shall play Bat out of hell ♪♪ And enjoy the meal.

Saw the big fella at the Palais when they released Bat out of Hell II. Free ticket, not the sort of thing I'd strike out on my own to see. Honest.

But he was very good. He was a bloke who loved the songs and loved belting them out, and I enjoyed the show despite myself.

I think at one stage he called upon the ladies of the audience to scream out agreement if they thought he was a sex god. I was just caught up in the excitement, lent my rather masculine voice to the women's chorus. I've become less embarrassed about that over the years.

Think of me when you eat that loaf.

4 lockdowns = bad luck and weather. Is that the best explanation we can find?

E = mc2 = 14 days lockdown?

Data = myki regos & stricter qr scanning rules and regos.. yr and a half later? Ha?

Bloke has covid down Chapel re.. what did he attend a fancy dress party as Iron Man or some s**t like that.. or did he actually only go for Chap laps?

Trying to get my head around it re.

Kati vlakies re.

I would do anything for love.

But I won't.....do......that....
I thought it strange that McDonalds used that first line in recent advertising.
The majority of us just let the second line roll on.
And let’s face it, we would do anything for love, and we wouldn’t inflict that cardboard excuse for food on our loved ones.
Truth in advertising finally!

Wonder what happened to Saintly🤔

There was some argy bargy, to-ing and fro-ing with a poster that kind of blew up into one of those things that occurs here on BF from time to time. Can’t recall who was involved or what it was over but SV quit because of it. A bit of a shame, really.

There was some argy bargy, to-ing and fro-ing with a poster that kind of blew up into one of those things that occurs here on BF from time to time. Can’t recall who was involved or what it was over but SV quit because of it. A bit of a shame, really.
Thank you for the response. I lose interest and disappear during the off seasons. Came back on and one of the first things I noticed was Saintlys absence. He was a prolific poster and a gentle one.

Wonder what happened to Saintly🤔
He is missed.
I looked back and his last post was in this thread.
On page 219!!

If you look at the 'Don't know where to post, post it here' thread, it can be seen that Saintly still leads the top contributor table by well over 200 posts.

He was a force. His domination of this thread would have been undisputed and utterly majestic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you for the response. I lose interest and disappear during the off seasons. Came back on and one of the first things I noticed was Saintlys absence. He was a prolific poster and a gentle one.
If I recall correctly the argy bargy was with another gently humorous but much more wordy poster.

If you look at the 'Don't know where to post, post it here' thread, it can be seen that Saintly still leads the top contributor table by well over 200 posts.

He was a force. His domination of this thread would have been undisputed and utterly majestic.

Old Saccharine Saintly is missed. This mega-thread would have been improved by his presence.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is it popular in Greece? I find it odd that some really popular middle Eastern ingredients like dates, cinnamon and cardamon and I suspect pomegranate didn't go gang busters in Europe when the Ottomans spread.
Pomegranate is huge here.
And for those of you who may be a bit ignorant on the topic of pomegranates, they are one of natures miracle foods. So so so nutritious.
One of my go to breakfasts is pomegranate and yoghurt.
Chuck the seeds from a pomegranate into a couple of cups of yoghurt then after you have mixed it, use the back of your spoon to crush the pomegranate seeds. The yoghurt turns a beautiful purple red colour.
Can you think of a more healthy breakfast. A miracle food mixed in with another miracle food.
Your body will say "thanks".

Oh and for those of you who think it's too tedious removing pomegranate seeds from the fruit here is a tip.
Put the pomegranate under a bowl of water and remove the seeds under water.
The seeds all sink while the bitter white membrane and flesh of the fruit floats. Then all you have to do is scoop off the stuff that is floating, drain the water and you are left with a bowl of pomegranate seeds.
Best technique by far.

Pomegranate is huge here.
And for those of you who may be a bit ignorant on the topic of pomegranates, they are one of natures miracle foods. So so so nutritious.
One of my go to breakfasts is pomegranate and yoghurt.
Chuck the seeds from a pomegranate into a couple of cups of yoghurt then after you have mixed it, use the back of your spoon to crush the pomegranate seeds. The yoghurt turns a beautiful purple red colour.
Can you think of a more healthy breakfast. A miracle food mixed in with another miracle food.
Your body will say "thanks".

Oh and for those of you who think it's too tedious removing pomegranate seeds from the fruit here is a tip.
Put the pomegranate under a bowl of water and remove the seeds under water.
The seeds all sink while the bitter white membrane and flesh of the fruit floats. Then all you have to do is scoop off the stuff that is floating, drain the water and you are left with a bowl of pomegranate seeds.
Best technique by far.
Pomegranates respond well to a good spanking. Cut in half - smack the skin side with a wooden spoon - out the seed's come in a very obedient manner.

Pomegranates respond well to a good spanking. Cut in half - smack the skin side with a wooden spoon - out the seed's come in a very obedient manner.
Yes my dear friend they do.
But...
As you know the juices from pomegranate are a bit like red wine. They stain.
The spanking method results in a lot of mess. Juices flying left right and center.
When you do it under water there is no mess.
This is why it is the best method.

If you plot "mess" on the Y axis and "ease of removal" on the X axis I think you will find that your method does not do too well.

Yes my dear friend they do.
But...
As you know the juices from pomegranate are a bit like red wine. They stain.
The spanking method results in a lot of mess. Juices flying left right and center.
When you do it under water there is no mess.
This is why it is the best method.

If you plot "mess" on the Y axis and "ease of removal" on the X axis I think you will find that your method does not do too well.
Wonderful Otto - but to elucidate on this matter - the spanking of said pomegranate should be administered over a bowl, the capacity of which is sufficient to accept the obediently tumbling seeds as well as the succulent juice which accompanies the said tumbling seeds - fond regards. 📉
PS - put the bowl in the sink.

Last edited:
Wonderful Otto - but to elucidate on this matter - the spanking of said pomegranate should be administered over a bowl, the capacity of which is sufficient to accept the obediently tumbling seeds as well as the succulent juice which accompanies the said tumbling seeds - fond regards. 📉
My most respected and dear friend.
It seems that you want to keep arguing the point even though you are wrong.
I even referenced graphs to help you understand but it seems like you have become one of those graph deniers.
The facts were put in front of you.
What happened to you?
When did you stop believing in the graph?
If this has happened to you, then it can happen to anyone.

Change your avatar.
It's a lie.
You only believe in graphs when it suits you.

You're a phony.

Mid week hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back