Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
John 'We paid off the sheila and never heard from her again' is dead at 79.

I honestly thought Elliott had already died. Interesting ‘character’, and an intriguing mix of boof head and money. I was involved in a project some years ago with one of his ex-wives, and she was very pleasant and good to deal with. I kept being surprised that she’d been married to him. But maybe his public persona was just that - a charade. He had his ups and downs, but a life pretty well lived. At least he had the benefit of presiding over a footy team that for a time had some consistent success.

I honestly thought Elliott had already died. Interesting ‘character’, and an intriguing mix of boof head and money. I was involved in a project some years ago with one of his ex-wives, and she was very pleasant and good to deal with. I kept being surprised that she’d been married to him. But maybe his public persona was just that - a charade. He had his ups and downs, but a life pretty well lived. At least he had the benefit of presiding over a footy team that for a time had some consistent success.
One of my Carlton barracking cousins posted 'RIP John Elliott Legend' on FB. I was so tempted to post the sheila comment but let them have their send off unmolested by my remarks. The entire family of 7 siblings are Carlton supporters. Christmas lunch, if ever there is another one, would be a sad affair if I got them offside re John Elliott.

EDIT: Left the surname out of the post. Fixed.

What day is it? Can I drink a beer or something?
You can even imagine a football parade in your head with a cavalcade of vehicles containing players you largely don't recognise waving at you as they pass. Then you can start wondering why you are there, given you don't barrack for either team, and not at home sinking beers.

I foolishly bought fish and chips last night, not considering the seasonally warm weather had brought everyone out onto the streets. I now patronise a small but very popular shop on Carlisle St in which you order then wait outside. I was number 71. The first number called was 49. The wait was 50 minutes. In that time, I became the official number relayer from my vantage point next to the doorway, and also befriended several dogs and their owners. It seems that because of the weather and the public holiday, half of Melbourne had decided takeaway was the best option for dinner. 50 minutes is a long time to stand around on a footpath when you are hungry.

You can even imagine a football parade in your head with a cavalcade of vehicles containing players you largely don't recognise waving at you as they pass. Then you can start wondering why you are there, given you don't barrack for either team, and not at home sinking beers.

I foolishly bought fish and chips last night, not considering the seasonally warm weather had brought everyone out onto the streets. I now patronise a small but very popular shop on Carlisle St in which you order then wait outside. I was number 71. The first number called was 49. The wait was 50 minutes. In that time, I became the official number relayer from my vantage point next to the doorway, and also befriended several dogs and their owners. It seems that because of the weather and the public holiday, half of Melbourne had decided takeaway was the best option for dinner. 50 minutes is a long time to stand around on a footpath when you are hungry.
I cooked a rump steak last night and have some left overs for a sandwich later.
The plan today is to sink some pale ales in the afternoon whilst sitting on my porch. I’ll be on the look out for covid breaches and will probably complain on here later.

I cooked a rump steak last night and have some left overs for a sandwich later.
The plan today is to sink some pale ales in the afternoon whilst sitting on my porch. I’ll be on the look out for covid breaches and will probably complain on here later.
You don't own a shotgun? You could conspicuously prop it against the wall beside you to scare away the covid violators. I am sure you could add to the image a particularly menacing stare. I like rump and it doesn't drain your savings account. Good when sliced thin for Chinese stir fries too.

Many moons ago when I was staying in Elwood there was a great Thai take away on Carlisle near Ackland. kind of opposite big mouth. Those in the know might say it’s not authentic thai but I loved it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many moons ago when I was staying in Elwood there was a great Thai take away on Carlisle near Ackland. kind of opposite big mouth. Those in the know might say it’s not authentic thai but I loved it.
There is a very cheap Thai takeaway/restaurant near the corner of Fitzroy St and Canterbury Rd named Derby Thai, completely staffed by about 7 or 8 Thais that does a roaring trade. Also not 100% authentic, but nice. I think the place you were referring to is gone now, though there is good cheap Indian takeaway on Carlisle near Barkly St.

There is a very cheap Thai takeaway/restaurant near the corner of Fitzroy St and Canterbury Rd named Derby Thai, completely staffed by about 7 or 8 Thais that does a roaring trade. Also not 100% authentic, but nice. I think the place you were referring to is gone now, though there is good cheap Indian takeaway on Carlisle near Barkly St.
I screwed that up royally I meant Barkly and acland. Thanks for setting me straight . It was just north of village belle.

You don't own a shotgun? You could conspicuously prop it against the wall beside you to scare away the covid violators. I am sure you could add to the image a particularly menacing stare. I like rump and it doesn't drain your savings account. Good when sliced thin for Chinese stir fries too.
I would like to own a shotgun.

Interesting that the Victorian reff rate has been higher than NSW for a week now. The government settings don’t seem to have worked. I agree with labor man Damien Barrett who this week said the settings of control are no longer working for the Victorian population. They have had enough. We need a reset

Interesting that the Victorian reff rate has been higher than NSW for a week now. The government settings don’t seem to have worked. I agree with labor man Damien Barrett who this week said the settings of control are no longer working for the Victorian population. They have had enough. We need a reset
It’s going how the modelling said it would. We are increasing towards our peak and NSW are coming off there’s. This is to do with vaccination numbers, not the lockdown failing.

What would be your suggested reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back