Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennis players have every right to refuse to vaccinate but they can GGF if they expect a spot in the Aussie Open.

Every visitor at the tennis, every umpire, every worker is expected to be vaxxed. Teachers, nurses, etc can't work unless they have.

I will flip my lid if they let Djokovic in. Why is this even being considered? We all have to live by these rules. Melbourne has been through so much.

Tennis players have every right to refuse to vaccinate but they can GGF if they expect a spot in the Aussie Open.

Every visitor at the tennis, every umpire, every worker is expected to be vaxxed. Teachers, nurses, etc can't work unless they have.

I will flip my lid if they let Djokovic in. Why is this even being considered? We all have to live by these rules. Melbourne has been through so much.
I expect you’ll be flipping your lid mate. People like Djokovic live by a different set of rules.

Because Tennis Australia making a Huge Push to let him in and I dare say they be saying he will bring more Money and People to the Tournment though that should not even come into Consideration

I expect you’ll be flipping your lid mate. People like Djokovic live by a different set of rules.
It wouldn't take much gumption or coordination from state and federal governments and Tennis Australia to clearly state and enforce " not vaccinated? - don't bother coming".
To do otherwise is a spineless cave in.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Empty taloned? - hugs :)
My brain doesn't function at this hour. I am only up because I cannot sleep. :(

The chicks ate a whole bird while I sipped a third of a cup of coffee. One of them seems to be a bit of a social isolate, hanging out at the camera end of the guttering and waiting till the others are already being fed before moving in for a feed. Now standing off from the group again. I love the clattering noise they make as they move up and down the gutter.

Last edited:
Thatt looks like a while ago - chicks have grown since that shot- shedding their down feathers now

Yes, it was from a few weeks ago. I didn’t see it myself, my daughter was watching at the time and just happened to luck upon both parents being there. Knowing that I like to see what the falcon chicks are up to, she took a screenshot and texted it to me.

Agreed, same rules for all. Curiously, there is quite a number of anti-vaxxers in the professional tennis contingent across the men’s and women’s comps but it appears to be more prominent with the women. Hence the leaked email from the WTA that kicked off this week’s controversy.

Agreed, same rules for all. Curiously, there is quite a number of anti-vaxxers in the professional tennis contingent across the men’s and women’s comps but it appears to be more prominent with the women. Hence the leaked email from the WTA that kicked off this week’s controversy.

Tennis Australia is proposing quarantine and strict living arrangements for the unvaxxed players. How about they just propose to the players themselves... get *ing jabbed.

Djokovic is a flog. He is the self-proclaimed leader of player's rights but keeping mum on his vax-status... "it's private" he says. Yes, his own tournament last year showed everyone what his position on COVID is. Tsitsipas is another. If they do let them in, I hope people boycott.

On another topic, it seems TheGreatGrundy was right about travel. It's still too much of a risk even if the government will let us fly out.

If you want a laugh, listen to Tim Smith try to explain why this Victorian legislation is bad, but the NSW one which is virtually identical is great.

The Vic Libs are so committed to the whole "NSW is great" line (what a sure fire vote winner in Victoria!) that they can't even quit it so that they can effectively campaign against the new Vic legislation. It's incredible to witness.

Have you looked at the 'How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian premier?' thread. Ref: BF Main board.

You'll get a wide array of views on the topic of the perm pand laws..

On another topic, it seems TheGreatGrundy was right about travel. It's still too much of a risk even if the government will let us fly out.

Think the journo is 75% bed-wetter: stoking fears we will change our border restrictions, no travel insurance etc

Vaxx-up and onward

Stuff to do, biz to write, life to be lived

PS let's organise our Jathanas Greek Roots Discovery Tour

Have you looked at the 'How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian premier?' thread. Ref: BF Main board.

You'll get a wide array of views on the topic of the perm pand laws..
What relevance does that have to the Victorian Liberal Party and its insane hypocrisy? "NSW's pandemic powers are glorious, while ours - which are now the same - suck!"

What relevance does that have to the Victorian Liberal Party and its insane hypocrisy? "NSW's pandemic powers are glorious, while ours - which are now the same - suck!"

People have different opinions about the laws.. that's all. Not everyone thinks the same way. It's a good read that thread. I would encourage you to get involved.

And I did say.. I took the Moderna.. that's my way of saying.. I'm fully vaccinated.. with one of the other 2. Basically.. it's my business what I take. Some want to make it known.. others.. simply don't. Different strokes for different folks.

Think the journo is 75% bed-wetter: stoking fears we will change our border restrictions, no travel insurance etc

Vaxx-up and onward

Stuff to do, biz to write, life to be lived

PS let's organise our Jathanas Greek Roots Discovery Tour
In theory, I agree with you, WBW. I have always taken out travel insurance and not once made a claim on it, but I would feel kind of naked going to Cambodia, Thailand or India without it for 3-4 months at a time. I have met too many people who have suffered injuries in motor bike accidents or falls and had to be locally hospitalised to feel comfortable travelling in any of these three countries without the injury and repatriation aspects of travel insurance as some level of protection. Covid insurance can be obtained separately and is in fact a requirement for entry to Cambodia. It's a little bit expensive and doesn't seem to offer much in the way of cover if you are unfortunate enough to get covid. I am probably far more conscious of health considerations because of my age and the time I spend away.

Thailand has opened up for tourism, but few people are booking holidays there. In fact, several airlines which initially announced the resumption of flights to the country have just delayed their resumption. There are too many unknowns for shorter term tourists - what happens if someone on your flight tests positive for covid on arrival or you acquire covid while holidaying there? A 'Thailand Pass' has been introduced which requires the installation of an app which traces your movements while on holiday. The details of the procedure to be followed prior to and on arrival would alone dissuade many people from travelling to the country for a short holiday - https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/umufy3EgqL/แบบฟอร์มฝ่ายกงสุล/คู่มือการใช้งาน_ThailandPlus_ภาษาอังกฤษ.pdf
A night in a quarantine hotel has to be pre-booked while awaiting the result of the test on arrival. There is no indication at this stage what will be required if the passenger or someone else on the flight tests positive on arrival. Furthermore, there is currently an alcohol ban in bars and restaurants throughout the country - who wants to go on holiday and have to purchase alcohol and drink it in your hotel room?

Cambodia has opened again for tourism but still requires everyone to undergo 7 days quarantine at an ASQ hotel, a cost of $US1000 in what is a lucky dip system of mystery hotels which are very uneven in terms of the quality of service and food provided to quarantined visitors. Airfares to the country are twice what they were when I last visited. AirAsia which provided cheap flights between Thailand and Cambodia does not seem to have survived the pandemic, and flights between the two countries are vastly more expensive than before.

Winter is the time I look to avoid in Melbourne, so I am not overly concerned at this stage about booking a flight. Like most people, I would rather wait a few months to allow the situation to settle and for some of the restrictions on travel to be lifted.

Last edited:
People have different opinions about the laws.. that's all. Not everyone thinks the same way. It's a good read that thread. I would encourage you to get involved.

And I did say.. I took the Moderna.. that's my way of saying.. I'm fully vaccinated.. with one of the other 2. Basically.. it's my business what I take. Some want to make it known.. others.. simply don't. Different strokes for different folks.
Sure they do. Some people, like cowardly LNP politicians, have different opinions on the same laws depending on who introduced them! How's that for flexible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back