Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they made Vegemite in a "loaf" the size of a slice of bread.

Then I could just cut a decent slice off for my toast, instead of taking time digging & spreading.

Reckon over a year I'd save a day at least.

When are you gonna fes up to the lads at the Wondong Pub that you now have an appreciation for 'inner city Sth Yarra professionals who enjoy the finer things in life' living re?

The percentage increase is meaningless when the denominator is so small at the start. Going from 1 person infected to 2 is a 100% increase. Going from 1 million infected to 1.5 million infected is an increase of 50%.

I can assure you, this 50% is NOT better than the 100%.

Que?

The cohort number is increasing daily so not too sure about the logic of this. A % growth rate for new cases that is in decline is way better in this instance.

Agreed. More importantly, it's looking hopeful that we have done it early enough to stop it becoming a bigger tragedy.

EFA

If only China was the only one that pretended there was nothing to see. Criticise China all you like but plenty of other leaders have been shown to be totally gutless in this crisis.

History will view them poorly. Your worth as a leader is demonstrated at times like this and too many have failed dismally.
I guess you are speaking of the Donald and you are correct,with other leaders the jury is still out,Morrison going OK,Johnson so so.The Italians and Spanish are being swamped poor bastards but the US I am afraid for it,it really frightens the S__out of me.

Reading what is going on around the world as each country releases their figures, I have a sad feeling that we won't be seeing football until at least after June at this rate.

Think our PM and State Premiers have been doing a pretty good job and are trying to cover all future bases, so fingers crossed the public do the same.

Reading what is going on around the world as each country releases their figures, I have a sad feeling that we won't be seeing football until at least after June at this rate.

Think our PM and State Premiers have been doing a pretty good job and are trying to cover all future bases, so fingers crossed the public do the same.
I dont think we'll see it this side of October

How will football return before a vaccine is released? This virus isn't going to disappear magically, and we've seen many Aussies have a "who cares" attitude that'll allow it to continue to spread in the community easily.

How will football return before a vaccine is released? This virus isn't going to disappear magically, and we've seen many Aussies have a "who cares" attitude that'll allow it to continue to spread in the community easily.

Great question.

"Gil" has plainly stated that they want some form of a season even if that means playing right up to NYE but I'm not sure how that could take place.

If we do everything right, 6 months from now the contagion rate will have peaked and will be contracting. Will it be safe to play closed games like in round 1? My guess is that's what they're banking on.

I dont think we'll see it this side of October
I dont agree with this.

You have it for what two weeks ? give or take. Something big will happen in the next few weeks and everyone will wake up and the cases will decrease ten fold and then we will carry on.

Dont need a cure just need the hospitals to not be overflowing when we eventually all catch it at different times

If there is medication/treatment that can control it from spreading and people not dying, think it would happen.

There are numerous organisations and drug companies working on that at the moment and trials are being conducted.

Leaving aside sport, I think that may be sooner than later. I live in hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there is medication/treatment that can control it from spreading and people not dying, think it would happen.

There are numerous organisations and drug companies working on that at the moment and trials are being conducted.

Leaving aside sport, I think that may be sooner than later. I live in hope.
They are saying a vaccine is 12 months away - that is actually soon for the development and testing of a vaccine.

I dont think we will see any chance of the season restarting until the beginning of August.

Might not even need a vaccine could just be an everday tablet you take or something

That would be great, but I think it might be a bit more complicated than that. One thing for sure, we’re all over it.

Um, that tweet is inaccurate and offensive! Daddy China says it came from the US! Who are we to doubt our overlords? Do you want to get put in an ASIO database?
Very good.

What’s China going to do about it? Infect thousands with some exotic virus?

Too soon?

They are saying a vaccine is 12 months away - that is actually soon for the development and testing of a vaccine.
Might not even need a vaccine could just be an everday tablet you take or something
If an existing drug already approved for human use is effective in treating the virus it will speed up the time considerably.

I dont agree with this.

You have it for what two weeks ? give or take. Something big will happen in the next few weeks and everyone will wake up and the cases will decrease ten fold and then we will carry on.

Dont need a cure just need the hospitals to not be overflowing when we eventually all catch it at different times

You clearly don't understand the logic of flattening the curve.

If we all get sick in the next few weeks, thousands upon thousands will die.

Speak for yourself. I never get sick. I can't catch a cold less alone a virus.

Hopefully that remains the case. As you get older though it is likely to change. The world death toll is horrific.

Hopefully that remains the case. As you get older though it is likely to change. The world death toll is horrific.
Well, so far in my 36 years; I have had a pretty good immune system. So fingers crossed it continues. I don't get out a lot though.

I am 66 and I have only twice had a cold/flu in the last 10 years. I reckon I will escape this one too. And I will do my best to ensure that I am not the carrier for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back