Teams Cronulla Sharks 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Restart next Thursday.

Looks like we play West Tigers on Sat. May 30th then North Queensland on Sat June 6th.

Press reports are we only have one player in doubt and that is Chad Townsend who has a broken thumb. Morris is confident that Townsend will be fit to play.

V'Landys has upset some with reverting to one referee and introducing a six again rule for ruck infringements. I can see why they went to one ref but I am not sure that this was the right time for major rule changes. None the less it is good to be back in business.

Restart next Thursday.

Looks like we play West Tigers on Sat. May 30th then North Queensland on Sat June 6th.

Press reports are we only have one player in doubt and that is Chad Townsend who has a broken thumb. Morris is confident that Townsend will be fit to play.

V'Landys has upset some with reverting to one referee and introducing a six again rule for ruck infringements. I can see why they went to one ref but I am not sure that this was the right time for major rule changes. None the less it is good to be back in business.
Just hoping it isn't a flat party. Have no idea why the rule was changed, except to give teams like the Storm which train for repeated ruck infringements even more leeway, knowing they can't give away a penalty in a critical moment. Going back to one referee just makes the likelihood of picking this up even less.

I started following NRL in the 70s, with one referee and the touch judges had more limited powers. I recall thinking when we went to two and the bunker and the rest of it that the standard of refereeing didn't seem to improve. Be interesting to see what going back to one does.

Just hoping it isn't a flat party. Have no idea why the rule was changed, except to give teams like the Storm which train for repeated ruck infringements even more leeway, knowing they can't give away a penalty in a critical moment. Going back to one referee just makes the likelihood of picking this up even less.

I started following NRL in the 70s, with one referee and the touch judges had more limited powers. I recall thinking when we went to two and the bunker and the rest of it that the standard of refereeing didn't seem to improve. Be interesting to see what going back to one does.

I have never seen ruck infringements as a huge issue certainly not to the extent of changing the rules. I can see that six more tackles is probably less stop start than awarding a penalty so those running the game probably think it will lead to a faster game. Of course the bottom line is the refs have to get it right and as you post one less ref makes that harder.

V'Landys has interchange in his sights

I see now that V'Landys is now announcing reducing the interchange. Are these headlines just to create debates so we are talking about rule changes rather than the anti-vax and COVID issues?

Or the other way round. Rip in a few rule changes under the cover of COVID-19. People that happy to get a game to look at they are not going to bleat too much about rule changes. Either way it seems a lot of changes to introduce in a short season.

And once again, a further divergence of rules between the NRL and the rest of the sport. Which is never good.

Six again seems pointless, and I agree with the comments above about the Storm. A choice of six again or a penalty makes more sense. If defending teams repeatedly infringe on their own goal-line, the option to peg them back with easy twos should not be taken away from the attacking side.

FFS!

The drama about Ramien coming and Xerri maybe looking elsewhere. Then I read today, he was now as fast as Addo-Carr and maybe the fastest player in the comp and now this.

Is that how he got faster?

Just when you think things cannot get any worse.

If the B sample is also positive he will probably cop a twelve month suspension ? I hope Xerri is the only one and we haven't got more to come.

Surely there is a plausible explanation for returning a positive test in this day and age ? No one could be that ignorant of the system could they?

Last edited:
Just when you think things cannot get any worse.

If the B sample is also positive he will probably cop a twelve month suspension ? I hope Xerri is the only one and we haven't got more to come.

Surely there is a plausible explanation for returning a positive test in this day and age ? No one could be that ignorant of the system could they?

It was in November so who knows what he was doing?

Great timing though, they couldn’t have done it before we let Morris go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a photo of him last year and one recently,he has bulked up big time.
Article i read said he could be looking at a 4 year suspension.
They must have re-hired him
1590472806008.png

Geez, how did we let Kyle Flanagan go? Everytime I saw Brett Morris and Flanagan touch the ball last night I winced. I guess we don't have the money to pay them all but I am not sure a couple of the blokes we are paying are worth the money.

I guess I have to focus on those players we have and forget those who are no longer with us. This afternoon we kick off again so here's hoping we can get some premiership points on the board. Go Sharks.

Geez, how did we let Kyle Flanagan go? Everytime I saw Brett Morris and Flanagan touch the ball last night I winced. I guess we don't have the money to pay them all but I am not sure a couple of the blokes we are paying are worth the money.

I guess I have to focus on those players we have and forget those who are no longer with us. This afternoon we kick off again so here's hoping we can get some premiership points on the board. Go Sharks.
Been that way with a few of our youngsters recently sadly. Wasn't the Flanagan case something to do with his old man as well? In hindsight with the Xerri issue we could have handled that better.

Even before the pandemic I was more or less resigned to writing this year off to experience, what with cap penalties and no home games. I think we'll be competitive in most games, and finish tenth. That seems to be my lot in life 😁

Just watching tonight's game. The game itself looks much faster, I wonder if that's because of the rule changes, or just because we haven't seen it for a while. The concept of the forward hit-up soaking up a few tackles isn't going to cut it, forwards will need to be more mobile.

We look poor defensively, a lot of missed tackles and misread play. We've looked ok in patches offensively though. We may win a few games this year ;).

EDIT : I take that back. Second half was garbage against very ordinary opposition. We ain't going nowhere. Hopefully we have the funds to regroup and fill needs in the offseason.

Last edited:
Some woeful referee decisions went against us in the second half (the knock on call against mulitalo which clearly rolled back and the strip on BHU right at the start) but the errors and lapses defensively killed us.

Our kick chase was putrid, and Dugan rushing one out from the line from a goal line drop out allowing them a score gets worse every time you watch it. Moylan looked a thousand miles off the pace tonight and i hope they dont replace Kennedy just yet.
And i dont know if Wade Graham contracted coronavirus at half time or something but the stupidity of not going to him at all in the second half is mind numbing.

Good things:
Kennedy looked really solid after his drop
Mulitalo is one of the more underrated young talents in the league
Wade Graham is a jet, and Hamlin-Uele is my favourite player.

All in all, i could wait another 8 weeks for footy if that is what we are going to hand out. Hopefully this just caps off a week from hell that we can move on from this week.

Some woeful referee decisions went against us in the second half (the knock on call against mulitalo which clearly rolled back and the strip on BHU right at the start) but the errors and lapses defensively killed us.

Our kick chase was putrid, and Dugan rushing one out from the line from a goal line drop out allowing them a score gets worse every time you watch it. Moylan looked a thousand miles off the pace tonight and i hope they dont replace Kennedy just yet.
And i dont know if Wade Graham contracted coronavirus at half time or something but the stupidity of not going to him at all in the second half is mind numbing.

Good things:
Kennedy looked really solid after his drop
Mulitalo is one of the more underrated young talents in the league
Wade Graham is a jet, and Hamlin-Uele is my favourite player.

All in all, i could wait another 8 weeks for footy if that is what we are going to hand out. Hopefully this just caps off a week from hell that we can move on from this week.

Wade Graham was unstoppable in the first half and then invisible to teammates in the second half. He was the only player who looked likely to create anything and they never went to him. 😱 Not sure if he was 100% at the end as well.

John Morris was an idiot playing for the tigers and looks like nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back