red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
mpc09logo.jpg

Still some way off, but the schedule (pdf) has been released.

I think you'll find that the buy-ins are reasonable and those of us in Melbourne should be entering a few events.

$340 HORSE, who's in?

Here are the results from the 2007 Melb Champs.

Re: 2008 Melbourne Championships @ Crown (May 11-25)

Falchoon, I feel that the 2008 Melb Champs is your chance to shine :thumbsu:

Might play a few, NLHE, Omaha Hi/Lo... and maybe the HORSE. Might put some $ aside with it being a while off. Could be fun.

should play a few or all of 1,4,5 and 6

if i do well in them or if i have any money left i will play 7 and 11 and hopfully sat into ME

each level, then each round of table on final table then each hand heads up i believe. Mate came 2nd in one the other year good pay out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are running online satilites to the main event on full tilt

Start from as little as $8 to win a $1500 package

I [played that 8.80 thing last night which was a qual into the 50$ Sat simply because I had nothing better to do. I qualified field was soft as s**t hope its like that for the main sat.

Re: Melbourne Poker Championships

It's possible there has already been some discussion about the Melb Champs elsewhere.

In answer to your question, no, not me.

Re: Melbourne Poker Championships

Grant Levy runs amazingly good.

Yep, very good player as I can attest to first hand.

I was seated two seats to his left on day two of the main event. Jousted with him for about 7 hours before being sent to the rail for a more than respectable 40th place. I also had Luke Santo on my table and he is a fine player as well.

Still, I won my seat for $130 in a satellite and cashed for $3340 so not a bad weekend's work although I had a big stack with about 70 to go so may have finished higher if not for a couple of way too aggressive plays after the bubble burst (63 players paid).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back