Preview Crows Draw 2013

Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
These are the teams I hope we play twice.

WCE, Haw, Syd, Coll.
I doubt we would get Collingwood as they HAVE TO play all the Vic teams twice. And the Crows would get too much MCG playing time [/cynicism]

Wouldn't mind playing Richmond twice, maybe next year they can live up to the hype?

The teams we should only play once.
GC, GWS, Port, Melb. Yes one Showdown next year. Playing Port twice wastes a game where we could be developing young players in actual contests.

All other's I don't care once or twice.

We need to play top teams to be battle hardened for finals. I think our final 3 games were poor finals preparation and may have contributed to our lack lustre performance against Syd.

Same deal again... if all the Vic clubs BEG not to play GC/GWS at home because it will draw a s**t house crowd... then we get to play them both at home.

They can't play themselves every second week. And there are 11 away games to fill.

It was interesting listening to Matthews talking about the AFL's preference for revenue-raising over and above all other considerations. He was mainly referring at the time to the fiasco of the Prelim time scheduling, but also compared that to the overall season fixture.

Fairness, equalisation, rotation - whatever you like to call it, will always end up secondary to revenue. So the Pies will play most of their games at the MCG and travel rarely, there will always be 2 "derbies", so Sydney / GWS and Lions/ Suns are a lock.

In the end, we are only talking about the difference of playing GWS and/or Suns once or twice. Maybe throw in Melbourne. Port are definite for us.

How many times we end up in Perth, Tassie, Brisbane etc will be the key.

The 5 I want to play twice.

1. Port Adelaide - Dont actually care TBH, but it will be here so just included them, if there was 1 showdown, I'd like to be the away team. I'd rather play Carlton, Essendon or Collingwood who could actually bring a few supporters.
2. Hawthorn - Almost a gauruntee anyway. News that we have them in the last game of the year, and the AFL has set up that no one will play anyone for the 1st time in the last round.
3. Collingwood - Would love to beat them twice and stick it up Malthouse who implied Adelaide shouldn't have been top 2 this year (along with Sydney) at the expense of Hawthorn and Collingwood.
4. Brisbane - We'll probably have 1 more game beyond Port vs a bottom 10 team. Brisbane I predict to rise. They're on the rise, they're ****ing difficult to beat at the Gabba too. Would be a great challenge for the boys.
5 - Fremantle - The AFL need the Victorian teams for their own little "blockbusters" so we'll probably get a 3rd double up vs a Non-Vic side. We'll probably get West Coast IMHO, but I see Fremantle's gameplan as closer to 'finals football' over West Coast's gameplan.

So who I want - Port, Hawthorn, Collingwood, Brisbane, Fremantle.
Who I expect - Port, Hawthorn, Collingwood, Sydney, West Coast. (AFL to appease to Victorian media and give us 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th twice, along with our rivalry game)

What I'd want

AAMI -Port Adelaide x2, Fremantle, Brisbane, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Essendon, Carlton, West Coast, Gold Coast, Geelong, Western Bulldogs
S -Fremantle
MCG -Collingwood, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Richmond
ES -North Melbourne, St Kilda
SCG - Sydney
SS - Greater Western Sydney
G - Brisbane

I expect that we'll get Port, one other top 4 side from 2012, two interstate sides and a middle of the road Victorian side twice in 2013.

The 5 I want to play twice.

1. Port Adelaide - Dont actually care TBH, but it will be here so just included them, if there was 1 showdown, I'd like to be the away team. I'd rather play Carlton, Essendon or Collingwood who could actually bring a few supporters.
2. Hawthorn - Almost a gauruntee anyway. News that we have them in the last game of the year, and the AFL has set up that no one will play anyone for the 1st time in the last round.
3. Collingwood - Would love to beat them twice and stick it up Malthouse who implied Adelaide shouldn't have been top 2 this year (along with Sydney) at the expense of Hawthorn and Collingwood.
4. Brisbane - We'll probably have 1 more game beyond Port vs a bottom 10 team. Brisbane I predict to rise. They're on the rise, they're ****ing difficult to beat at the Gabba too. Would be a great challenge for the boys.
5 - Fremantle - The AFL need the Victorian teams for their own little "blockbusters" so we'll probably get a 3rd double up vs a Non-Vic side. We'll probably get West Coast IMHO, but I see Fremantle's gameplan as closer to 'finals football' over West Coast's gameplan.
This is almost exactly what I was thinking.

Port, Brissie definitely, Freo may be swapped with WCE, Hawthorn definitely, Coll may be swapped with Geel.

We'll go to tassie twice, that's a season killer for non victorians.

Give us the hardest draw possible. We need the hard conidtioning leading into finals, should we make it.
Rest assured, it will be the hardest draw, considering all the babyish sooky la la bullshit from Victoria across the media and from other clubs.

Wah wah the crows had a soft draw wah wah. Because not only did we play GWS GC and the TEAL twice (even though Vic don't understand that every Port game is 50/50 no matter what), we played bulldogs twice ...and melbourne twice...wait.

**** the AFL. Next year, not only will we be screwed by the umpiring again, the AFL will screw us whichever way they can to make it as difficult as possible for us.

Bring it on you mothers.

The fixture (or Draw) doesn't really worry me as if we play to our potential their are only about 2 or 3 teams that worry me.

Playing Hawthorn, Collingwood home or away will be a struggle and maybe West Coast and Sydney away would be deemed as danger games.

Everything else is very winnable if we are switched on and turn up to play at our maximum.

It's worse than the road trip to Geelong. Geelongs known for the kerfuffing around to get there and how much of a backwater it is with cold/windy conditions. When you travel 10 times a year , it takes it toll.

I feel for the western Australians who travel there.

Back