Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

BTC.D showing bullish divergence with a bounce from the lows.
Yep, started to show yesterday. I haven’t seen a huge rally from BTC during my time in crypto yet, but I get the sense this will change over the next couple of weeks. Anyone still buying right now should be buying BTC and then converting to other coins later, regardless of whether their USD valuations have increased. Trading pairs against BTC are about to get smashed for a couple of weeks at least (I still expect ETH likely gets close or above ATHs against USD during this time).

Surely Link is about to have its turn

View attachment 1238911
I bloody hope so. It's taking up a fairly large % of my holdings and I'm tired of it just dumping when BTC sneezes and then the long, slow meandering just to get back to $30. Same with DOT but at least it shows signs of wanting to run. LINK is like an 88YO chronic asthma sufferer who can barely get out of bed without needing a nap.

I bloody hope so. It's taking up a fairly large % of my holdings and I'm tired of it just dumping when BTC sneezes and then the long, slow meandering just to get back to $30. Same with DOT but at least it shows signs of wanting to run. LINK is like an 88YO chronic asthma sufferer who can barely get out of bed without needing a nap.
Been holding adding long time and at times I’m like * u. Lol

Yep, started to show yesterday. I haven’t seen a huge rally from BTC during my time in crypto yet, but I get the sense this will change over the next couple of weeks. Anyone still buying right now should be buying BTC and then converting to other coins later, regardless of whether their USD valuations have increased. Trading pairs against BTC are about to get smashed for a couple of weeks at least (I still expect ETH likely gets close or above ATHs against USD during this time).
Do you think it's a good idea to trade in your alts to btc, or just hold and ride it out? I have zero btc or eth.

Do you think it's a good idea to trade in your alts to btc, or just hold and ride it out? I have zero btc or eth.
Not at this stage, but if you have any fiat spare I would be going BTC. The biggest gains against USD will still be with alts, it’s just that their strength against BTC will likely decrease over the next few weeks.

Trying to buy NFTs on the Solana network has been a nightmare the last few days. Turned me right off them.
However it shows it's still extremely early for Solana with alot of upside still to come in the future imo.

Does anyone have an opinion on the NFT space?
I've been playing around with it a little and it feels alot like a bubble right now. The minting/floor price is so much lower for the possible returns when sold on the secondary market, there are projects that are clear scams, there are about 10 projects dropping per day each system (eth, sol, ada), and almost every project these days you have to try get on a pre sale to be able to mint because there is way too much demand compared to supply.
I'm obviously only mainly referring to the collection/community drops as there are other 'types' of NFTs.
I think they have a huge role in the future but I'm just extremely cautious about buying at the moment.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I recently bought a few Zedrun horses with my brother as it was a bit different and I liked the idea.

I did try looking at a few other NFT’s and I agree, a lot of it seems a little silly.

We had to buy our horses with WETH and my brother was slightly put off by the process until he figured it out. I guess it’s still early days but there’s a lot of improvement needed.

I recently bought a few Zedrun horses with my brother as it was a bit different and I liked the idea.

I did try looking at a few other NFT’s and I agree, a lot of it seems a little silly.

We had to buy our horses with WETH and my brother was slightly put off by the process until he figured it out. I guess it’s still early days but there’s a lot of improvement needed.
This whole process reminds me of when I first heard about bitcoin back in 2010 and I decided not to buy any because the process was too hard and I couldn't be bothered.

I was fresh out of high school back then so had no idea about investing (thanks extremely flawed schooling system).
Now that I have some knowledge, I understand the importance of getting in early and that a hard barrier to entry is a possible sign that you are in the extremely early stages, so I will keep putting in the effort this time around.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What sort of price range are you thinking it can hit?
If the parachain auctions launch this year and go well, I can’t see why a SOL type run isn’t possible. Without that, I’m not sure it goes more than 2x from here. Gavin Wood is very well connected to a number of big institutional players, he appears to understand both the technical and financial side of crypto, similar to SBF.

1632113735466.png

ETH and XRP now officially into a bear market.
BTC and crypto as a whole on the cusp of it.

This is where crypto investing gets interesting, as making money isn't easy in a bear market and investor resolve is tested in ways that simply don't happen when things are green and happy. We're about to find out who's been swimming naked.

Last edited:
View attachment 1240954

ETH and XRP now officially into a bear market.
BTC and crypto as a whole on the cusp of it.

This is where crypto investing gets interesting, as making money isn't easy in a bear market and investor resolve is tested in ways that simply don't happen when things are green and happy. We're about to find out who's been swimming naked.
🥱

Remove this Banner Ad

Back