Curses, Hoodoos and Superstitions

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Deledio: "I asked Wayne for the lowest possible number - I don't like carrying around a big heavy number on my back"

Hmmmmm...

We are yet to win against Collingwood no matter how bad their form is
How long does that have to go on before it becomes a genuine curse? Right now I'm thinking it hasn't gotten that far yet. We beat a lot of teams for the first time in 2016. We couldn't get the job done against Collingwood or West Coast, but I do expect that to change in 2017.

How long does that have to go on before it becomes a genuine curse? Right now I'm thinking it hasn't gotten that far yet. We beat a lot of teams for the first time in 2016. We couldn't get the job done against Collingwood or West Coast, but I do expect that to change in 2017.
Yeah but the pies were crap this year and we still couldnt get it done.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yeah but the pies were crap this year and we still couldnt get it done.

Too small a sample size in my opinion. Give it another twelve months and lets revisit it. Not a curse as much as a bad day or two...

Feels like it is already. Probably just worse due to the eddie factor.

Yeah. Out of the two remaining clubs we haven't beaten, I have no ill feelings towards West Coast; Collingwood on the other hand can GAGF! It'll be so sweet when we beat that mob. Hopefully it's a belting!

The last two seasons we have been genuinely competitive against most teams and therefore it is realistic to expect that we put in a good show. Our first realistic chance at beating West Coast was this year and we went damn close. I think we had a shot against Collingwood this year but we decided it was our annual "Confuse training with Game Day at Spotless" (see also Swans 2015 and Richmond 2014) because they didn't show up after quarter time.

Or we could say Cloke's glove was a Horcrux and therefore we lost.

Another reason could be that we were strategically losing to Collingwood in order to stave off the inevitable claw back of concessions. Since our performance against everyone else has been assessed by the (V)AFL as being too good, that cunning plan has not worked. This means nothing should stop us winning against the Pies in the future, except every other aforementioned curse. Are we playing them in Indigenous Round? If so, we're gone.

But in terms of winning and losing, I am most concerned that we have been cursed by Melbourne for some bizarre reason. We've lost our last two against them and we damn well shouldn't have on paper.

Am bumping the thread for two reasons:

1. The indigenous curse is broken

2. There is a new curse "Share a house with Josh Kelly"

Apparently he has shared with Boyd, Treloar and Steele.

Anyone know his living arrangements this year?
:cool:Very comfortable I hope

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back