Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

I will fully admit I was wrong about Dak being s**t. Though I also admit most of that was born of salt from Romo getting usurped in a year where we could have won it all.

Not keen on going fron Monday night division game to the 1pm early sunday game.
Hopefully it being at home will help and it's not a slow start
If we are serious we should smashing the Panthers at home with a banged up McCaffery who looks likely to miss.

Must win game at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some bad officiating away from a 3-0 start, looking very promising with the defense comming along.

Diggs and Parsons, wow

Bad clock management is what cost us in the end against Tampa. The Chargers win looking better by the day.

Bad clock management is what cost us in the end against Tampa. The Chargers win looking better by the day.
True but had Greg just kicked straight the clock was a non issue. Gotta feeling Greg is gunna cost us at a really important time and he missed an extra point today as well.

Kickers who are just automatic are worth Gold.

True but had Greg just kicked straight the clock was a non issue. Gotta feeling Greg is gunna cost us at a really important time and he missed an extra point today as well.

Kickers who are just automatic are worth Gold.

The miss today was a shocker.

If we are serious we should smashing the Panthers at home with a banged up McCaffery who looks likely to miss.

Must win game at home.
Yeah we should but it just feels prime for a "smelt our own farts" Carolina 21-0 first quarter.
Hopefully we won't be so flaky.

I really liked what Schultz brought to the team. Tight end has been a bit of a gap since Witten left the first time.
Still a liability regarding blocking ability.

Do Cowboys have their next head coach on staff?

Posted by Charean Williams on September 29, 2021, 9:22 PM EDT

Dallas-Fort Worth became all aflutter after Tony Romo said he expects one of his former backups to become a head coach next season.

“Kellen Moore is going to be a head coach next year,” Romo said during the Cowboys-Chargers broadcast on CBS. “Someone is going to pick him up. I think it’s about his time.”

It’s more likely the Cowboys pay their offensive coordinator handsomely to stay as the head coach in waiting.

In 2007, the Cowboys hired Jason Garrett as offensive coordinator before they hired Wade Phillips as head coach. A year later, Garrett received offers to become the head coach of the Ravens and Falcons and turned down both. He became the Cowboys’ head coach in the middle of the 2010 season.

The Cowboys kept Moore as offensive coordinator in 2020 after hiring Mike McCarthy, who gave up play-calling duties for the first time in his head coaching career last season. (It’s anybody’s guess whether that was by choice as McCarthy was adamant in Green Bay that he would never give up play-calling duties.)
The Cowboys finished with the most yards in the NFL in 2019 in Moore’s first season calling plays, and Dak Prescott was leading the league in passing yards last season when an ankle injury ended the quarterback’s season in Week 5. So Moore has established a track record that already has drawn attention.

Moore was a candidate for head coaching jobs with the Eagles and Boise State in the offseason. The Eagles hired Nick Sirianni, and after the Cowboys’ 41-21 blowout of the Eagles on Monday, Moore was asked if wanted to show Philadelphia what it was missing.

“No, I’m good,” Moore responded, via Jon Machota of TheAthletic.com. “I love it here.”

Moore, 33, fits the trend of NFL teams seeking young offensive minds to take the reins. Sean McVay (35), Kevin Stefanski (39), Matt LaFleur (41) and Kyle Shanahan (41) have opened the door for Moore.

The Cowboys rank fifth in total offense and sixth in scoring this season.

“Once we get into the season, I don’t care about it,” Moore said. “In the offseason, when those opportunities present themselves, if they do, awesome. I’d love that opportunity one day, but we’ll see where that takes us.”

McCarthy, who has some questionable clock management decisions and an 8-11 record in his time in Dallas, should take note: Phillips kept his job by winning in the regular season, with the Cowboys going 13-3, 9-7 and 11-5 in his first three seasons. (They were 1-2 in the postseason.) A 1-7 start in 2010 made it easy for Jerry Jones to move on to Garrett.

Moore is the most over rated campaigner ever.

I do not get the love and let him walk into a HC gig far from Dallas. I also remember Garret getting similar attention…. 🧐😂🥱

Could see the ascendency start to change late in the 2nd but did not see that 3rd coming. Sensational. Went through the motions in the last. Terrible call with the personal foul - they need to be reviewed. Also wasn’t happy with the decision to not take the penalty in the 2nd as 2nd and 27 backed up is better than 3 and 12 (nothing Carolina was successful on a lot of 3rd downs early).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back