Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Greg Zuerlein's recent struggles have "absolutely" altered the team's game plan.
“He’s a sound kicker, experienced kicker, our guys are all sensitive about how to approach the game," Jones said. “If a better alternative was out there, we’d be using it. Everything is at stake.” Oof. Zuerlein made 82.9 percent of his field goals in the regular season, which is actually higher than his career conversion rate (he's made 16 of his past 18 attempts). He's also whiffed on six extra points this season, including one last week against the Eagles. Perhaps the team will be more aggressive on fourth downs in field goals range this postseason if they don't trust Zuerlein to come through in the clutch. Jerry's comments surely won't do much for the veteran's confidence.

Jerry Jones is a cancer in human form.

It's insane how undisciplined his teams are.
Jerry ain't a coach. You can blame him for a lot but surely that is on the coaches.

Honestly not surprised at all. There was a reason everyone was tipping the 49ers. Defense started slow and the offense never got going. Stupid penalty after stupid penalty didn't help. Randy Gregory should be cut immediately for that stupid defensive hold.

This team keeps finding new ways to let me down.

Does McCarthy get another year? Will be interesting to see what JJ does. To be honest, if he fires McCarthy just to keep Moore in the building, I'll be livid. Moore is nowhere near ready for a HC gig, still has a long way to go to figure it out as an OC if you ask me.

Yeah Moore gets props cause he ain't Garrett. We couldn't beat zone defenses since that Denver game, whether that was on Moore or Dak I guess we find out next year if Kellan goes

Just another typical playoff game and I knew we would lose as we are just to up and down coupled with incredibly stupid.

What’s our draft pick number now??

This team keeps finding new ways to let me down.

Does McCarthy get another year? Will be interesting to see what JJ does. To be honest, if he fires McCarthy just to keep Moore in the building, I'll be livid. Moore is nowhere near ready for a HC gig, still has a long way to go to figure it out as an OC if you ask me.

I think both McCarthy and Moore need to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep and promote Quinn to HC.

Do it Jerry.

Usually he talks big but then doesn’t act. Time to actually enforce standards.

Took way too long to move on Garrett so I’d be surprised to see him pull the trigger on MCCarthy after 2 years, but we have a window here that we can’t blow.

I don't know where to find stats to validate my eyes, but they seemed to have a massive amount of yardage post contact - and that tells me we didn't want it enough to put on strong tackles

Yep and promote Quinn to HC.

Do it Jerry.

Usually he talks big but then doesn’t act. Time to actually enforce standards.

Took way too long to move on Garrett so I’d be surprised to see him pull the trigger on MCCarthy after 2 years, but we have a window here that we can’t blow.
Yep even though it could be harsh on McCarthy he hasn’t been overly impressive especially with clock management etc. When he was successful at GB he had Rodgers so it is hard to judge how good he really is.

Not to mention the statement that it sends that mediocrity is not going to tolerated.

I don't know where to find stats to validate my eyes, but they seemed to have a massive amount of yardage post contact - and that tells me we didn't want it enough to put on strong tackles
We weren’t switched on from the opening drive and that is purely on coaching if the players aren’t fired up and ready to play.

I could take or leave McCarthy - non-plussed on either direction.
Moore on the other hand I'd actually be happy to see go - I think with the talent on our roster, a more "meat and potatoes" OC would be better for the team. Our issue isn't the quality of plays when they work, its the consistency.

Zuerlin can go too btw

There comes a point in time where players should be able to motivate themselves as pros, particularly for a playoff game, im not sure I can blame todays slow start on McCarthy. Feels like a cheap out.

There comes a point in time where players should be able to motivate themselves as pros, particularly for a playoff game, im not sure I can blame todays slow start on McCarthy. Feels like a cheap out.
Easy as a nuetral though to see that point of view. When you have supported this team for over 30 years and seen many failings lately you tend to know what needs to be done.

Easy as a nuetral though to see that point of view. When you have supported this team for over 30 years and seen many failings lately you tend to know what needs to be done.

I just hate how everyone blames coaches, happens in every sport, players need to take the baulk of responsibility for slow starts, shouldn't need words to get you going. Its a pet peeve of mine. I always have a crack at fellow supporters on the Melbourne board when they say similar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back