Roast Dane Rampe - broken arm

Remove this Banner Ad

It does feel like a cycle. Even years GF. Odd years smashed by injury.

On the upside: Allir back next week. AJ on track to be back in second half of the year. The 3Ms - Melican, Marsh, Maibaum - aren't bad.
Except at least those years the injuries came later. This year the injuries are hitting hard early on.

Sir Dane punished himself for his game on Saturday. It's that kind of bravery and noble self-sacrifice that means he will come back better than ever.
Suggest we go with Twinkletoes Rampe for a while...or Numbat in lieu of Sir Dane.

Suggest we go with Twinkletoes Rampe for a while...or Numbat in lieu of Sir Dane.

I've identified an anonymous source who has shown me footage of the fall in question. I can confirm he fell in the most majestic manner imaginable and only used his arm to shield his epic moustache from being damaged by the concrete. All of this is to say it was an honourable injury, and he did it with dignity. If that doesn't qualify retaining his Knighthood, I don't know what does.

I've identified an anonymous source who has shown me footage of the fall in question. I can confirm he fell in the most majestic manner imaginable and only used his arm to shield his epic moustache from being damaged by the concrete. All of this is to say it was an honourable injury, and he did it with dignity. If that doesn't qualify retaining his Knighthood, I don't know what does.

I actually admire you for standing by your man, at least you're loyal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh far out! I am not one of those "lose round 1, season over" type people by any means but with the loss over the weekend and now this I am feeling kinda flat. I was really hoping the season would start on a positive note considering how last season ended. Just not feeling excited by this season at the moment.

Aliir Aliir will save us. Melican will/may give us something to cheer, and maybe Talia will get his redemption.

This was going to be a scratchy first month even without Sir Dane's misshap. Plenty of time for him to get back and drive us into contention.

Sets up the Doggies for a nice shock this Friday.

One difference would be the AFL influenced umpiring despise us where they prefer a good fairytale.
It's pure fairytale. Perennial top 4 league pet who has fallen out of favour and become premiership bridesmaid topples down the ladder to just make the finals then rises from the ashes to grab the cup with a ragtag group of lovable misfits. This could be the plot to D4 :The Mighty Ducks.

It's pure fairytale. Perennial top 4 league pet who has fallen out of favour and become premiership bridesmaid topples down the ladder to just make the finals then rises from the ashes to grab the cup with a ragtag group of lovable misfits. This could be the plot to D4 :The Mighty Ducks.

Here here. But instead of the Bravedogs it'll be the Shafted Swans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back