Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll go with (B) Eddie. Your puerile attempts to provide insight just furthers your current standing in the community.
Mate, I don't know what you're trying to say with "puerile attempts". I'm just chucking up random thoughts!
"Current standing in the community", to be honest, I don't really care what my standing on here is. Haven't you figured that out yet? :)

True... but when Dangerfield left, Gore was lurking in his shadows...
That's one hell of a gory detail.

Still, I kind of feel sorry for him. He's gone down in AFL history as the player used to blur the value we received for Dangerfield and not much else really, in my opinion.

Mate, I don't know what you're trying to say with "puerile attempts". I'm just chucking up random thoughts!
"Current standing in the community", to be honest, I don't really care what my standing on here is. Haven't you figured that out yet? :)
You tried to draw a link between past players that have left and the players that filled the subsequent holes ...

Davis --- Talia
Lever --- Doedee
Dangerfield --- Greenwood
McGovern --- Fogarty

Puerile was me trying to put it nicely.

From what little I see of you around these parts you seem to see yourself as an authority on many aspects of our club and AFL in general, but you appear to the only one with this view. That was the "standing" I was referring to.

Oh, and I'm not your mate. Tiger.

You tried to draw a link between past players that have left and the players that filled the subsequent holes ...

Davis --- Talia
Lever --- Doedee
McGovern --- Fogarty

From what little I see of you around these parts you seem to see yourself as an authority on many aspects of our club and AFL in general, but you appear to the only one with this view. That was the "standing" I was referring to.

Hypocrite much?
How about your "puerile" attempt at denigrating a fellow poster?
I hope your possible belief that you may have got 'one up' on a poster, puts you in a better and less puerile mood.
Ohh... I know! You're trying to take over from Sanders. Unfortunately for you, compared to him, you come out as a mere apprentice.
:rainbow:

Hypocrite much?
I hope your possible belief that you may have got 'one up' on a poster, puts you in a better and less puerile mood.
Ohh... I know! You're trying to take over from Sanders. Unfortunately for you, compared to him, you come out as a mere apprentice.
The problem how I see it is that things can be taken so out of context in this forum. ;)

Davis --- Talia
Lever --- Doedee
McGovern --- Fogarty

Boo hoo, I no longer have an online mate! :rolleyes:

The problem how I see it is that things can be taken so out of context in this forum. ;)
You probably should ask yourself why so many of your posts are supposedly taken out of context. ;)

I understood your point... yet you couldn't see mine.

Hypocrite much?

A fellow poster? Lel.

Sent from my Armor_X using Tapatalk

You probably should ask yourself why so many of your posts are supposedly taken out of context. ;)

I understood your point... yet you couldn't see mine.
Kane, I understand your point, and thanks for being civil about it. It's a silly repeated cycle of trashing the "whipping boy" by a select few and it sways people's attitudes about the members.

Like I said previously, your point is more a tangent to what I was saying. "lurking in the shadows" meaning (from my point) is that the player is ready to play AFL but just not playing regularly due to not a spot opening up for him.
With the Gore reference, you can't exactly say he was ready for AFL action, because he hadn't shown anything overly exciting in the SANFL to suggest he was ready for a regular spot!

Kane, I understand your point, and thanks for being civil about it. It's a silly repeated cycle of trashing the "whipping boy" by a select few and it sways people's attitudes about the members.

Like I said previously, your point is more a tangent to what I was saying. "lurking in the shadows" meaning (from my point) is that the player is ready to play AFL but just not playing regularly due to not a spot opening up for him.
With the Gore reference, you can't exactly say he was ready for AFL action, because he hadn't shown anything overly exciting in the SANFL to suggest he was ready for a regular spot!
My point was that whilst we have done a good job of replacing most players who have left, we haven't been able to replace them all as I would have liked.

Imagine if we had Dangerfield in the 2017 grand final...

My point was that whilst we have done a good job of replacing most players who have left, we haven't been able to replace them all as I would have liked.

Imagine if we had Dangerfield in the 2017 grand final...
Well this is a Fogarty thread, and I was trying to paint a pretty picture for him in 2019.
I genuinely feel he's going to surprise a few more fans next year. That's really what I was trying to say, in a round about way.

Well this is a Fogarty thread, and I was trying to paint a pretty picture for him in 2019.
I genuinely feel he's going to surprise a few more fans next year. That's really what I was trying to say, in a round about way.
That we can agree on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does he have the tank yet though?

Or will he? He had a number of great moments last year, but looked wrecked by the final quarters and didn't get near it much.

Tank == consistency of contribution.

Tank for what?

If you mean midfield time then I'd doubt he would until at the very least, next season. Hopefully he finds a way to contribute for greater periods this year though

Hell no, just to like, play a consistent 4 quarters.

Probably year 3. If we get 15 games out of him this season then he will be tracking at around 50 games after 3 years which is when he should come into his own and start dominating games. We have to be realistic about his output in the next season or two, he will probably have a few really good games but more than likely will have more quiet ones as well as he finds his place.

If had Dangerfield we wouldn't have made the GF....

Or we win the GF just due to the extra amount of star power in our midfield.

Really, we don't know what Danger would have done to us.

Or we win the GF just due to the extra amount of star power in our midfield.

Really, we don't know what Danger would have done to us.
Based on what level of success he has had?

Go back and watch the last quarter of the Hawthorn prelim. He almost drags us over the line, but in the last 5 minutes he absolutely costs us the game. He was physically spent, but refused to move out of the middle. We then got smashed in the middle on the crucial clearances. 100% his fault.

Based on what level of success he has had?

Go back and watch the last quarter of the Hawthorn prelim. He almost drags us over the line, but in the last 5 minutes he absolutely costs us the game. He was physically spent, but refused to move out of the middle. We then got smashed in the middle on the crucial clearances. 100% his fault.
You try tell Danger he’s not playing in the midfield.

Back