Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If he travels he has to play

Otherwise send Douglas
He should grab the captain by the dodgy elbow and say "All good skip, my time now"

Agreed though, if he travels and doesn't play it's mindless.

And I guess we will see come years end whether we value him.

I suspect we value him quite highly, however we've pigeonholed him into the 1 spot. Probably the spot he's likely best in the future, but that doesn't mean we can't find another one.

Of course- a week with no football is the worst case.

And that's why it's what we'll do to him.
Other than Jones once we've been pretty good at having the oldies held back, let's hope that small trend continues.

Aw yeah.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Best South Australian in the draft

Tomorrows%20Heroes%2019%20Darcy%20Fogarty.jpg

From Knightmare 's phantom draft on ESPN: http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/21381638/knightmare-november-phantom-draft-first-three-rounds

4 North Melbourne then later 6 Collingwood - Darcy Fogarty
Height, Weight:
192cm, 95kg
Summary Profile: Powerful, but athletic utility with clean skills. If not for an injury-riddled 2017 he might be in the pick one conversation.

From Brett Anderson on SEN https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/11/20/brett-andersons-2017-afl-mock-draft/

1497089401143.jpg

6. Collingwood
Darcy FOGARTY
25-Sep-99 | 191.9cm | 94.5kg | Glenelg

The Magpies could go a number of ways with their first selection but opt for the talented South Australian inb a real toss of the coin. If Brayshaw falls through he could be the man, while they'll also look long and hard at Jaidyn Stephenson and Aaron Naughton. They've also been linked to Nathan Murphy. The whisper that has been doing the rounds in recent days is that they could take Ed Richards – that would throw things into chaos!
Who else? Andrew Brayshaw, Aaron Naughton, Jaidyn Stephenson, Nathan Murphy, Ed Richards

(what a crap discussion of the player - the whole paragraph is bet-hedging, for simplicity i've highlighted the bits discussing the player in green)

96da032d5c39ef794f1e74a32b734ade

From Bishop 's mock draft: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bishops-2017-draft-thread.1162459/

Pick 5: Fremantle – Darcy FOGARTY

General Forward (Glenelg/South Australia)
05/09/1999 | 191.9cm | 94.5kg

Scouting notes: Strongly built forward that can push into the midfield. Played up forward for South Australia in last year’s Under 18 Championships booting seven goals. Fogarty played a strong game in the midfield for Glenelg in their finals last year and has been tried as a third tall defender at stages throughout 2017. Has the ability to kick off either foot and can lay bone-crunching tackles. He is more of a third tall than an inside midfielder at this stage. Was ruled out for the season with a meniscus tear in his knee.

In the mix: Few whispers suggesting that Cerra won’t be a Fremantle player which leaves the decision down to probably Fogarty or Naughton.

From zookota123 's mock draft: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/zookotas-2017-afl-phantom-draft-round-1-2.1180832/

Pick 10 Carlton- Darcy Fogarty- Utility players like Darcy don't come around too often and when they do you should pounce. I haven't seen aggression in a player like Darcy in a very long time. It is a positive aggression that he uses well in his advantage for his gameplay. His balance is also impeccable and reminds me of Dustin Martin when he fends people off when the ball is in his hands and being tackled by three players at once and still standing on his feet delivering the ball with ease and no strain in his face making it look easy. He reminds me of a pitbull dog and will go attack that ball using his smarts,skill and fast pace evasiveness while showing great courage. In 2016 he was phenomenal and my clear number 1 for this years draft, but he suffered a knee injury this year which impacted on his whole year. I saw one of his videos this year with him talking about his footy and he is very mature and a level headed young man. He understood that he had a knee injury and that he could play without having any pain while his knee was strapped, but he also knew he could cause more damage to his knee if he over performed. He was in the catch 22 where he had to perform well to show recruiters his worth. If you are taking the best player in the draft and disregarding a teams needs than Darcy would be my clear choice and being a utility who could be an elite star for a long time. Look at past drafts with utility players such as Stringer, Bontempelli, Fyfe. Don't be surprised if he gets a free pass to go to Adelaide at pick 12.

Multiple references to him being able to push into the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, it's only removed our ability to do that if we insist on our goal being to take that team that has lost 5 home games into a finals series because 'anything can happen'.
You know, the players might also want to make finals.

Just saying, becuase we clearly haven't been ruthless enough in the last off season.

We can probably judge just how deep that desire burns from what's been produced, can't we?

But leaving that aside, if you gave the players who are not the old stagers that need to be replaced a choice between:

1) Finals for the last time in a long time with a team of over the hills; or

2) Finals played with some young players with upside, and some hope for the future, I'd bet they'd choose the latter.

I hope the starvation mode Fog is going through will make him doubly hungry to play next year. Like Doedee in his third year pulling out a blinder (in 2018), Fog can possibly do the same in 2020.

Can see him play a role similar to McGov next year. Hopefully will be playing alongside Tex instead of being a Tex substitute.

Just saying, becuase we clearly haven't been ruthless enough in the last off season.

It's amazing how our selection committee, past AFC coaches and a good number on here equate picking a couple of inexperienced players equals losing (not making finals) whereas playing Dougie for 5 too many games and Eddie way out of form is looked on as acceptable because they are experienced.

Very strange indeed.

It's generally accepted to get players up to speed asap, you need to pump AFL games into them. We prefer to gift games to players past it instead of our future.

I hope the starvation mode Fog is going through will make him doubly hungry to play next year. Like Doedee in his third year pulling out a blinder (in 2018), Fog can possibly do the same in 2020.

Can see him play a role similar to McGov next year. Hopefully will be playing alongside Tex instead of being a Tex substitute.
This is definitely possible. However, both Tex and Fog need to stay out of the weights room.

It's amazing how our selection committee, past AFC coaches and a good number on here equate picking a couple of inexperienced players equals losing (not making finals) whereas playing Dougie for 5 too many games and Eddie way out of form is looked on as acceptable because they are experienced.

Very strange indeed.

It's generally accepted to get players up to speed asap, you need to pump AFL games into them. We prefer to gift games to players past it instead of our future.
Bickleys stance on this is just odd. So is Rowies now i think about it.

Missed Sen today so didn't hear what Kym Dillon had to say.

Back