Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing fog needs to stop doing immediately is going for rugby league tries. He isn't playing rugby league. Why hasn't he been instructed to bloody release the ball and not hang onto it. It's as though he has it and no one else is getting it. The problem with that is that there is a rule called holding the ball. Release the ball FFS. He has little footy IQ.

One thing fog needs to stop doing immediately is going for rugby league tries. He isn't playing rugby league. Why hasn't he been instructed to bloody release the ball and not hang onto it. It's as though he has it and no one else is getting it. The problem with that is that there is a rule called holding the ball. Release the ball FFS. He has little footy IQ.
He did it once

He did it once
He does it on multiple occasions. He gets the ball and runs with it thinking he's in a scrum. Seriously he would be better off playing union. Each contest for him is a test of strength. There are team mates to use. Use them.

Nah have seen him on many occasions win the ball and give off,can’t agree with you on this one
Not saying he doesn't give it off when he has no one around him but when he is in a pack situation such as a ball up too often he want to prove his strength taking on multiple opponents. He has no finesse in his game. I just wonder what he's being instructed to do in these situations as it's not working.

Pretty clear that the rugby try he attempted last night was because he was incredibly frustrated that he's barely touched the pill again. He has mentally checked out.

Look, despite being an unabashed fanboi of Fog, I absolutely acknowledge he's got to start doing more - no shots on goal for 2 weeks just doesn't cut the mustard.

But we've also got to start using him when we can. To have our best set shot open 45 metres out, and ignore him to (once again) put the ball on the head of Tex in the goal square is just plain dumb.

There is nothing the kid can do about that.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

His teammates obviously don't have faith in him and aren't passing to him. I feel like Fog isn't getting enough separation from his opponent to warrant it either - just too slow.

Look, despite being an unabashed fanboi of Fog, I absolutely acknowledge he's got to start doing more - no shots on goal for 2 weeks just doesn't cut the mustard.

But we've also got to start using him when we can. To have our best set shot open 45 metres out, and ignore him to (once again) put the ball on the head of Tex in the goal square is just plain dumb.

cb3fc49f7c62548bc20b7d6c5270a4a3.gif

That's our gameplan in a nutshell
Ignore numerous open forwards and bomb it to the disadvantage of our contested forward
And that's from one of our most experienced players, not a youngster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Static.
At the edge of his range (Which Fogarty has repeatedly demonstrated he does not know or care about.)
In Thilthorpe-to-Sloane territory by the time the St Kilda player he is standing behind moves to block the kick to Rowe.
Obstructing Smith's view and kick to another good option in Keays (also static) while he's at it.

His teammates obviously don't have faith in him and aren't passing to him. I feel like Fog isn't getting enough separation from his opponent to warrant it either - just too slow.
his team mates obviously dont have faith in any of our forwards… or maybe they have far too much faith in them and think that wildly kicking it into our forard line to no one in particular 9 times out of 10 is exactly the type of delivery that our forwards should be thriving on?..

I’ve been watching a fair bit of footy this year and I dont see many other teams with the same garbage forward entry plan.. port maybe in their first 5 weeks?, their forward entries in those 5 weeks were utterly atrocious.. WC eagles?.. s**t I reacon even North deliver it better to their forwards…

imagine being a young player trying to develop your forward craft with the complete chaos balls that have constantly come into our forward line over the past 3 seasons.. you’d never know whats coming.. do you lead?.. do you hang back?.. is it coming in high?.. s**t, it could end up being a grubber kick along the ground if its ben keays firing it in.

and as for smithers.. what has happened to his kicking?.. he had one of the most elite boots in the comp.. now he’s a complete hack.

jordan dawson, chayce jones, brayden cook, josh rachele and maybe sholl are about the only blokes you’d bet your house on to, more often than not, hit a target.

his team mates obviously dont have faith in any of our forwards… or maybe they have far too much faith in them and think that wildly kicking it into our forard line to no one in particular 9 times out of 10 is exactly the type of delivery that our forwards should be thriving on?..

I’ve been watching a fair bit of footy this year and I dont see many other teams with the same garbage forward entry plan.. port maybe in their first 5 weeks?, their forward entries in those 5 weeks were utterly atrocious.. WC eagles?.. s**t I reacon even North deliver it better to their forwards…

imagine being a young player trying to develop your forward craft with the complete chaos balls that have constantly come into our forward line over the past 3 seasons.. you’d never know whats coming.. do you lead?.. do you hang back?.. is it coming in high?.. s**t, it could end up being a grubber kick along the ground if its ben keays firing it in.

and as for smithers.. what has happened to his kicking?.. he had one of the most elite boots in the comp.. now he’s a complete hack.

jordan dawson, chayce jones, brayden cook, josh rachele and maybe sholl are about the only blokes you’d bet your house on to, more often than not, hit a target.

Jones? The bloke who couldn't hit a basic 15m kick?... He does that frequently. Sholl more often than not will hit a target.

Our forward entries were more abysmal than usual and they're never great to begin with. Our mids were happy to pass to Tex when he was getting an absolute bath, Fog didn't get a look in til later in the game and even then moreso because there wasn't other options. If you're a mid are you going to pass to a teammate who has a defender right behind them? Fog is just too slow to create space or get into it freely and isn't making up for it in other ways.

Jones? The bloke who couldn't hit a basic 15m kick?... He does that frequently. Sholl more often than not will hit a target.
every player, even blokes like dawson does one or two shite kicks a game.. its why i wrote “more often than not”.. think Dawson had a couple of howlers last night.

but jones more often than not hits his targets..

its the keays/laird/smiths and a couple of the younger lads (that are still finding their feet so its somewhat acceptable) that seem to consistently miss targets or simply rush kick and hope..

actually Rowe ain’t a bad field kick.. and Tex, fog and TT when they get up the ground into the middle or out on the wings are normally bloody good field kicks..

i would like to see Parnell to come in soon.. his boot is elite.

We also had Rowe leading 35m out from goal directly at him.

******* Brodie Smith. Didn't even look.
Smiths short kicking game is crap that’s s why he always goes for the long kick . His kicking style is wrong for the pinpoint short kicks . Hope the coaches show this vision to the team this week as we too often do this just bang it long when with a little composure we could have gone shorter and found a man on the lead or on his own inside the 50 arc.

I remember being annoyed during this forward entry, but couldn’t see properly who were the free players. This HAS to be highlighted to the team. You can only blame Fog if he’s getting balls delivered to him, but not to kick to him while he’s free within 50m of goal, and instead kicking to Tex in a one on one contest, is a big DISGRACE.

Back