Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The bigfooty board, where Vader spends pages trying to discredit Fog's goals based upon being on Jones being small, a point so bad it doesn't withstand watching like three minutes of the game to realise that he got his first from a pack mark over Port's ruckman, all so we can work out whether this is part of the arbitrary boundaries of 'new good good new Fog' or 'new bad good new bad Fog'.

Because if we keep waffling on with that nonsense people will totally forget that Vader's assessment was that he had no AFL traits.

Sweet has similar hair colour to Jones, but a foot and a half taller.....

Vader

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Thought Fog attacked the ball well all game and marking was good for the most part. The thing that stood out was the play where he had a shot at 50m out on a tight angle..
He went to dummied his kick on the right leg, then swerved to his left and kicking it on his left from around 48m out and nearly got the goal if not for the opposition defender getting back to block the score, just by the barest of margin.
That was literally Tex-like, where very few big forwards can do that kind of two-legged craft. It’s a reminder that he’s deadly anywhere from within the 50m zone. The talent is definitely there, just needs to narrow his focus on getting more of the ball.

Sweet has similar hair colour to Jones, but a foot and a half taller.....

Vader

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You aren't suggesting that Sweet was on FOG?

Pause it at 7, 8, 9 seconds and you can see the hapless Jones right behind FOG. Jones was on FOG for the first 4 minutes of the game until FOG kicked 2 on him and the change was made.

The bigfooty board, where Vader spends pages trying to discredit Fog's goals based upon being on Jones being small, a point so bad it doesn't withstand watching like three minutes of the game to realise that he got his first from a pack mark over Port's ruckman, all so we can work out whether this is part of the arbitrary boundaries of 'new good good new Fog' or 'new bad good new bad Fog'.

Because if we keep waffling on with that nonsense people will totally forget that Vader's assessment was that he had no AFL traits.

It's a polarizing thread thats for sure.

Because on the other side of the coin we have posters celebrating his 2 goal 14 touch game by comparing him to Wayne Carey.

His game against Port should be his standard. His first 7 games were sub standard.

You aren't suggesting that Sweet was on FOG?

Pause it at 7, 8, 9 seconds and you can see the hapless Jones right behind FOG. Jones was on FOG for the first 4 minutes of the game until FOG kicked 2 on him and the change was made.

Yes but the contested mark was taken with Jones and Sweet sandwiching Fog.....

Yes but the contested mark was taken with Jones and Sweet sandwiching Fog.....

It was a great mark. No doubt. And it doesn't diminish what FOG did just because Jones was on him.

But you can't deny Jones is a s**t defender and is only 186cm compared to FOG. It was a silly matchup by Hinkley and on that backfired. Jones was on FOG for the first 4 minutes of the game and FOG took two great marks and kicked 2 goals on him.

Once Hinkley moved Ratugolea - I thought it was a great move by Nicks to then have FOG go up the ground and take away Ports best and tallest defender so he couldn't impact inside defensive 50 as much.

How many one on ones where the ball was directed to Fog did Rat beat him?

There were a few inside 50's in the 3rd quarter where RAT got the better of FOG.

There was one where Sholl took the mark played on and kicked toward the boundary line. RAT closed and spoiled out of bounds.

Just prior to the Rankine Banana goal - Soligo kicks to a leading FOG inside 50 and spoils from behind.

Ball kicked inside 50 and FOG / RAT wrestle and FOG gives away the free kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No - but we should expect more than 8 contested marks in his previous 10 games.

I don't disagree, but what's the point here? If he plays a good game the important thing id that's actually just incriminating and more fuel for complaining?

No one has suggested that they've been over the moon with his form. I've been saying that. I suspect people just don't think he's one of the bigger concerns that we have, with everything we know. Why that seems to get you so worked up is beyond me.

Last edited:
There were a few inside 50's in the 3rd quarter where RAT got the better of FOG.

There was one where Sholl took the mark played on and kicked toward the boundary line. RAT closed and spoiled out of bounds.

Just prior to the Rankine Banana goal - Soligo kicks to a leading FOG inside 50 and spoils from behind.

Ball kicked inside 50 and FOG / RAT wrestle and FOG gives away the free kick.

That free was soft as though.

I don't disagree, but what's the point here?

The point is like anything on this board. Discussion.

The same way we discuss the whipping boys - this thread is about discussing the golden child.

If he plays a good game the important thing that's actually just incriminating and more fuel for complaining?

No one has suggested that they've been over the moon with his form. I've been saying that. I suspect people just don't think he's one of the bigger concerns that we have, with everything we know.

For me - when he plays a good game its fantastic. I think he has shown how good he can be at AFL level and thats what is most frustrating to me.

Why that seems to get you so worked up is beyond me.

Don't think I am that worked up! I would suggest the poster with 600 posts on this thread (more than double the next biggest) is a little more passionate, invested and worked up about the FOG than I am.

You dont think his form in the first 7 games was concerning?

Good to see that Ben Keays is off of your naughty list? Thats an interesting development.
Just given up hope on them ever moving on from Ben..

The flogs running this club think he’s a gun player.. and that tells you all you need to know about how great they are at running a footy club.

Did you like his selfish goal attempt streeming along the boundary inside 50 in that last quarter the other night when the game was in the balance..

Vintage Keays it was.. ignore all team mates and go for glory.. “oh shite.. thats right, I forgot I had garbage skills and no talent”..

The form of the whole team in the first 7 rounds has been “concerning”…the hardest position yo play when the entire team is strughling is as a KPP..

The point is like anything on this board. Discussion.

The same way we discuss the whipping boys - this thread is about discussing the golden child.

For me - when he plays a good game its fantastic. I think he has shown how good he can be at AFL level and thats what is most frustrating to me.

Don't think I am that worked up! I would suggest the poster with 600 posts on this thread (more than double the next biggest) is a little more passionate, invested and worked up about the FOG than I am.

You can't see why people think you're worked up? You keep posting these bitter commentaries about people not being as upset at Fogarty as you are ('the golden child').

I'm not posting in here much at all this year. You're all over the thread each week. Come on now.

Take that with a little grain of salt - He has played an extra game than 14 other teams.

This season he is ranked 52nd in the AFL in contested marks per game even after his massive game against North.

Including people with averages derived from one game could never mislead. And he'd still be 3rd or 4th in the team, and basically identical to Tex.

You can't see why people think you're worked up? You keep posting these bitter commentaries about people not being as upset at Fogarty as you are ('the golden child').

I wouldn't say I am bitter at all. I genuinely enjoy discussing FOG. I think people view FOG on this board, similar to how Nicks views Lachlan Murphy.

And C'mon - I am not that worked up. Wanna see worked up?

Someone started the below thread:

We're one official home game into the 2024 season. Our season is over.

I have two memberships to attend our home games. I do not want them. No one seems to these days. I can't give tickets away. Can anyone think of any reason any a person would attend a game played by this group of pathetic losers for the rest of the year?

If so, can you let me know what it is?

Back