Dayne Beams

Remove this Banner Ad

lol at a top 20 pick for Dayne Beams.

Gets shown up time and again when the chips aren't running his way... finals being and example.

Is a pretty vanilla midfielder, most clubs have 1 or two guys like him.

Pick 25-35 is about right. Its where he got drafted and it's where he should be placed unless a silly club is willing to offer more.

Gets shown up time and again when the chips aren't running his way... finals being and example.

Pick 25-35 is about right. Its where he got drafted and it's where he should be placed unless a silly club is willing to offer more.

Listen to this man, he's an astute judge of trade value:

Pendlebury for Winderlich in a trade... err no. Don't rate Pendlebury as anything more that just a good player.

Hahahaha. Coming from a guy who said Scott Pendlebury could not win clearances and was no good in contested situations in general.

Your assessment of talent=Poo:thumbsdown:

6th in the B&F in a premiership year is not bad going. But hey, you'd be the expert when it comes to talking vanilla midfielders. You see it 1st hand.

very hard one to work out a deal for, beams value to the woods is higher then his market value, hence the overs and unders merry go round. plus like most players plays better footy in the best sides, especially with the group of players around him at collingwood. hes prob worth a a middle to late first rounder, but to collingwood is worth a 5-15 pick. its moot anyway wont be traded.

very hard one to work out a deal for, beams value to the woods is higher then his market value, hence the overs and unders merry go round. plus like most players plays better footy in the best sides, especially with the group of players around him at collingwood. hes prob worth a a middle to late first rounder, but to collingwood is worth a 5-15 pick. its mute anyway wont be traded.
I'm pretty sure Beams can talk.

haha but a few years ago Lovett was a top ten pick for sure.

Bombers got a very good pick for Lovett in Hindsight, pick 16, Saints paying overs.

Beams is worth a top ten pick. You may not like that, you may run around on these forums trying to change the perception of Beams' worth, but the reality is you can't do this.

Anyway, I think Beams will remain at Collingwood in any case, if he was to be traded for a draft pick, we'd probably get GC's pick 4 in the draft.

Pick 25-35 is insane, almost certain you are trolling either that or you think you can somehow downgrade Beams worth by deluding yourself on here.

He would be one of Essendons best players.

Maybe Bucks can get in Mitch Clark's ear about coming to Collingwood to potentially play in a premiership rather than going home.
Clark would be an ideal replacement for Leigh Brown 2nd ruck/key forward role.
If Brisbane want Beams, I rather get an established player than pick 16

Maybe Bucks can get in Mitch Clark's ear about coming to Collingwood to potentially play in a premiership rather than going home.
Clark would be an ideal replacement for Leigh Brown 2nd ruck/key forward role.
If Brisbane want Beams, I rather get an established player than pick 16

Sound logic but wouldn't happen.

Clark would put a heap of unwanted pressure on our cap.

haha but a few years ago Lovett was a top ten pick for sure.

Bombers got a very good pick for Lovett in Hindsight, pick 16, Saints paying overs.

Beams is worth a top ten pick. You may not like that, you may run around on these forums trying to change the perception of Beams' worth, but the reality is you can't do this.

Anyway, I think Beams will remain at Collingwood in any case, if he was to be traded for a draft pick, we'd probably get GC's pick 4 in the draft.

Pick 25-35 is insane, almost certain you are trolling either that or you think you can somehow downgrade Beams worth by deluding yourself on here.

No chance. Agree that 25-35 is too high though. 10-15 is about right.

EDIT: Just to clarify that's simply no chance to pick 4. Very large chance he'll stay at Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams would be worth about pick 16. IMO Mitch Clark> Beams just because of KPP and if freo give brisbane pick 16 then that should be more than enough

When doing research the proposition of offering pick 16 for Dayne Beams would rightfully be laughed at... Draft picks are massively overrated, for example, these are the players that have gone pick 16 in the past highlighting how Albertproudftw overrates them himelf...

2010 draft, pick 16 PA Ben Jacobs
2009 draft, pick 16 PA Jasper Pittard
2008 draft, pick 16 Haw Ryan Schoenmakers
2007 draft, pick 16 PA, Andrew Lobbe
2006 draft, pick 16 WC Mitch Brown
2005 draft, pick 16 Adel Richard Douglas
2004 draft, pick 16 Rich Adam Pattison
2003 draft, pick 16 Syd Josh Willoughby
2002 draft, pick 16 PA Stephen Gillham
2001 draft, pick 16 Haw Rick Ladson
2000 draft, pick 16 Melb Scott Thompson
1999 draft, pick 16 WC David Haynes
1998 draft, pick 16 Adel Brett Burton
1997 draft, pick 16 St.K Ben Wolton
1996 draft, pick 16 Rich Pat Steinfort
1995 draft, pick 16 Fitz Shane Clayton

Out of all those, there' a shitload of duds, with one B grader in Burton, and one guy who took a long time to arrive in Scott Thomson. Dayne Beams is a bird in the hand, sixth in the best and fairest of a premiership team, his stats for a guy that's played three seasons is tracking as well as a guy called Pendlebury, so therefore I think in my opinion if he was to be traded for a draft pick which I don't think he would be, Pies would get a top ten pick, this would be a certain requirement considering this is a weak draft. Lets look at top ten draft picks in a few of the weak drafts from the past...

Round Pick Player Recruited from Club
Priority 1 Josh Fraser Murray Bushrangers Collingwood
Priority 2 Paul Hasleby East Fremantle Fremantle
1 3 Aaron Fiora Port Adelaide Magpies Richmond
1 4 Matthew Pavlich Woodville-West Torrens Fremantle
1 5 Leigh Brown Gippsland Power Fremantle
1 6 Damian Cupido Eastern Ranges Brisbane Lions
1 7 Danny Roach Tassie Mariners Collingwood
1 8 Joel Corey East Perth Geelong
1 9 Caydn Beetham Oakleigh Chargers St Kilda
1 10 Luke McPharlin East Fremantle Hawthorn

Priority 1 Nick Riewoldt Southport Sharks St Kilda
1 2 Justin Koschitzke Murray Bushrangers St Kilda
1 3 Alan Didak Port Adelaide Magpies Collingwood
1 4 Luke Livingston Bendigo Pioneers Carlton
1 5 Andrew McDougall Perth Football Club West Coast
1 6 Dylan Smith Sandringham Dragons Kangaroos
1 7 Laurence Angwin Dandenong Stingrays Adelaide
1 8 Daniel Motlop North Adelaide Roosters Kangaroos
1 9 Kayne Pettifer Murray Bushrangers Richmond
1 10 Jordan McMahon Glenelg Western Bulldogs

1 1 Brendon Goddard Gippsland Power St Kilda
1 2 Daniel Wells Peel Thunder Kangaroos
1 3 Jared Brennan Southern Districts Brisbane Lions
1 4 Tim Walsh Northern Knights Western Bulldogs
1 5 Jarrad McVeigh NSW/ACT Rams Sydney Swans
1 6 Steven Salopek Dandenong Stingrays Port Adelaide
1 7 Andrew Mackie Glenelg Geelong
1 8 Luke Brennan North Ballarat Rebels Hawthorn
1 9 Hamish McIntosh Murray Bushrangers Kangaroos
1 10 Jason Laycock Tassie Mariners Essendon

Priority 1 Adam Cooney West Adelaide Football Club Western Bulldogs
Priority 2 Andrew Walker Bendigo Diggers Carlton
Priority 3 Colin Sylvia Bendigo Diggers Melbourne
1 4 Farren Ray Peel Thunder Football Club Western Bulldogs
1 5 Brock McLean Calder Cannons Melbourne
1 6 Kepler Bradley West Perth Football Club Essendon
1 7 Kane Tenace Murray Bushrangers Geelong
1 8 Raphael Clarke St. Mary's Football Club St. Kilda
1 9 David Trotter Calder Cannons Kangaroos
1 10 Ryley Dunn Murray Bushrangers Fremantle

Looking at all that, The Lions with even their 8th pick in the draft wouldn't do, caue GC would trump them with pick 4 IMO. Not that it matters and yes I have wasted my time here, cause Beams won't be going anywhere.

Pick 4 for Beams? Wow.

haha, have a read again, when doing some research, considering this is a weak draft, considering Beams measures up against small mids who went top ten in his own draft that was considered a super draft, he's definately worth pick 4 IMO... WOW. :) ;)

I think the weak draft argument really only applies to later picks. The top 10 in this draft looks pretty damn good.
I'd say moreso top 5.

I recall the Swans offering pick 6 and pick 13 for pick 3 in 2009. Obviously it was Dustin Martin but that draft was also consider weak.

I agree with Paddywhackers though in that draft picks are massively overrated. History shows probably 3/4 of the top 10 in most years don't become above average players. The higher the pick the worse the odds.

If we accepted this pick 16 for Beams, giving the depth of this draft, we'd be stoked just to get a player as good as Beams. Now if we changed that to a compo pick that could be used next year around the same mark, that may prick Hines interest.

Hine is already looking to trade out of this draft. He's done pretty well with trading into a strong draft (2006) and trading out of weaker drafts in 2009 & 2010 (due to Suns picks) and now looks this one.

It's just a rubbish time to rebuild and a young talented proven player is worth more in a weak draft.

The 27 year old Andrew Lovett was traded for pick 16 in a rubbish draft.

Hahahaha. Coming from a guy who said Scott Pendlebury could not win clearances and was no good in contested situations in general.

Your assessment of talent=Poo:thumbsdown:

6th in the B&F in a premiership year is not bad going. But hey, you'd be the expert when it comes to talking vanilla midfielders. You see it 1st hand.

Pendles was really good against the men in Geelong wasn't he?

Selwood, Bartel, Ling monstered the inside contests and destroyed the so called hard men in Pendlebury, Ball and Swan. Not once, not twice, but three times. There's the difference... normal folk can't see it.

I guess I might have been wrong on Pendles seeing Sheahan has him as the no. 1 player in the comp. :eek:

@Paddywackers

Beams would not get a game at Essendon. He'd be behind Watson, Hocking. Howlett, Stanton, Zaka, Lonergan.

Lovett at pick 16 was about right. He would be a premiership player if it wasn't for some chick falsely accusing him of rape. He's twice the player that Beams is/was/will be.

I find it staggering that there is even a thread on someone who is worth a first round draft pick and so good and is at Collingwood. Defies logic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back