Dayne Beams

Remove this Banner Ad

Pendles was really good against the men in Geelong wasn't he?

Selwood, Bartel, Ling monstered the inside contests and destroyed the so called hard men in Pendlebury, Ball and Swan. Not once, not twice, but three times. There's the difference... normal folk can't see it.

I guess I might have been wrong on Pendles seeing Sheahan has him as the no. 1 player in the comp. :eek:

@Paddywackers

Beams would not get a game at Essendon. He'd be behind Watson, Hocking. Howlett, Stanton, Zaka, Lonergan.

Lovett at pick 16 was about right. He would be a premiership player if it wasn't for some chick falsely accusing him of rape. He's twice the player that Beams is/was/will be.

I find it staggering that there is even a thread on someone who is worth a first round draft pick and so good and is at Collingwood. Defies logic.
LOL Beams would be one the first selected on the essendon team sheet

Teams that get a player of Beams' calibure in the Top 10 would be wrapped.

GC pick 4 would be the only deal for a pick that would get it done.

Trading players would be more likely to get it done.

But I don't think he will be leaving.

lol... it's what Geelong supporters were telling us 3 years ago about Prismall.

Heffernan, Blumfield, Moorcroft ring a bell?

Pleny of Beams types running around in the VFL, SANFL, WAFL.

And yet his numbers this year are almost identical to Zaharakis, your B&F winner. Funny that.

And yet his numbers this year are almost identical to Zaharakis, your B&F winner. Funny that.

Swan, Pendlebury, Ball, etc feeding the ball out for him (Dayne) helps.

Draft picks may be overrated and I could understand the CFC not wanting to trade Beams for pick 16 but pick 4 is an absolute joke. Would never happen.

Beams would not get a game at Essendon. He'd be behind Watson, Hocking. Howlett, Stanton, Zaka, Lonergan.

Lovett at pick 16 was about right. He would be a premiership player if it wasn't for some chick falsely accusing him of rape. He's twice the player that Beams is/was/will be.

Oh dear me, just what do you say to this?

On re-reading he must be extracting the urine.
You got me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I
Hine is already looking to trade out of this draft. He's done pretty well with trading into a strong draft (2006) and trading out of weaker drafts in 2009 & 2010 (due to Suns picks) and now looks this one.

It's just a rubbish time to rebuild and a young talented proven player is worth more in a weak draft.

The 27 year old Andrew Lovett was traded for pick 16 in a rubbish draft.

You go on about how rubbish the 09 draft was, and how wise it was for Hine to trade out of that draft.

From a Geelong perspective id just like to say thanks i guess

Menzel
Duncan
Vardy
Christensen
Cowan

Preeeeeeeeetttttttyyyyyy happy with them so far!

Good point Greg Brady.

It was a fair draft we opted out of, coz we beleived we were in a premiership window so traded for Jolly (tried to trade for ball) & Ball.

To clear things up Beams would definitely get a game at essendon for fans saying he wouldnt
But Zaharakis spent the first half of the year in the forward line and even in the second half spent time there
Watson would off won by a mile if he didnt miss games and Hurley might off to

LOL. Just ****ing LOL.

What a terrible midfield. Please stop joking around and put up your best midfielders and we'll discuss it. AFL ones that is.

This has done it for me. You're clearly extracting the urine. Nice one dude:thumbsu:

In the GF, Pendles had 33 possies (20k,13h), 15 contested and 10 clearances. Still used it at 79%. But hey, he's no good in those situations.

lol at a top 20 pick for Dayne Beams.

Gets shown up time and again when the chips aren't running his way... finals being and example.

Is a pretty vanilla midfielder, most clubs have 1 or two guys like him.

Pick 25-35 is about right. Its where he got drafted and it's where he should be placed unless a silly club is willing to offer more.

Beams is tracking beautifully for a third year MID.

Much much better player than Prismall - You are probably reckon that Hogan from Geelong would be a get bet.

Beams Trade Value - 12 -18.

Re: Dane Beams

Geez don't get emotional.

From Hawthorn:
Whitecross is a promising midfielder, similar number of games, due to move to the midfield next year.
+
Matt Suckling who is not a fringe player.

That's a slight improvement and if the kids are as good as they say then it's well worth it. Replace Suckling with a more experienced senior player like Clint Young or Xav Ellis if you don't think it's enough.

That's not an upgrade at all.

Beams is tracking beautifully for a third year MID.

Much much better player than Prismall - You are probably reckon that Hogan from Geelong would be a get bet.

Beams Trade Value - 12 -18.

Agree with that comment totally.

I'd even say, at his best, he's much better than Zaharakis (as much as I hate to say it).

If traded to Gold Coast, possibly Beams for Gorringe and a late pick?

Cannot see Beams being picked up by the Suns.

The GC midfield is pretty much set right now, immediately and for the future. Ablett, Rischitelli, Bennell, Prestia, not to mention the signing of QLD Zone Selection Sexton. McKenzie, Brennan, Shaw & Matera floating through there too.

Just cannot see who would come out for him, especially with all this talk about bleeding the youth continues.

Cannot see Beams being picked up by the Suns.

The GC midfield is pretty much set right now, immediately and for the future. Ablett, Rischitelli, Bennell, Prestia, not to mention the signing of QLD Zone Selection Sexton. McKenzie, Brennan, Shaw & Matera floating through there too.

Just cannot see who would come out for him, especially with all this talk about bleeding the youth continues.

He can play HFF not sure if you need any of them I don't know your list all that well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back