Multiplat Dead Space Remake

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing that there is no trial on basic EA Access or whatever it is called now sub on consoles. I have Play Pro on PC so I can get the full version through that but wanted to check it out on PS5. I played about half hour on PC and it looks and plays awesome. As good as the OG version still runs I found it just controlled a bit wonky but that's all good in this remake.

I'd have played more but have had a super shitty week.

This remake is absolutely exceptional.

I had forgotten just how good the sound design is. Every creak and groan of the ship, every door opening, every object you interact with, every comms call coming through...all just subtly sound like they could be an approaching necromorph popping out of a vent somewhere nearby.

The level design is incredible too. Letting us freely roam around all explored sections of the ship to go back and get collectables and secrets is brilliant. Much prefer this sort of design, instead of constantly being channeled forward.

There was a part where some steam vents randomly opened up. I spun around and aimed the plasma cutter, and there was nothing more than the vents. Nothing ended up coming, but what's important is the atmosphere that makes me think a necromorph can come, at any time.

Was loving it until I encountered a black screen when trying to load on Series X. Have had to uninstall and am now waiting for it to reinstall. I don't think I lose my saved data, but will be really pissed off if i do.

I got the platinum for this game. Easily the toughest I've ever earned out of the 14 that I do have, but that's a real testament to how much I loved and enjoyed this game.

Probably right up there with my all-time favourites, actually.

You did the playthrough on hard/impossible mode without dying? Impressive!

I was playing hard mode and made it to chapter 10 without dying. Was just thinking to myself "hey, maybe I should have tried an impossible run' - nek minit, randomly ambushed by one of those jerks with the explosive sack.

You did the playthrough on hard/impossible mode without dying? Impressive!

I was playing hard mode and made it to chapter 10 without dying. Was just thinking to myself "hey, maybe I should have tried an impossible run' - nek minit, randomly ambushed by one of those jerks with the explosive sack.

I don’t know if you would call it cheating, but all you really gotta do is pause and exit the game every time you’re about to die.

Use the save stations every chance you get so you never lose too much progress.

I don’t know if you would call it cheating, but all you really gotta do is pause and exit the game every time you’re about to die.

Use the save stations every chance you get so you never lose too much progress.

What happens if you get instantly exploded? That's how I died - when you have to board the other ship that crashes into the Ishimura. I got ambushed by one of the exploding guys and he set off the nuclear reactor.

What happens if you get instantly exploded? That's how I died - when you have to board the other ship that crashes into the Ishimura. I got ambushed by one of the exploding guys and he set off the nuclear reactor.

I’m not sure but apparently you can pause and exit before the death animation completely finishes.

When I got to that part, I knew I had to be extremely careful. I just froze him with a statis and dismembered his arm carrying the bombsack, then killed him normally.

Then there’s another one of those types trapped in a corner of the room.

I bought the hard copy recently on sale. As a fan of the series I am mightily impressed with this remake. DS2 is my fav, so a remake for that of this quality would be unreal!

Not a Dead Space guy, only came into this thread because I just started Callisto. Wouldn’t you rather just have a new Dead Space game? There hasn’t been a current gen Dead Space so I find it weird they’re doing remakes before just making a new game.

Forget Dead Space, THIS is the only space-based survival horror anyone could need (make sure you read the publisher's summary):

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget Dead Space, THIS is the only space-based survival horror anyone could need (make sure you read the publisher's summary):

Oh man, now I'm intrigued. Tried looking up screenshots any only found a few (I think) because Google thinks I'm misspelling Dead Space 😆. Is this anything like that ridiculous awesome Last of Us Switch knock off?

Oh man, now I'm intrigued. Tried looking up screenshots any only found a few (I think) because Google thinks I'm misspelling Dead Space 😆. Is this anything like that ridiculous awesome Last of Us Switch knock off?

Pretty sure it's the same guys behind it. I did come across something (on Nintendo Life I think) where it mentioned the shovelware companies throw as many words into the title as possible to maximise their "product" being on search results, hence these ridiculous titles.

Pretty sure it's the same guys behind it. I did come across something (on Nintendo Life I think) where it mentioned the shovelware companies throw as many words into the title as possible to maximise their "product" being on search results, hence these ridiculous titles.

That's actually some pretty big brain thinking.

That's actually some pretty big brain thinking.

They're running a profitable business making garbage. They've hacked life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back