Prediction Debutants

Remove this Banner Ad

Only counting guys making their debut, not debut with the swans, had quite a few this year considering its only 9 rounds in and we are 4th

So who has been the most impressive and who do you think will have the better career?

In no order I believe we have

Tom Papley
George Hewett
Aliir Aliir
Jack Hiscox
Callum Mills

I think the three who have played most of the games have been the best, but right now I am really loving what Hewett brings the last few weeks,

Mills seems to cop some flak and comparisons to Heneey, comes with the territory as a high pick, but he is playing a tough role and going well

I think long term Mills will have the best career though, clear class, Hewett and Papley i am very hopeful for long term

Not sure hiscox will make it to 10 games

And Aliir i dunno, is better than XR at least

Thoughts?

You bored tonight?

Waiting for tea to cook, wife is marking exams

Afl 360 has jumped the shark

Cant just flog the log all night

Mills seems to be battling this idea he should be better than Heeney
His role in the side currently is much more difficult than Heeney's.

His good work can often go unnoticed on the half back flank.

Like what Papley brings to the table, will probably will become a 40 goal a season small forward for us for years to come.

Can see Hewett being a 200 game player for us.

Mills will have multiple AA selections.

To date I think this is how I would list them in terms of impact;

1. Callum Mills
2. Tom Papley
3. George Hewett
4. Aliir Aliir
5. Jack Hiscox

For me Mills takes top honours, he has stepped straight into the team (comparisons to Henney are inevitable) and is playing a critical role and playing that role consistently well. Papley from where he has come from he has been outstanding, Hewett is building into the season nicely grows in confidence with every game.

In the long term, Mills is a potential 300 gamer, Hewett isn't going anywhere has a good career in the red & white and Papley i think has shown enough to be groomed to replace McGlynn in the very near future. As for the others, Aliir I'm not sure about has the potential but I'm fence sitting with him at the moment, Hiscox will not make it and I doubt we will see in seniors again.

It would be great if Aliir Aliir develops. That's a great crop of young players if he does.

Jack needs a run before we'll know what he can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For pure courage I would go Mills every time....the experience he is gaining this year with difficult assignments, in a short handed backline at times is pure gold for what we can expect over many years. Mills is a special player.

To date I think this is how I would list them in terms of impact;

1. Callum Mills
2. Tom Papley
3. George Hewett
4. Aliir Aliir
5. Jack Hiscox

For me Mills takes top honours, he has stepped straight into the team (comparisons to Henney are inevitable) and is playing a critical role and playing that role consistently well. Papley from where he has come from he has been outstanding, Hewett is building into the season nicely grows in confidence with every game.

In the long term, Mills is a potential 300 gamer, Hewett isn't going anywhere has a good career in the red & white and Papley i think has shown enough to be groomed to replace McGlynn in the very near future. As for the others, Aliir I'm not sure about has the potential but I'm fence sitting with him at the moment, Hiscox will not make it and I doubt we will see in seniors again.
Based on the number of games 4 & 5 have played, you'd expect those positions. Hiscox will not see 2 games!

Mills the most impressive, as a first year 18yo playing like a seasoned player, will be a 300 gamer, bargain pick.

Papley the first year surprise packet not only around goals but gets up field with quality touches as well. Permanent 22 IMO and upward trajectory, cheap pick up - nice :)

Hewett finally translating his too good for NEAFL form to the seniors, has a good footy brain, nice evasive skills, cool under pressure, will be a beauty, inspired pick in the 30s.

AA - can only go by what a two year extension says

Hiscox always seemed to expensive at draft time and probably was. Unless you are cutting it up at NEAFL level you aren't going to make it at AFL level, probable failure

Should debut this year - Newmann looks classy at NEAFL level, could be another Biggs who we must be regretting now. Marsh, lets give him a run against a low side later in the year just to see if he can make the grade but probably delist EOY. Davis might need a third year. Naismith (1 game in 2014 should be forgotten) gets a run once his fitness is up to standard as he looks a big upgrade on Sinclair.

Mills the most impressive, as a first year 18yo playing like a seasoned player, will be a 300 gamer, bargain pick.

Papley the first year surprise packet not only around goals but gets up field with quality touches as well. Permanent 22 IMO and upward trajectory, cheap pick up - nice :)

Hewett finally translating his too good for NEAFL form to the seniors, has a good footy brain, nice evasive skills, cool under pressure, will be a beauty, inspired pick in the 30s.

AA - can only go by what a two year extension says

Hiscox always seemed to expensive at draft time and probably was. Unless you are cutting it up at NEAFL level you aren't going to make it at AFL level, probable failure

Should debut this year - Newmann looks classy at NEAFL level, could be another Biggs who we must be regretting now. Marsh, lets give him a run against a low side later in the year just to see if he can make the grade but probably delist EOY. Davis might need a third year. Naismith (1 game in 2014 should be forgotten) gets a run once his fitness is up to standard as he looks a big upgrade on Sinclair.

i always thought sinclair was a stop gap for a year or two and have high hopes for naismith if he can stay fit.

i think people are being tough on hiscox. things didn't go his way in his first match but i thought he had a real dig.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back