Medium Forward: Knights A.Edwards Pettard O'Hanlon
Small Forward: S.Edwards Nahas King White McDonough
Utility: Griffiths Astbury McGuane

Italics = best 25 IMO

Age Breakdown:
18-21: 19 players
22-26: 18 players
27+ : 6 players
As you can see our list is nicely grouped for age. We've got a nice group of maturing players who should form the core of our side each week. A healthy group of younger players coming through who should be pushing for spots and a small group of older guys who still have plenty of life in the tank.

Games Played:
YTP: 8
1-20: 7
21-50: 6
51-100: 15
101-150: 5
151+ : 3
Again this shows that we're starting to get a nice grouping of experienced players, while we only have 8 players with 100+ games by the end of this season we could have upwards of 13. That should hopefully mean fewer games where we see a lack of experience costing us.

Genuine Depth:
Finally it's pleasing to be able to look at the list and see that there is genuine cover for all positions. It would see that we are no longer going to be hamstrung(pardon the pun) by injuries to certain players. There are capable replacements in the wings that will be desperate for a chance when/if it rolls around. For example not that long ago Jackson and McGuane would have been considered walk up starts in our best 22. Now they are relegated to 6th and 3rd string options for their positions respectively. Not that it's a bad thing, it just shows how much our depth has improved over the last couple of seasons and it should be a reason for every Tigers fan to be confident heading into 2013.

The thing that stands out for me in that analysis is how important it is for TV to develop. If he can stay fully fit and move it up a level our forward line will be very very potent..

The thing that stands out for me in that analysis is how important it is for TV to develop. If he can stay fully fit and move it up a level our forward line will be very very potent..

Couldn't agree more, TV is the absolute key and is crucial to our finals hopes. Saw him moving very nicely on the training vid but jeez the sight of all that tape on his shoulders is a worry. Hope it works.

Couldn't agree more, TV is the absolute key and is crucial to our finals hopes. Saw him moving very nicely on the training vid but jeez the sight of all that tape on his shoulders is a worry. Hope it works.

Hopefully it's precautionary only and with a solid foundation in the gym/rehab he'll be fine. Seemed to be cracking in in the training video same with Ben which put a smile on my face. Ben was very serious and focused in his interview as well. I hope they can just stay on the park all season and explode in 2014.

Now we have a bit more depth in the backline, hopefully we can make Griffiths the Forward he should have always been and that would add enormous depth to our forwardline so Vickery isnt so crucial.

Plenty of guys play for years with taped shoulders with no consequence...I'm backing Griff in to be one of - if not THE most improved player on our list in 2013.

Re depth... was going to thread this topic up as well RT.
Plenty of scab posters on other forums reckon we have topped up in a desperaqte attempt to make finals in 2013 to save Dimma and Benny.... what a load of hog s**t.... we have done good!
The battlers we punted at the end of last season were the last of a massive bunch that had to be moved on and along with the 2 to 3 extra years of maturity in our 20 - 21 year olds.... + the guys like Lids who are hitting the mid 20's, we actually have some serious competition for games.

Good times are almost upon us Tigers! :thumbsu:

Great analysis RT... :thumbsu:
Interesting to note two names in the midfield group, Arnot and Verrier...
Really hope they can come on this year, and strengthen our mix inside and out...

Plenty of guys play for years with taped shoulders with no consequence...I'm backing Griff in to be one of - if not THE most improved player on our list in 2013.
W.Carey rarely played with no tape. it'll be for confidence/strength. not an issue

I never forget a match that Malthouse was commentating on last year and he was actually quite excitied by Griffiths throughout the match, now Malthouse isnt the be all and end all, but over the past 20 years you think he would have a clue when he sees talent, a fit Griffiths means we play finals, unfortunately the guy breaks down all the time so we need either him of Vickery to have a full season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re depth... was going to thread this topic up as well RT.
Plenty of scab posters on other forums reckon we have topped up in a desperaqte attempt to make finals in 2013 to save Dimma and Benny.... what a load of hog s**t.... we have done good!
The battlers we punted at the end of last season were the last of a massive bunch that had to be moved on and along with the 2 to 3 extra years of maturity in our 20 - 21 year olds.... + the guys like Lids who are hitting the mid 20's, we actually have some serious competition for games.

Good times are almost upon us Tigers! :thumbsu:

Well yeah, Griff is an issue too, but I was talking about Tyrone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back