Food/Supplements Diet Diet, Supplements and Enhancers - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Sugar causes weak joints, tendons n legiments hence the reco.

The sugar addiction has convinced you to like it, it’s controlling you and you dont realise it.

haha that's funny i actually just made all of that up

I'm actually a sugar zombie

Maybe cos bodybuilders followed others n too stupid to research for themselves, the pro bodybuilders I know dont touch sugar, they up their fat or food calories to bulk.
Protein combats catabolism, no need for sugar, all sugar does is spike insulin which is the fat storage hormone.
Close to 50% of protein is converted to glucose - hence the relationship between protein peri-workout and catabolism.

Close to 50% of protein is converted to glucose - hence the relationship between protein peri-workout and catabolism.

Yes hence no need for sugar if you eat adequate protein.
Sugar post work out blunts fat burning, the theory it’s needed for glycogen replenishment was squashed years ago, food carbs in a meal later on will replenish gylocagen stores infact the time frame is upto 24 hours post workout not within 30mins like the so called experts claim.
Quick carbs post w/o is only required if you are doing repeat exercise on the same day.

Yes hence no need for sugar if you eat adequate protein.
Sugar post work out blunts fat burning, the theory it’s needed for glycogen replenishment was squashed years ago, food carbs in a meal later on will replenish gylocagen stores infact the time frame is upto 24 hours post workout not within 30mins like the so called experts claim.
Quick carbs post w/o is only required if you are doing repeat exercise on the same day.
Goal specific - many are not trying to burn fat when working out but looking to add/maintain muscle.

FWIW I work out in the morning virtually fasted and cycle to work afterwards so I definitely notice the difference with and w/o PWO carbs.

Goal specific - many are not trying to burn fat when working out but looking to add/maintain muscle.

FWIW I work out in the morning virtually fasted and cycle to work afterwards so I definitely notice the difference with and w/o PWO carbs.

Plus carbs taste good

Can understand that but what’s your fat intake like?

Can understand that but what’s your fat intake like?
I'm low carb most of the time, fat intake higher than average (generally animal fats and a high % mono)

I'm low carb most of the time, fat intake higher than average (generally animal fats and a high % mono)

I train am too, Since I ditch carbs pre n post w/o or cardio/weights I’m recovering a lot better, only carbs I have is 100g sweet spud n 100g pumpkin with lunch but not every day.
Once fat adapted you noticed the difference.

Au contrare, intra-and peri-workout a fast-metabolizing sugar can be useful (especially during a bulking phase) to combat catabolism.
Dextrose/maltodextrin has been used by bodybuilders for many many years for this reason.
Can't say I've ever heard any positives about maltodextrin.

Been watching this guy for years. I'd say most of u guys will like him. He does dis fruit a bit, that's one of his downfalls but that's just ignorance. ;)

edit: I guess it has its purposes, as Mofra was saying.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I train am too, Since I ditch carbs pre n post w/o or cardio/weights I’m recovering a lot better, only carbs I have is 100g sweet spud n 100g pumpkin with lunch but not every day.
Once fat adapted you noticed the difference.

So fat adapted even though you consume 100-200g of carbs every other day?

100g of sweet spud is 20g Carb
100g of pumpkin is around 6 carb.

See sugar has effected your brain!

That's pretty cool you can flick a switch in your body and determine which fuel it uses

Yeah I just came back from my mates 30th I had some cake, goodbye all I don't think I will make it through the night

Can't say I've ever heard any positives about maltodextrin.

Been watching this guy for years. I'd say most of u guys will like him. He does dis fruit a bit, that's one of his downfalls but that's just ignorance. ;)

edit: I guess it has its purposes, as Mofra was saying.

As a food additive, it's horrible.
As a peri-workout sup, it may have it's use - if you exercise straight afterwards or have multiple sessions in a day.
Dextrose/maltodextrin are the main drivers behind hydration drinks that are only really necessary if the exercise is both intense and prolonged.

Again, it's specific to needs. Your average desk worker who walks twice per week would have no need for it.

Edit: it's only in beer as a brewing agent, almost all of it is converted to alcohol and gas at the primary fermentation stage. It's why I check the label and buy brewing sugar for my supplies, way cheaper than the same thing from a supp store.

Who is the best to follow for Ketosis ot keto diet info or anything relating

I think someone posted up something about a certain keto expert

Want to give it a crack now ive moved out and can control diet a little more whilst also looking to lean up a bit before christmas

Who is the best to follow for Ketosis ot keto diet info or anything relating

I think someone posted up something about a certain keto expert

Want to give it a crack now ive moved out and can control diet a little more whilst also looking to lean up a bit before christmas
Follow me :)

Seriously tho what type of info are you looking for? The ketogains subreddit is pretty good for keto lifting info

Follow me :)

Seriously tho what type of info are you looking for? The ketogains subreddit is pretty good for keto lifting info

What is the diet? I understand low carbs, Higher fats and proteins.

But how do i know how much to take of each ?

What are some of the good fats i should be eating?

Avacado, nuts, bacon, meat fats, pork crackle? or is monosats not the way to go

What is the diet? I understand low carbs, Higher fats and proteins.

But how do i know how much to take of each ?

What are some of the good fats i should be eating?

Avacado, nuts, bacon, meat fats, pork crackle? or is monosats not the way to go

Just remember if your end goal is to drop bodyfat, calorie restriction is what drives it there's no magical diet or foods to eat. But find a diet/eating plan that you can best stick to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back