FTA-TV Disenchantment

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The third animated series created by Matt Groening after The Simpsons (1989-present) and Futurama (1999-2013). Being made for Netflix, it may have more swearing and explicit adult themes than those two.

Premieres August 17th.

Matt Groening's first new creation for quite some time, who's watching this?

Have caught the first couple of episodes, the three main (so far) characters are quite likeable in that they all seem to be outsiders or misfits.

Couple of good laughs to be had but I think I need a bit more time for the characters to establish themselves.

The mediaeval setting is something that will attract a lot of viewers, I like, don't love, that aspect. Keeping a keen eye out for some of the funny signs in the village is amusing.

I think Luci is my favourite so far. That, and the subtle emotions conveyed by the way they draw the horses' facial expressions crack me up.

Watched the first episode. The soundscape is really putting me off. A lot of the sound effects lack weight and don't really sound like they are a part of the world. It's frustrating as it's something really small that's making it hard for me to enjoy the show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back