Dive Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

It certainly happens a lot, and the faux outrage is often met with faux outrage at the suggestion one of "our" players has taken a dive. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. I remember a lot of outrage from the Liverpool camp about diving in one of the PSG games, so it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone when people question their own players.

It would help if refs pulled up fouls more consistently, it would also help if they pulled up players that do a dying swan to get a free (whether it's deserved or not).

For me the game would be much better if players just did their best to put the ball in the net, and let the refs ref.
They should bring in a 10min sin-bin rule for anyone who has dived. Will make them think twice about doing it.

Jesus Christ. There has been 2 videos posted showing his diving, not related to this game. You are the epitome of not being able to look objectively. Maybe you should hit the roads and become a scholar of it.

That's the thing though, most of those are fouls bar one. And not surprisingly the countless videos where Salah is hacked/ punched / kicked without going down are not posted.

I could post videos of just about any professional footballer where they could have stayed on their feet if they really wanted to. A foul is a foul though.

But I digress. Salah the cheating bastard dived in the CL final, how dare he go down when he could have stayed on his feet.

Last edited:
They should bring in a 10min sin-bin rule for anyone who has dived. Will make them think twice about doing it.

One of your better ideas. Do agree with this concept. You would have to restrict it to dives where no contact is made and simulated by the attacker.

Also believe that if a player has to get treatment they stay off the pitch for a minimum of 3 minutes. Will go a long way to ensuring only genuine injuries are dealt with on the pitch.

That's the thing though, most of those are fouls bar one. And not surprisingly the countless videos where Salah is hacked/ punched / kicked without going down are not posted.
Which one?

Also why would we post videos about him getting hacked? This is about him diving. Newcastle, Brighton, Chelsea and the one against the other white team were all dives. The fact you are trying to defend this shows your inability to be impartial.

One of your better ideas. Do agree with this concept. You would have to restrict it to dives where no contact is made and simulated by the attacker.

Also believe that if a player has to get treatment they stay off the pitch for a minimum of 3 minutes. Will go a long way to ensuring only genuine injuries are dealt with on the pitch.
It's difficult because they don't seem to be following through on the retrospective bans for diving. Any dive picked up by a camera should be an automatic 1 match ban. Doesn't matter if it was a penalty or not like Niasse last year. That is more a deterrent, but a yellow card in a game doesn't. Even flopping despite a slight bit of contact should be reprimanded. It is still a contact sport after all.

It's difficult because they don't seem to be following through on the retrospective bans for diving. Any dive picked up by a camera should be an automatic 1 match ban. Doesn't matter if it was a penalty or not like Niasse last year. That is more a deterrent, but a yellow card in a game doesn't. Even flopping despite a slight bit of contact should be reprimanded. It is still a contact sport after all.

How would this be adjudicated?

Which one?

Also why would we post videos about him getting hacked? This is about him diving. Newcastle, Brighton, Chelsea and the one against the other white team were all dives. The fact you are trying to defend this shows your inability to be impartial.

Brighton foul absolutely not a dive. Kicked and pulled by the same defender.

Newcastle absolutely not a dive. Confirmed by Dermot Gallagher who pointed out that it doesn't take much contact to send a player tumbling when the attacker is running at full speed and at an angle to the defender.

The fact that you label these as "dives" show your lack of subjectivity. And Dernot Gallagher confirms it - he is far more objective on this then any of us.

The only real simulation of a foul was at home vs Palace v Sakho. Salah wasn't moving at the time and unlike the Cardiff pen nowhere near enough contact for Salah to go down. Which was universally criticized by the Liverpool fan base on here when it happened.

Chelsea he was caught by Luiz but the ball was going out so it became irrelevant.

Brighton foul absolutely not a dive. Kicked and pulled by the same defender.

Newcastle absolutely not a dive. Confirmed by Dermot Gallagher who pointed out that it doesn't take much contact to send a player tumbling when the attacker is running at full speed and at an angle to the defender.

The fact that you label these as "dives" show your lack of subjectivity. And Dernot Gallagher confirms it - he is far more objective on this then any of us.

The only real simulation of a foul was at home vs Palace v Sakho. Salah wasn't moving at the time and unlike the Cardiff pen nowhere near enough contact for Salah to go down. Which was universally criticized by the Liverpool fan base on here when it happened.

Chelsea he was caught by Luiz but the ball was going out so it became irrelevant.
Mate.. he never got touched by Luiz.. not even close. The Newcastle game.. I got pulled harder in a marking contest last week and didn't go down. He is a diver. Defending him just makes you look worse.

Mate.. he never got touched by Luiz.. not even close. The Newcastle game.. I got pulled harder in a marking contest last week and didn't go down. He is a diver. Defending him just makes you look worse.
Liverpool’s #1 fan needs a rest. You need to slow down. We need you fully fit for our next home game against Huddersfield.
Do you go to our games or just watch them on TV? Maybe a bit of both.

Liverpool’s #1 fan needs a rest. You need to slow down. We need you fully fit for our next home game against Huddersfield.
Do you go to our games or just watch them on TV? Maybe a bit of both.
In case you didn't know, the UK doesn't have the same TV rights as Australia. There are only usually 4 games on TV and I don't have BT so I only get the sky sports games. Liverpool have been televised almost all games this season, as have city. I have watched as many as I can, but it's no surprise with these TV rights that I watch what I can.

So don't be your usual self and actually get some knowledge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back