Dockers v Port wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by The Mission Man
While you are having a whisper in Choke-o's shell-like, why don't you have a word about staying on point? Oh, that's right, because you have no idea how to do it.

We are talking about a specific game and all the hilarious stats in the world won't wash away the fact that your goons went the dirty tactic and it backfired miserably. You were thumped where it matters and you looked tired, spent and useless at the end of it all. Nice preparation.

There is no doubt that the contempt Port hold Freo in inspired some in-the-pack shenanigans and some dirty play. Problem is it didn't work. We weren't scared by the sniping and your goons got rogered on the scoreboard.

Keep throwing the weight around, tough-guys. It suits us a treat.

Listen mate, how about you ***** off back to the Freo board and discuss whether you think the Dockers will finish bottom 4 or bottom 8 this year! Port haven't had any trouble beating the purple pants of you lot for the fair majority of your pitiful existance, how about winning a couple of H&A games before you get all excited about beating us in a trial match with both teams at about 50% capability.

Really what was the point of you coming on here? You've added nothing, atleast the other Docker supporters have shown some respect for this board and their comments and views have been well received. Go back under you're rock and re think your mission, man.

A bit late, folks. I asked you to post your excuses a little earlier. In Alan Jeans' memorable phrase, practice matches are a bit "like dancing with your sister," but that's a good night out in Port Adelaide, isn't it?

I'm not bragging about the victory, I'm laughing at your team's "tough guy" antics. I laughed on Saturday night and I'm still laughing. Snipers.

I'm not bragging about the victory, I'm laughing at your team's "tough guy" antics. I laughed on Saturday night and I'm still laughing. Snipers.

That's ok........we'll be laughing at your teams ability to play footy when 4 points are on the line...........now back to your hole.......

I'm laughing at Fremantle full stop. Have they ever played in a final? Port Adelaide has been in less time, beat Brisbane for the minor Premiership last year, and won a final. Laugh about that, buttwad!

Tell you what, from the look of it a few of the Freo boys went and sat down and had a little cry after Byron & co hit them a little bit too hard. Luckily that little fat kid from Hey Dad ran out and told the naughty umpires off for not looking after his bunch of purple skirt wearing wimps.

Seemed the tough guy tactics worked last year, how did young Croad go in the match at Subiaco, or cant you remember that (just as he cant) oh and what about poor little Medhurst, big bad Dimma gave him a bath after getting the better of him both mentally and physically.

Crikey mate, what's your beef with Medhurst? He was a first year player last year. And if you applaud Barnaby French's elbow to Croad's temple then you're a bad, bad man.

I'm a very bad man, the little fat kid better come have a word to me as well.

Seriously though, Medhurst got done over by a more experienced player, Dimma did a number on him, mainly got in his head. Not really Medhurst fault i guess as its been done before and will happen to others again.

Just simply saying that some time some extra agression at the ball (&man) doesn't hurt. "Tough men" or not, Hardwick, Pickett Carr & Wilson will have an impact on games, not only through their ability to win and use the ball.

Originally posted by Eago77
I'm a very bad man, the little fat kid better come have a word to me as well.

Seriously though, Medhurst got done over by a more experienced player, Dimma did a number on him, mainly got in his head. Not really Medhurst fault i guess as its been done before and will happen to others again.

Just simply saying that some time some extra agression at the ball (&man) doesn't hurt. "Tough men" or not, Hardwick, Pickett Carr & Wilson will have an impact on games, not only through their ability to win and use the ball.

Hmm, some interesting statements made there by you Eago ! must remember them for when we [including Bicks] meet in the next showdown,;)

While you are having a whisper in Choke-o's shell-like........

I suppose that's only fair, we do choke in finals more than you. Of course, a requirement to do that is to be in finals, something your millionaire team seems to manage to keep at arms length.
:p :rolleyes: :p

Originally posted by noddy
Hmm, some interesting statements made there by you Eago ! must remember them for when we [including Bicks] meet in the next showdown,;)

What goes around comes around is another you should perhaps jot down for the first showdown.

Port dismisses Freo concerns
Alan Shiell afl.com.au Mon 10 March, 2003

Port Adelaide coach Mark Williams and captain Matthew Primus have vigorously defended allegations that the Power was unfairly physical as it lost to Fremantle by 49 points in a fiery Wizard Regional Challenge Series match at Subiaco Oval on Saturday night.

After the match from Perth, Fremantle coach Chris Connolly said: “We’re not going to cop cheap shots on the field or off the field.”

And an AAP report said Fremantle officials “seethed over up to 12 heavy clashes” and it quoted Connolly as saying he would be contacting AFL director of umpiring Jeff Gieschen.

Responding to the report, Williams said: “I read with interest that he (Connolly) thought maybe it was based on a little bit of inexperience, but it was totally blown out of proportion as far as I was concerned.

“I didn’t see anything in what he was trying to talk about.

“We certainly had a lot of young blokes – (Steven) Salopek is a 17-year-old and (Stephen) Gilham (18). We wouldn’t be trying to create some sort of war zone, if you like. It was just hard footy.

“We fully admit two or three tackles … we tried to tackle blokes and they got hit high on the head, but they got free kicks from them and there was nothing in it.

“But, apart from that, we just thought we didn’t play as well as we had hoped. We did get some good stuff out of the game.

“It has been a pre-season where there has been a lot of injuries, which has given a lot of young players a lot more time than they probably would have got. So that’s been a huge positive for us that hopefully holds us in good stead later on in the year.”

When Primus was asked – at the media conference to announce he had signed with Port until at least the end of the 2006 season – whether he thought there was anything out of the ordinary in the match, he said: “I didn’t think there was anything … just a normal game of footy. They were getting a fair bit of the ball and we were second to it a fair bit.

“I didn’t think there was anything different from the way we normally play and the way games are normally played. Obviously he’s (Connolly’s) got a different opinion of that.

“Certainly, from our point of view, we were disappointed the way we played, but we didn’t think we were trying to go out there and knock their heads off or anything.”

With Port having now lost all three of its pre-season matches, Williams was asked whether the Power had reacted to its poor performance against the Western Bulldogs last Saturday week or whether it was trying to become a bit more physical.

“We tried to play a better game of footy than we did the week before, and there was no doubt the attitude of our players was much more switched on to play a more competitive game,” he said.

“You have to put yourself in the players’ position. We flew over on the same day, we played in 35-degree heat, we finished up playing at 12.30am our time (10pm in Perth), so there were a whole lot of factors that didn’t make it perfect preparation for us.

“We think, even though we’ve got only six days to prepare for this game (against Carlton at AAMI Stadium on Friday night), we’ll be a lot better this week as well.

“We’re thinking each week we’re just building up on it and hopefully we’ll get one or two more players back this week and be a little bit more competitive.

“We still made a few blues that caused turnover goals and things like that, that you’re not quite happy with. But, at the same time, it’s not something to do with how you’re trying to play. It’s to do with the delivery of it.”

Primus said of the match against the Dockers: “It wasn’t anything too flash. We had a couple of positives out of it with a few young fellows who showed a bit more.

“But, overall, we didn’t play all that well after the first quarter, and we’ve got one more week to trying to get a win on the board before we head over to Perth to play West Coast (at Subiaco on March 29 in the opening round of the home-and-away season).
“It was disappointing but we got a few things out of it and we want to turn it around on Friday night.”

Port’s Dean Brogan was the only player reported in last Saturday night’s match at Subiaco – for charging Fremantle’s Robert Haddrill late in the third quarter.

And today they can run a headline that states "Freo dismisses Freo concerns" ... idiots :rolleyes:

BTW I see our "SANFL goon coach" was awarded life membership of the AFL today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back