Autopsy Dogs lose to Tigers - Rd 7, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Nankervis is a man mountain. Yes he destroyed Martin but imagine if Tim was our solo ruck...

West tried to play Billy Big Balls with a premiership midfield & was made to look petulant & arrogant. At least he got stuck in.

Libba seemed to be doing it on his own in the guts

Highlight was Dale’s beautiful kick up the middle which spawned a quick goal. If only footy was always so easy

Well that was ****ing dreadful.

JJ, Schache, Cordy, Lipinski, West can spend about 8 weeks in the twos after that effort.

I bang on about why Schache won't make it in our setup and that was exhibit A. Sweet might not play forward but we need to pick 2 solid ruck options each and every time. Nankervis gave us an absolute towelling.

An absolute shame Johannisen has turned into the footballer he is.

Our midfield was bloody horrific in that 2nd half.

We don't get anywhere near enough from our small forwards.

Very poor second half.

Nearly all of our forwards were poor tonight, easily beaten in 1v1s.
Our mids fell away in the second half and Martin cannot ruck one out.
Our defence got exposed.
Forwards disappointed me the most though so non competitive.

English is so much more crucial than anyone realises to our team and structure. Dunkley out has also hurt massively rotating with libba, need someone to pick up that position.

Thought Bont was poor tonight and didn’t stand up when needed.

Schache not up to it, VFL form did not translate to AFL form.
West very selfish player that refuses to give the first option and gets pinned constantly.
Jj and Hannan not impressed at all both unsighted.
Cordy just so slow, when you make Lynch seem quick your in trouble

Takeaways on how to beat the system based team that is Richmond

Win the centre stoppages, do not allow them easy inside 50 ball, the carryover effect from allowing them repeat easy forward 50s is their defenders all push up and reset, thus denying easy outlets out of their opponents backline through weight of numbers behind the ball

Don't turn over the bloody ball, they love being second to the ball in certain parts of the ground in order to cause the turnover, thus launching some sort of counter-attack

Do these things all game and you likely beat them easily imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've defended her for a long time, but seemed like every howler of a call came from her tonight. Just shocking and all the players just seemed baffled at half her calls

Doesn't change whether we'd lose, just not great seeing her in prime time games
She is shocking every game that she umpires

What happened in the midfield in the third? Seriously smashed.

Toby_Nankervis_2017.2.jpg

Lots of concerns after that.

Schache very poor against tough opposition.

Cordy woeful with ball in hand, ball in foot, ball in air, ball anywhere.

West trying too much every time and too undisciplined. Needs to give the first option and play smarter football.

Next to no run or movement post half time. Lacking in leadership and grunt.

No plan B. Poor forward setup and structure.

Lots to work on - have another tough test in two weeks time v Port - have we learnt anything by then ???

Lack of depth
We really missed Dunkley & English
Libba and Treloar played well but the midfield was way down
Richmond controlled the middle
No answer for the Richmond forwards
Normally good players looked a bit iffy

West had a poor game (so did bont etc), but calling for him to be dropped is a bit silly.

Everybody is happy with him in, has a bad game and everybody wants him out

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

He was terrible. Gave away silly frees, nearly always took the wrong option and cost a goal not giving it to Naughton and put next to no pressure on (every time he tackled someone - he gave a free away). Deserves to be dropped.

West had a poor game (so did bont etc), but calling for him to be dropped is a bit silly.

Everybody is happy with him in, has a bad game and everybody wants him out

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
He's played too much VFL that he thinks he can break every tackle. The opposote of Lipinski who seemed terrified of contract

Our depth really worries me. Hopefully we have a good run with injuries from here or its going to be another finish in the bottom half of the eight.

Richmond were on another level to us tonight but I also don't think we were anywhere near our best.

I wouldn't read too much into one game. We'll learn a lot more over the next two weeks in particular.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back