Recommitted Dom Tyson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they wouldn't have Salem either.
While that's very true

Do you take a depth inside mid and a flanker both with limited potential, or the uncapped potential of an outside mid or another mid/fwd?

At the time, it was a win/win for both sides, but I think with hindsight almost any Demons fans would look back and wish they had of taken Kelly or even Billings.

Much like us taking Paddy over Petracca though. Demons at the time had no idea Viney would be the inside gun they desired and Oliver was still in the TAC cup, similar to us with Bruce and Membrey.

Hindsight really is a prick of a thing tbh

The Lions' second round pick (18 at the moment) would be close to a fair deal, while the Suns have four second-round picks ... As a Dees fan, I'd rather trade him for a readymade player of the type we need (speedy outside mid).
Probably need that for Charlie Cameron who is pretty much over the line. If Rocky goes FA I would give up the FA compo which would probably be pick after our second rounder. I can't see Tyson coming up here though.

He'd be good to have, but I doubt we'd be willing/able to accommodate his salary.

We do have some young outside runners though (Menadue, Markov) who look promising, and a FS this year who also fills that role (Naish) so might be convinced as a separate deal to trade someone out from that type of role, or even some of those who are keeping them out of the team now.

I would love him at the Tigers and is the right age for us.

Not sure what player/s we could afford to lose that would be worth anything to the Dees?

Would have to be a best 22 player. Maybe one of our small speedy forwards? Any interest in a Butler type?

Does he really fit with the Tigers game style? The biggest strength of the tigers is their ability to pressure their opponents from the forward line and around stoppages.

I don't see how adding Tyson to the mix improves your set up at all.

Wouldn't give up a top 30 selection in our position, but he is worth a bit more than that. Crows or Cats would be a good fit.

Does he really fit with the Tigers game style? The biggest strength of the tigers is their ability to pressure their opponents from the forward line and around stoppages.

Ball winning mid would be nice.

Alllows cotch and Dusty even more time forward.

Decent tackling mid that's a ready to go replacement for Grigg. We wanted him years ago and would still take him

All hypothetical and haven't heard a thing about him realistically getting shopped

While that's very true

Do you take a depth inside mid and a flanker both with limited potential, or the uncapped potential of an outside mid or another mid/fwd?

At the time, it was a win/win for both sides, but I think with hindsight almost any Demons fans would look back and wish they had of taken Kelly or even Billings.

The only thing stopping it being a massive GWS win is Hunt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth a pick 20-30 on the open market imo.
Would have thought he'd be worth more than that (especially 30!) but I really haven't seen much of him this year, so it's more going on his previous form.

Reckon anyone like him would be just what Carlton are looking for.

The fact he came from GWS originally would just be a sweet bonus for Carlton!

Last edited:
I think most supporters rate him fine, B grade mid is where he is at. Like the OP says we're well stocked for his type and whilst realistically we probably won't trade him out he is the most expendable of our current inside mids.
Oh please all the supporters here do is overreact to his kicking.

Outside of Oliver on the weekend he was the only other mid trying to get involved.

They harp on about the kicking of Tyson yet continue to blow smoke up Vineys ass despite him being a worse kick.

A lot of his grunt work goes unnoticed because he's not taking the ball and trying to run through 5 players like Viney.

Pretty reasonable thread

To me his range is between 10-30
10 we would have to give something back as well and for something 25+ we would probably want some later pick swaps.

Reckon 18 is about bang on the mark
yep, late teens is his true value. Pick 30 would be a steal and every club would enquire.

We will have 2 picks in the teens, wouldnt mind us making an enquiry.

yep, late teens is his true value. Pick 30 would be a steal and every club would enquire.

We will have 2 picks in the teens, wouldnt mind us making an enquiry.

Reckon that would be a true win win for both clubs.

A lot of discussion among Melbourne fans about our imbalanced midfield. We simply have too many inside mids - Viney, Oliver, Jones, Tyson, Lewis, Vince, and eventually you'd assume Petracca and Brayshaw slide in there too.

Of those listed, Tyson would be the one I'd like to see offered up for trade to get us a similarly rated outside mid, or equivalent draft pick - not that I don't rate him, but there's no way we'd want to trade Viney, Oliver, Jones etc.

IMO, Tyson is a B+ inside mid - excellent at winning contested footy, clearances and tackles a very good handballer but kicking can be hit and miss. He'd really suit a club that's thin on inside midfielders.

Anyway, what would he be worth on the open market? Just turned 24, so could suit a rebuilding club or a contender.
Trav Colyer?
We need another inside mid and probably one less runner given we have Parish, Merrett, Fanta, Tippa, McGrath, McKenna, Zaka.
Hasn't been sensational since returning but its mainly his fumbling that he needs tightening up.

we'll give you a second rounder back (even 2!) if you send Hibberd home.

Trav Colyer?
We need another inside mid and probably one less runner given we have Parish, Merrett, Fanta, Tippa, McGrath, McKenna, Zaka.
Hasn't been sensational since returning but its mainly his fumbling that he needs tightening up.

we'll give you a second rounder back (even 2!) if you send Hibberd home.

Straight swap for Zaka

Straight swap for Zaka

Free Agent, and will sign by all reports.

I'm surprised by Tyson being floated, I'd love to get my mitts on him

He's not being floated, just underrated.

Disagree that he's being underrated. I rate him. I just see him behind Viney, Jones, Oliver and Co as an inside mid, and he could get us some strong value if we decide to rectify an area of weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back